What Is Tampo

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

Hello allMaybe some of you forum regulars can post an answer to my query. You see I was in the mall a few days ago and decided on a coffee,there was a group of expatiates or maybe a couple were tourist sitting there who invited me to sit with them. Not a bad bunch but the conversation went over my head and I never really got the gist of it.They were talking about some thing they called Tampo,what is this tampo?

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hello allMaybe some of you forum regulars can post an answer to my query. You see I was in the mall a few days ago and decided on a coffee,there was a group of expatiates or maybe a couple were tourist sitting there who invited me to sit with them. Not a bad bunch but the conversation went over my head and I never really got the gist of it.They were talking about some thing they called Tampo,what is this tampo?
tampo is a Filipina version of a temper silent treatment

Steve
Posted
Posted

Here's a short read. Tampo

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Here's a short read. Tampo
Where was that explanation when I needed it? The first year we were married I mistook tampo for something more serious, and in the words of the author, "the worst thing you could do is to get stressed out over a tampo session, because an over-reaction on your part may escalate the situation to the point that your fianc

manabouttown
Posted
Posted

HelloThanks for your help in solving my ignorance to the meaning of tampo.My new found knowledge on this subject puts some light on what the whole conversation was about and so far tampo has not exposed it self to me.

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
HelloThanks for your help in solving my ignorance to the meaning of tampo.My new found knowledge on this subject puts some light on what the whole conversation was about and so far tampo has not exposed it self to me.
You are lucky so far. It is inevitable and something that must be endured for life (at least for me so far). I have and always struggle with it as I'm one that likes to discuss and resolve things and had to learn to just give it time.

• 1 month later...
Demeter
Posted
Posted (edited)

The equivalent of Tampo in Cebuano is called "Pangluod." Examples: Nangluod ang asawa ni Mark kay nitan-aw siya sa babayi nga gwapa. Mark's wife is sulking because he looked at the beautiful woman.Ayaw na ug pangluod kay mas gwapa ka.Don't sulk now because you are more beautiful.

Edited by Demeter

scianna54
Posted
Posted

Tampo means peace and quiet in the house for a few hours. thumbs-up-smile.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Tampo can escalate into something worst if it lingers for too long or when one of you don't have the patience for it to die down! Take action at once before it gets worst! But be really nice and understanding!SugarwareZ-225.gif:thumbsup::yes:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Tampo can escalate into something worst if it lingers for too long or when one of you don't have the patience for it to die down! Take action at once before it gets worst! But be really nice and understanding!SugarwareZ-225.gif:thumbsup::yes:
Hey Art,Oh how true, how true! Nothing is worse than a woman's scorn, especially the wrath from a Filipina.BLESS THEIR HEARTS!Jake