Mail forwarding costs from USA

Kingpin
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2024 at 2:22 PM, MikeyD said:

II have an option for DHL Express Worldwide for a little over 100 USD.  Has anyone had any mail forwarded to them in Cebu outside of Cebu City via DHL?  Is DHL a dependable mail/package delivery service outside of Cebu City?

Both DHL and FedEx transfer to local carriers to deliver to your door so there's no reason to pay more for one. FedEx has gotten notoriously overpriced for international shipments.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

Both DHL and FedEx transfer to local carriers to deliver to your door 

Definitely not true for all of DHL.  For some farther out areas, yes, DHL hands over to partner agents.  Other areas have uniformed drivers driving DHL equipment.  In some cases, sub-contractors dressed in DHL uniforms, driving DHL vehicles and following all DHL procedures.

All I know about Fedex is that they do have some driver's in Fedex uniforms driving Fedex trucks.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 1/6/2024 at 2:22 PM, MikeyD said:

I received a new credit card at my US mail forwarding service and was going to have it shipped to me in Liloan Cebu via FedEx International Economy but the cost is around 300 USD.  Previously I had mail forwarded via FedEx for $88.99 when I was in Cebu City.  The current rate to my old address in Cebu City is $93.73 so the rates have not gone up that much but I can’t imagine why delivery to a town 1 hour north of Cebu City would be 3 times the cost.  Has anyone had mail forwarded to an address outside of Cebu City and was the cost reasonable?  (I know reasonable is a relative term, so let’s just say less than $100)

I have an option for DHL Express Worldwide for a little over 100 USD.  Has anyone had any mail forwarded to them in Cebu outside of Cebu City via DHL?  Is DHL a dependable mail/package delivery service outside of Cebu City?  I did receive a balikbayan box via DHL when I was in Cebu City and I don’t remember any issues with the delivery service.  

Used DHL in November 2023 to forward an important item (only two ounces) from Idaho to Moalboal.  Cost was $54 and change.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Used DHL in November 2023 to forward an important item (only two ounces) from Idaho to Moalboal.  Cost was $54 and change.   

I have my US mail forwarded here about 2-3 times a year and it is also around $50 via DHL.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

As I alluded to in a previous post, the op is subject to the rates imposed on him by his mail forwarding service.  Everyone is saying what they paid to ship something, but that is apples and oranges to his situation.  He has no choice but to chose DHL or Fedex, I think.

I am curious as to which mail service he is using.  When I started using Travelling mailbox a few years back, the rate for forwarding to me was $85 for up to  pound, I think.  I have never had to use it, but I may be in his situation with a credit card next year.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

He has no choice but to chose DHL or Fedex, I think.

:89: Why do you think this OMW?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Why do you think this OMW?

His opening post stated those two, Fedex and DHL.  If he had other options, he probably would have mentioned them.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

His opening post stated those two, Fedex and DHL.  If he had other options, he probably would have mentioned them.

So Basically he is likely to be commercially Raped

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So Basically he is likely to be commercially Raped

That is why I am interested to know who the company is and that would be helpful information for the members here.  When I was canvassing for a company, forwarding costs were one of the considerations.  Other considerations are monthly fees, scan fees, storage fees, etc.  I chose Travelling Mailbox because it had the best mix of services / fees for me.  Others might have different needs.

The $300 Fedex fee may be a fluke or a mistake.  It could be that there is an extra charge for sending a credit card or it has to be sent as a dutiable shipment, which costs more.

At DHL, where I worked for 29 years, you could not send credit cards to certain countries, usually high fraud countries.  That list would change from time to time, and at times, DHL did not accept credit cards at all, and/or required them to be sent as a dutiable shipment that has extra security.  That was years ago.  After the chip credit cards came into widespread use, I think fraud has gone down and thus less need for those types of shipping restrictions.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That is why I am interested to know who the company is and that would be helpful information for the members here. 

Mine is PhysicalAddress.com.   Monthly rates are reasonable, rapid response, and as mentioned earlier, DHL was $54 and change from US to Moalboal.