Change of Address

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I remember some of you have experiences.  I have a new address.  I can put the effective date of the new address as January.  I also have to do my annual report.

What is your best advice for me?  Do they require any proof of new address, especially regarding the date?  I think the official date for me would be December 31, 2023.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I changed my address I was a couple of weeks late in notifying them. I had to get a letter from the barangay hall showing the date I moved into our new house. There was a nominal fine per day for the late notification. As it took a few days to get the letter that delayed the official date of notification and therefore increased the daily fine. They didn't issue a new ACR card reflecting the new address, that will be done on renewal.

I cannot remember if I had to show a copy of the new lease, but probably did. I would take it, or deed of sale/purchase if you own the house, together will a couple of photocopies, just in case. 

I can't see why you cannot combine the change of address notification with your Annual Report.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

When I changed my address I was a couple of weeks late in notifying them. I had to get a letter from the barangay hall showing the date I moved into our new house. There was a nominal fine per day for the late notification. As it took a few days to get the letter that delayed the official date of notification and therefore increased the daily fine. They didn't issue a new ACR card reflecting the new address, that will be done on renewal.

I cannot remember if I had to show a copy of the new lease, but probably did. I would take it, or deed of sale/purchase if you own the house, together will a couple of photocopies, just in case. 

I can't see why you cannot combine the change of address notification with your Annual Report.

Thanks, great info!

I remember someone saying to not change address at annual report but I think that was when they were very late.  Do you know what the allowance is?  30 days?  60?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks, great info!

I remember someone saying to not change address at annual report but I think that was when they were very late.  Do you know what the allowance is?  30 days?  60?

That was me!

I suggested not changing at Annual Report for the exact reason you suggest - I was very late.  The reason I suggest not doing them together is that it is suspicious and they may ask more questions than otherwise about the date of move. (In fact, I wasn't late at all, just misinformed - I advised the BI when I moved at I was told just finalise the new address when your card expires which was partly correct in that a new ACR wouldn't be issued but the paperwork should have been filed immediately and wasn't - I was pretty frustrated about this as I'm very careful about this kind of thing).  

When I eventually completed the paperwork for the change the only 'evidence' of the new address was the Barangay certificate and an affidavit.  Neither requested any evidence of the date of move and completed the documents based on the date I gave.  I doubt they (BI) get too upset about such detail as long as you notify them of the change.  The only penalty for not doing so promptly is the fine.  

I don't think there is any allowance per se so the sooner you get it done the better.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That was me!

I suggested not changing at Annual Report for the exact reason you suggest - I was very late.  The reason I suggest not doing them together is that it is suspicious and they may ask more questions than otherwise about the date of move. (In fact, I wasn't late at all, just misinformed - I advised the BI when I moved at I was told just finalise the new address when your card expires which was partly correct in that a new ACR wouldn't be issued but the paperwork should have been filed immediately and wasn't - I was pretty frustrated about this as I'm very careful about this kind of thing).  

When I eventually completed the paperwork for the change the only 'evidence' of the new address was the Barangay certificate and an affidavit.  Neither requested any evidence of the date of move and completed the documents based on the date I gave.  I doubt they (BI) get too upset about such detail as long as you notify them of the change.  The only penalty for not doing so promptly is the fine.  

I don't think there is any allowance per se so the sooner you get it done the better.  

So I went down to BI Olongapo just to ask questions.  I asked about the address change and the annual report.

Basically, the guy told me the same as what you are saying.  File the annual report with the old address.

Unfortunately, they also told me the address change has to be done at the main office.  If I remember correctly, some of you were able to do ACR renewal at other offices, and the address change is the same form.

I went to look at the Directory of Offices / Services / Transactions, and they no longer have it.  Click on the map, and they have a list of the offices but nothing about services at each office.

https://immigration.gov.ph/resources/directory-of-transactions/

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So I went down to BI Olongapo just to ask questions.  I asked about the address change and the annual report.

Basically, the guy told me the same as what you are saying.  File the annual report with the old address.

Unfortunately, they also told me the address change has to be done at the main office.  If I remember correctly, some of you were able to do ACR renewal at other offices, and the address change is the same form.

I went to look at the Directory of Offices / Services / Transactions, and they no longer have it.  Click on the map, and they have a list of the offices but nothing about services at each office.

https://immigration.gov.ph/resources/directory-of-transactions/

Yes, I was able to do the ACR Renewal (and Address Change) in the Iloilo regional office. 

As for the directory, yes, I think we discovered the issue before but I was able to find a directory but can't locate it now - and even if I could I think it was pointed out that it was out of date/inaccurate anyway. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes, I was able to do the ACR Renewal (and Address Change) in the Iloilo regional office. 

As for the directory, yes, I think we discovered the issue before but I was able to find a directory but can't locate it now - and even if I could I think it was pointed out that it was out of date/inaccurate anyway. 

I guess my only option is to call some of the offices not too far away and ask.  After that, either trip to Manila or pay the agent who did my acr renewal.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I guess my only option is to call some of the offices not too far away and ask.  After that, either trip to Manila or pay the agent who did my acr renewal.

Won't the local office let you know which other offices can do it?

starrt
Posted
Posted

My suggestion is NOT to wait for renewing the ACR card to register a change of address.

I too was misinformed when I moved and filed my annual report. I was also told to wait for the renewal.

When I renewed my ACR card several years later I was fined over 12,000 pesos for being late in advising them of my new address.

I went to the local office at SM Aura in Taguig for the renewal, got the paper work done, and then had to pick up my new ACR card from the main BI office at Intramurous.

Please double, triple, check what you have been told.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, starrt said:

My suggestion is NOT to wait for renewing the ACR card to register a change of address.

I too was misinformed when I moved and filed my annual report. I was also told to wait for the renewal.

When I renewed my ACR card several years later I was fined over 12,000 pesos for being late in advising them of my new address.

I went to the local office at SM Aura in Taguig for the renewal, got the paper work done, and then had to pick up my new ACR card from the main BI office at Intramurous.

Please double, triple, check what you have been told.

Your experience is exactly in line with mine  - a hefty fine through no fault of my own.

Moral of the story - change the address as soon as you move unless you want to rack up fines.

• Like 1