Getting my mrs to the UK

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted

Greetings Earthlings.

This is a specific question for any of you brits who might be out there who managed to get your Mrs and child back to the UK?

How did you do it?

Seems like i cant find anybody else here ( In my general proximity ) who might have that knowledge , but maybe somebody out there might?  I have been in touch with an agency in the UK who has set out a general idea, however the cost was rather a lot and i wondered if I made the application via the Phils if it might not be quite so painful.  I have a kid who was born here and the agency said i should apply for a ROA, ( Right to Abode? which I know nothing about. ) before applying for a UK passport, and that the chances are much better for her than they would be for a Filipino national, however I want them both to come  and i hear taking a child away from her mother in this country is very hard? That would be a last resort and something i don't want to consider for now.

So, are there any of you out there who are experience? Have you ever been experienced? ( Jimi ) Or might be able to pass up any advice of who might help.

Mucho Thanko

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Robert. :tiphat:

Perhaps if you were not so cryptic someone could understand what your question is?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum.  Try Google "how to bring wife and child from Philippines to UK".  It brings up a fairly comprehensive list of websites.  Many are law offices but they generally tell what process and paperwork is required.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Forums are a good source of information from others going through the process and experts giving free advice.

Google "UK Immigration Forum".

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bobthebuilder said:

Greetings Earthlings.

This is a specific question for any of you brits who might be out there who managed to get your Mrs and child back to the UK?

How did you do it?

Seems like i cant find anybody else here ( In my general proximity ) who might have that knowledge , but maybe somebody out there might?  I have been in touch with an agency in the UK who has set out a general idea, however the cost was rather a lot and i wondered if I made the application via the Phils if it might not be quite so painful.  I have a kid who was born here and the agency said i should apply for a ROA, ( Right to Abode? which I know nothing about. ) before applying for a UK passport, and that the chances are much better for her than they would be for a Filipino national, however I want them both to come  and i hear taking a child away from her mother in this country is very hard? That would be a last resort and something i don't want to consider for now.

So, are there any of you out there who are experience? Have you ever been experienced? ( Jimi ) Or might be able to pass up any advice of who might help.

Mucho Thanko

I'm unsure why they've advised you get a ROA before the passport. IIRC it costs a few hundred pounds and I believe is more common where an individual cannot have dual passports so won't be able to get a British one so instead apply the ROA. If your child's situation is clear I.e. you are a British citizen and he/she is your child then I cannot see why you wouldn't simply apply for a UK passport. 

I actually contacted the UK passport authority about this and their advice was to simply apply for a UK passport and see if it is approved.  Now,  if it's rejected you may not be able to apply again but the reason for rejection would be the same for your ROA application so same risk.

Good luck but I'd be thinking about doing the application myself without an agent. 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Forget this ROA business. No need.

Just apply for a first passport for a child born overseas (see UK Passport Office website. Be warned, it takes a few months for the first British passport to come through. Cost (was) £110 including courier delivery to your Phils address.

Been there, done that...for my now 8 year-old son, born in the Phils. We also got him a Filipino passport, so he is a dual national.

He has been to the UK once, and Hong Kong also. No probs.

Taking the Mrs to the UK is a different matter altogether. Hope you're feeling rich.  UK Govt. needs your money.

Edited by graham59
  • Like 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I'd definitely use an agency. My wife applied for a tourist visa herself here and was rejected. I think because she ticked self employed the website only asked for proof of funds and something like 'please make sure all the documents you send are relevant' so she just sent a bank statement.
Then when she got rejected it was something like 'we don't know where the funds came from', which they definitely didn't ask for lol.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It would be better if we know if this person is in the uk trying to get his wife and child to him or are they all in the Philippines trying to come to the UK together, a lot easy if he’s in the UK , working has his own house lots of cash in the bank helps too

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

It would be better if we know if this person is in the uk trying to get his wife and child to him or are they all in the Philippines trying to come to the UK together, a lot easy if he’s in the UK , working has his own house lots of cash in the bank helps too

Isn't there a minimum income requirement of £29,000 per year now?  Available cash in the bank can be included. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Isn't there a minimum income requirement of £29,000 per year now?  Available cash in the bank can be included. 

Not to sure what the figure is l but it seems to change every year by going up , maybe get a flight to Europe then a small boat from France could be the best way forward :whistling: