Crossing The Streets

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Roads down in the province are no where near as bad as they are in the city, but only two days ago, a good friend of mine was knocked over by a motorbike at night who had no lights on. He was walking home, some 200 meters away from the house, when he saw a bike coming down the road. Unknowing to him the bike he saw was overtaking the one which did not have lights on, as he waited at the edge of the road for the bike to pass, the bike with no lights on hit him on the side, knocking him to the ground and the biker off his bike rolling down the road. Luckily for my friend he is rather tall and only came off with some bruises to the shoulder, ribs and legs. No need for hospital treatment. The man on the bike was very apologetic to him. So you can be as careful as you want down here, but until they start cracking down on motorbikes not using lights at night, you will never know if your going to get home that night here.
I totally agree that they need to crack down on the light issue but they also need to crack down on how these biker drive. I was crossing the street to go take care of some things and I made it all the way past 4 lanes of traffic only to be almost run over by a guy on a motorcycle who decided to go up on the sidewalk to pass the traffic and he did not see me and I did not see him until the last second. It is getting more and more dangerous with these clowns who try to beat the lanes of traffic by making lanes of their own or riding up on the sidewalk. :th_thimage_265775: :thumbs-up-smile: I guess I was luckier than your friend, but not by much, and I consider myself to be very careful.