What The Heck Is With This Crazy Weather Patterns?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I keep hearing from people all over the US that they are freezing their butts off, here in Florida we have had the heat on for a few weeks now on and off and tonight it will get down into the 30's, so what the heck is going on? This sure is not global warming? :SugarwareZ-037: Maybe we are entering an ice age would be more like it. :lol: Man it is cold here for my aching bones. :SugarwareZ-034: Time for everyone to report in, what is the temps like where you are now?I sure cannot wait to get back home to Cebu. :yes:

Mik
Posted
Posted

We are in a period of very low sunspot activity. Low solar activity means low temperatures on our planet. This cooling trend will probably last several decades..

Travis
Posted
Posted
I keep hearing from people all over the US that they are freezing their butts off, here in Florida we have had the heat on for a few weeks now on and off and tonight it will get down into the 30's, so what the heck is going on? This sure is not global warming? SugarwareZ-037.gif Maybe we are entering an ice age would be more like it. laugh.gif Man it is cold here for my aching bones. SugarwareZ-034.gif Time for everyone to report in, what is the temps like where you are now?I sure cannot wait to get back home to Cebu. yes.gif
it is nice & warm in Cebu, if I did the conversion right then it is about 81 degrees now

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

T-shirts and flip-flops here in Surigao City Mr. Lee. The mangoes, pineapples, and bananas are tree ripe and fresh on the table. Tuna, squid, and red fish is fresh at the market.It is a nice day to take a dip in the ocean.Do need to turn on the fan awhile during the midday to cool things down just a bit.7_3_205[1].gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thanks, you guys have to rub it in while I am freezing my arse off. :SugarwareZ-037: Man it is even too cold to drink a beer but not for Scotch. :lol: :SugarwareZ-034:

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

Tugnaw kaayo diri!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Tugnaw kaayo diri!
Or in English, it is very cold here. :SugarwareZ-037:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sun is shining,something like 30 Celsius here in Brisbane,have the fan blowing on me.Did you not see the news?The government have decided that they were wrong and now are appealing for more green house gases,its now known as Global Cooling

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
Sun is shining,something like 30 Celsius here in Brisbane,have the fan blowing on me.Did you not see the news?The government have decided that they were wrong and now are appealing for more green house gases,its now known as Global Cooling
You would think that all the hot air by Gore, disillusioned scientist, yes men special interest groups, and World Bank Lobbyist; would have both stimulated the rain forest and melted the glaciers.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Tugnaw kaayo diri!
Or in English, it is very cold here. :SugarwareZ-037:
just to warm you guys up a bit I thought I would show you the news report for my home town and where my family live in the Wimmera districtCode red fire ban issued for VictoriaVictoria has declared a code red catastrophic fire day for the first time ahead of a summer scorcher.The Wimmera district in western Victoria will be on the country's highest alert on Monday, with temperatures set to hit 44 degrees and northerly winds of up to 45km/h forecast.A total fire ban will be in place across the entire state.Extreme fire conditions are expected for much of the state, including Melbourne, in the central district, where the mercury is expected to reach 43 degrees.Already the temperature reached 44 degrees in the northwest of the state on Sunday.And the heat isn't likely to end on Monday with code red fire days expected in the north east and north central fire ban regions on Tuesday.Fire chiefs took the unusual step of calling the code red alert for the Wimmera ahead of the official declaration by the Bureau of Meteorology, so that people can prepare."We're making this announcement and providing this information because we want the community to act now," Country Fire Authority (CFA) chief fire officer Russell Rees said."This is about protecting life and taking action."Residents in the Wimmera have been urged to leave their homes either on Sunday night or Monday morning at the latest and not risk being caught out on the road."It is vital now more than ever with this difficult weather that people listen to the radio, keep themselves up to date with fire danger and keep themselves informed," Mr Rees said.National and state parks are being closed across the district and campers and holidaymakers urged to get out.