How about this house?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The picture doesn't do it justice.  Bottom left, look at the little truck.

IMG_20240126_142856.jpg

Visited a friend in the Binictican neighborhood of SBFZ and this place is across the street.  Under construction for 2 years.  The owner is the founder of Converge, which went public a few years ago.

In the next lot, he is building a giant garage for cars and a large boat.

IMG20240126095430.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted

In our community we have one very similar to that in terms of size and design, and two under construction (albeit much smaller).  I'm not a particular lover of that style as It sort of reminds me of a municipal building in the UK in the 70s or 80s.  I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning all those windows! 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

In our community we have one very similar to that in terms of size and design, and two under construction (albeit much smaller).  I'm not a particular lover of that style as It sort of reminds me of a municipal building in the UK in the 70s or 80s.  I wouldn't want to be the one cleaning all those windows! 

There are two Dennis Uy and I don't think either one worries about cleaning windows.

The more well known millionaire:

https://www.forbes.com/profile/dennis-uy/?sh=4b0685db6e8c

The one that owns the house:

https://www.esquiremag.ph/money/industry/dennis-anthony-uy-facts-a00304-20200707

My friend told me he wants to buy Dito now.

Edited by OnMyWay

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Agree with @hk blues, not a fan of the design.  Also it seems a bit odd to have all those huge windows that appear to only have a view across the street?  That being said, I bet it is awesome inside!

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

There are two Dennis Uy and I don't think either one worries about cleaning windows.

Does anyone here? :hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not a particular lover of that style as It sort of reminds me of a municipal building in the UK in the 70s or 80s. 

That's the style most of the new high houses in Angeles are built in.  I think the call in "modern industrial minimalist" or something like that.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

That's the style most of the new high houses in Angeles are built in.  I think the call in "modern industrial minimalist" or something like that.

Yep...as I say there are 3 new ones going up around us in that style and numerous others around us.  I just don't love the boxy style with the flat/angular roof - if they had a standard saltbox style I'd be onboard.  

Possum
Posted
Posted

I don't understand the owner's fascination with all the glass, especially in a hot tropical climate prone to typhoons. The builders/architects like it because it's cheaper than block or other material yet you pay the same price. The design reminds me of something from the 1950-60.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Possum said:

I don't understand the owner's fascination with all the glass, especially in a hot tropical climate prone to typhoons. The builders/architects like it because it's cheaper than block or other material yet you pay the same price. The design reminds me of something from the 1950-60.

Yep, as I said it took me back to 70s UK when there were many public libraries, clinics etc etc using that design style