Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Absolute Insane!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Lee said:

So what if they don't go away.

Not sure I would want to take a chance of being bitten by having to depend on how cordial a snake was feeling that day.

Any sudden move could make the snake strike and you could die. Obviously if you are not in range of the snakes strike back off., or take your chance and try and kill it.

This is advise from snake experts, not mine. But go ahead and kill snakes.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

FYI

This was posted by me last year re cobra encounter.

Viking
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Lee said:

So what if they don't go away.

Not sure I would want to take a chance of being bitten by having to depend on how cordial a snake was feeling that day.

If they don't go away, you back off slowly.

If you do like this, your chances of being bitten will be much less, compared to if you try to kill the snake.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, MotorSarge said:

:hystery:

I understand your reaction. It sounded like an oxymoron, lol.

But the fact is, that if you keep clean around your place, the rats will go elsewhere, and the snakes will follow the rats. It's a win-win, except for the neighbors, 😆.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The proper advice from the experts are to leave snakes well alone. A snake will never actively hunt a human, most bites are due to disturbing them suddenly or trying to capture and kill them.

They react to vibrations and scent, if they detect you coming they leave the vicinity, their poison is usually saved for pray and many bites are dry bites. 

They also keep pests populations under control. If you don't want them around your property reduce anything that attracts vermin. 

• Like 4

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The proper advice from the experts are to leave snakes well alone. A snake will never actively hunt a human, most bites are due to disturbing them suddenly or trying to capture and kill them

I'm no way a snake expert, just cautiously self-taught from daily encounters.

As Snowy stated:

1. A (most) snake(s) will never actively hunt a human. (Be careful around hungry Large Boas & Pythons [maybe not hunting you but you could become a meal if in their territory]).

2. Most snake bites are due to disturbing them suddenly. (walking in tall grass, moving firewood, chicken & bunny coop activities).

3. Don't try to capture them or kill them at close distance (unless you an expert) I use an 8-foot rake and strike right behind the head.

Remember the snake you see today may be the snake you see 3, 6 or 12 months again from now, they don't travel far. 

Stay safe & call an expert.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

This should have been merged with the Venomous Snake Bite Death at my house.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A snake will never actively hunt a human

Tell that to this guy!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

More proof!