Marriage With Expiration Date, Anyone?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Not sure why women would want this? I think it would work against most women except maybe for those who have to support their lazy bum husbands? Am I missing something here? It might also work against anyone married to expats because then the guys might just go out and find a younger and maybe sexier lady to trade in the older one for if she did not keep herself in shape. SugarwareZ-007.gifThe story, marriage with an expiration dateThe proponents said a 10-year expiration on marriages would give couples the opportunity to review their relationship, and decide whether to continue or not with the union.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Not sure why women would want this? I think it would work against most women except maybe for those who have to support their lazy bum husbands? Am I missing something here? It might also work against anyone married to expats because then the guys might just go out and find a younger and maybe sexier lady to trade in the older one for if she did not keep herself in shape. SugarwareZ-007.gifThe story, marriage with an expiration dateThe proponents said a 10-year expiration on marriages would give couples the opportunity to review their relationship, and decide whether to continue or not with the union.
I've seen ideas like this floated before and they usually include a mechanism to ensure the financial well being of both parties. I would be shocked if the proposal was that either party could simply walk away at the end of the 10 years.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

It sort of defeats the whole point of getting married.. It should be a life long commitment if people cant commit to it then just dont commit..

Guardian
Posted
Posted
That is the dumbest of dumb ideas.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There would be many issues with an expiry marriage,one that comes to mind is that most people that borrow from the bank to buy a house take out say a 20 year loan in joint names.The banks would have to reconsider their lending system and I could not see a 20 year loan given in this scenario.

manabouttown
Posted
Posted (edited)

HiWish this idea was around when I was married.The wifes contract would not be renewed after ten years knowing what I know now :wt-hell: he he

Edited by manabouttown

Steve
Posted
Posted
I second that! The one thing my wife and I discussed before hand, is that we both were only going to get married once :wt-hell:

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted

Very stupid idea. Marriage is about commitment, if you do not wish to commit then do not get married.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Very stupid idea. Marriage is about commitment, if you do not wish to commit then do not get married.
I think most people have that idea but as time goes by things change,no point remaining in a marriage if the relationship has broken down and can not be repaired.SugarwareZ-225.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think most people have that idea but as time goes by things change,no point remaining in a marriage if the relationship has broken down and can not be repaired.SugarwareZ-225.gif
I agree but the system in the Philippines can be fixed by allowing divorce and not with an expiration date for a marriage.