Travel Insurance

RBM
Posted
Posted

We are planning a trip to Thailand soon for a few weeks, as living here am unable to obtain a cover from NZ.

Wondering if any member knows of a local reputable insurance company that could provide travel insurance, my searches on line yield nothing

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Most of the major Philippine insurers offer travel insurance.  AXA, Pacific Cross.  Last year for our Malaysia trip I used Standard Insurance.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RBM said:

We are planning a trip to Thailand soon for a few weeks, as living here am unable to obtain a cover from NZ.

Wondering if any member knows of a local reputable insurance company that could provide travel insurance, my searches on line yield nothing

If you’re paying for your trip with a credit card then you might want to check its terms. Many credit card companies include travel insurance as a perk.  Whether or not it’ll fully suit your needs might be a different story, but you may only need to supplement what they provide. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gator said:

If you’re paying for your trip with a credit card then you might want to check its terms. Many credit card companies include travel insurance as a perk.  Whether or not it’ll fully suit your needs might be a different story, but you may only need to supplement what they provide. 

Hmmm...  I just go my new CapitalOne travel card today.  I need to check the terms.

RBM
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Most of the major Philippine insurers offer travel insurance.  AXA, Pacific Cross.  Last year for our Malaysia trip I used Standard Insurance.

Thanks, AXA does look attractive.

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

Oh, that Singapore Airlines that fell out of the sky, paying attention now, "the safety belt sign is on''  i remember Thailand had a law that you needed travel insurance to visit the country, not sure now. Also heard all Airlines talking about upgrading their safety belts as in the photos, but budget airlines will now issue all passengers with a bit of rope, budget, cheap, cost cutting, and don't trust their parachutes.

Car-harnes.jpg

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I still laugh watching flight attendants demonstrate the use of a safety belt.  Every person on board has seen one and probably use it in a car if they were born after 1950.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I still laugh watching flight attendants demonstrate the use of a safety belt.  Every person on board has seen one and probably use it in a car if they were born after 1950.

Unless they are from the Philippines. I have to dig out the seat belts in every van I've ridden in and many don't work. Clogged with dirt from never being used.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

And how the May West life vest is located under your seat "in case of an unplanned water landing".  Excuse me miss, but shouldn't an "unplanned water landing" actually be called "the plane crashes in the ocean".   Semantics are important, just saying. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

And how the May West life vest is located under your seat "in case of an unplanned water landing". 

I have also found this amusing. I asked once how often they have planned water landings?

• Like 2