17 killed in Philippine road crash

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, scott h said:

They get these new vehicles they will have to maintain them according to factory specs using specific parts or they just wont work period.

The clock is ticking. Without being sarcastic or hateful I seriously doubt there is or will be an effective maintenance program for those new vehicles due to cost. 

• Like 3

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

Government is necessary to enforce rules/laws.  We all know that in MOST areas of the country, there is NO enforcement.  How would driving be in whatever country you came from if there were NO enforcement?  I continually see these huge trucks and buses going way too fast for the urban areas they are in.  Even if the brakes are working, speed kills!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

The clock is ticking. Without being sarcastic or hateful I seriously doubt there is or will be an effective maintenance program for those new vehicles due to cost. 

Without proper maintenance they would risk losing the manufacturer’s warranty. They could falsify their maintenance records (which I’m sure many will try), but should a major repair be required, or in the event of a crash, a skilled factory trained technician can tell if it was really implemented. The warranty seems to be an important issue as it’s a point of contention in the operators argument - loans are for 7 years, but the warranty is only for 5. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Gator said:

Without proper maintenance they would risk losing the manufacturer’s warranty. They could falsify their maintenance records (which I’m sure many will try), but should a major repair be required, or in the event of a crash, a skilled factory trained technician can tell if it was really implemented. The warranty seems to be an important issue as it’s a point of contention in the operators argument - loans are for 7 years, but the warranty is only for 5. 

I'm sure with the correct paperwork all that will "go away".

1B532A1C-1EF3-42AD-8F07-6E58CC469C06.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3