Lawyer disbarred for misrepresenting position at Customs

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

The case above is a lot murkier

Just another example of trying to get something for nothing, so to speak, weekly we read about people getting scammed. 

Saw on the news the other day a professional woman in the states gave 50k usd to a fake FBI agent.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, hk blues said:

Not always the case...I had no issue handing over my hard-earned cash to the Toyota dealership when I bought my car and never doubted the integrity of the transaction.  The case above is a lot murkier than that and perhaps the expression "Buyer Beware" applies to the women who seems to have been trying to buy a car through a bit of an unconventional means to say the least. 

Several years ago I was offered a fairly new used car for 100K peso.  The car was "seized by the PNP in a drug bust".  Thank you but I will pass. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, scott h said:

Just another example of trying to get something for nothing, so to speak, weekly we read about people getting scammed. 

Saw on the news the other day a professional woman in the states gave 50k usd to a fake FBI agent.

5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Several years ago I was offered a fairly new used car for 100K peso.  The car was "seized by the PNP in a drug bust".  Thank you but I will pass. 

Yes and Yes.

When you go swimming with sharks...

• Like 1