Ice Cream

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

More of what to eat vs places to eat.   Although my ice cream intake is about 1/100th of what it was when I was growing up, I still enjoy some quality ice cream every now and then.   I came across Carmen's Best Ice Cream about 5 years ago, and it was, and still is one of (if not the best) ice cream I have ever had.   Many of the ingredients are imported from countries all over the world.  Any of you had the chance to try this?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Never tried it. I love a good basic vanilla made with alot of cream from a local dairy and have it regularly in the US with fresh fruit.I rarely have ice cream in the philippines. It always disappoints me.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I am posting this link for forum members who would like to try this ice cream.  I have no interest in the company and will receive no benefit in posting the "Where to buy" URL.   This list of locations is actually fairly lengthy.   

https://carmensbest.com/where-to-buy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My mother in law served me Magnolia brand Ube ice cream the first time I met the family. I still enjoy that very much.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I am posting this link for forum members who would like to try this ice cream.  I have no interest in the company and will receive no benefit in posting the "Where to buy" URL.   This list of locations is actually fairly lengthy.   

https://carmensbest.com/where-to-buy

I will have to give that a try. Thx

RBM
Posted
Posted

Selecta is my favourite....

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

Carmens Best really blows all the other Filipino Ice Cream out of the water... HOWEVER, it is also the most expensive by far (worth it in my opinion)

Viking
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2024 at 4:10 AM, OnMyWay said:

Carmen's Best is sold at at quite a few places here in the Freeport, but I have not tried it yet.

Since I don't eat sugar much I rarely enjoy ice cream, but we are in Bohol, and The Bee Farm has some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted!  I had charcoal flavor, 5 years ago.

FB_IMG_1717985124806.jpg

FB_IMG_1717985113272.jpg

Same as you, never tried Carmen's Best, but many years ago when we visited Bohol, we had a very good icecream. In my memory it was called Bumblebee, maybe that was the same? 

Wife and I still talk about it sometimes, lol. Our favourites was the Peanut Kisses and the Coconut flavor 😀

I will try Carmen's when I get a chance because the regular brands of icecream in the Philippines doesn't impress me much.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

Same as you, never tried Carmen's Best, but many years ago when we visited Bohol, we had a very good icecream. In my memory it was called Bumblebee, maybe that was the same? 

Wife and I still talk about it sometimes, lol. Our favourites was the Peanut Kisses and the Coconut flavor 😀

I will try Carmen's when I get a chance because the regular brands of icecream in the Philippines doesn't impress me much.

I dont think you will be disappointed.   I have tried many of the flavors, the Dark Chocolate and Brazilian Coffee are probably my favorites, but they are all excellent. 

• Like 2