Are Filipinos That Sensitive About Being Called Names?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder if they knew who they were shooting? Lomibao grandson shot dead over jokeMANILA, Philippines - A grandson of former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Arturo Lomibao was shot dead in Quezon City at past midnight yesterday, allegedly by two construction workers who did not find his joke funny.Chief Inspector Benjamin Elenzano, Quezon City Police District

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I wonder if they knew who they were shooting? Lomibao grandson shot dead over jokeMANILA, Philippines - A grandson of former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Arturo Lomibao was shot dead in Quezon City at past midnight yesterday, allegedly by two construction workers who did not find his joke funny.Chief Inspector Benjamin Elenzano, Quezon City Police District's homicide division chief, said laborer Joselito Lomibao, 29, a resident of 3rd Planas street in Barangay Kaunlaran, was killed at around 1:50 a.m.Prior to the shooting, suspects Bong Plaza Rodriguez and a certain "Ryan" were walking near the victim's house towards a fastfood restaurant when Lomibao cracked a joke as they passed by.According to Elenzano, Lomibao called Rodriguez "Binoe," a nickname of action star Robin Padilla, referring to how Rodriguez moved like the actor.Elenzano said the suspects returned later and shot Lomibao three times, then fled. The victim was rushed to the Quirino Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.Link to this story
I doubt if they knew or cared who they were shooting. Filipinos are definitely oversensitive to perceived insults. Foreigners can be deported for it, and apparently locals can be shot for it. I'm sure foreigners are killed for it as well. Some of those dead foreigners we read about in the paper were likely killed for insulting the wrong person.This story is a perfect illustration of why I laugh at those who say the Philippines is a safe country. All it takes is one misconstrued joke, one wayward comment, and someone puts a bullet in you.

Travis
Posted
Posted
I wonder if they knew who they were shooting? Lomibao grandson shot dead over jokeMANILA, Philippines - A grandson of former Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Arturo Lomibao was shot dead in Quezon City at past midnight yesterday, allegedly by two construction workers who did not find his joke funny.Chief Inspector Benjamin Elenzano, Quezon City Police District's homicide division chief, said laborer Joselito Lomibao, 29, a resident of 3rd Planas street in Barangay Kaunlaran, was killed at around 1:50 a.m.Prior to the shooting, suspects Bong Plaza Rodriguez and a certain "Ryan" were walking near the victim's house towards a fastfood restaurant when Lomibao cracked a joke as they passed by.According to Elenzano, Lomibao called Rodriguez "Binoe," a nickname of action star Robin Padilla, referring to how Rodriguez moved like the actor.Elenzano said the suspects returned later and shot Lomibao three times, then fled. The victim was rushed to the Quirino Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival.Link to this story
I doubt if they knew or cared who they were shooting. Filipinos are definitely oversensitive to perceived insults. Foreigners can be deported for it, and apparently locals can be shot for it. I'm sure foreigners are killed for it as well. Some of those dead foreigners we read about in the paper were likely killed for insulting the wrong person.This story is a perfect illustration of why I laugh at those who say the Philippines is a safe country. All it takes is one misconstrued joke, one wayward comment, and someone puts a bullet in you.
there is a lesson to be learned here, never insult anyone & especially a person who resides in your host country. Cebu is safe in my opinion but I am always respectful to everyone I meet

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So much for the gun ban 1391.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ahhhh, now you get the point that I have always been trying to make, criminals will always have guns, so why take them from law abiding citizens. Now with that said, we have no way of knowing if that gun was legal or not but we do know the guy broke the law by carrying it since there is a gun ban going on, so as I say, criminals do not care about laws and honest people do their best to follow the laws and I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have been arrested under the gun ban were cops and people who were allowed to carry the gun in the first place such as security guards but maybe they were on their way to work or home and were not in uniform which would make it illegal, but I am sure there were a few criminals in there as well.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ahhhh, now you get the point that I have always been trying to make, criminals will always have guns, so why take them from law abiding citizens. Now with that said, we have no way of knowing if that gun was legal or not but we do know the guy broke the law by carrying it since there is a gun ban going on, so as I say, criminals do not care about laws and honest people do their best to follow the laws and I would be willing to bet that most of the people who have been arrested under the gun ban were cops and people who were allowed to carry the gun in the first place such as security guards but maybe they were on their way to work or home and were not in uniform which would make it illegal, but I am sure there were a few criminals in there as well.
Ahhhh, now you get the point that I have always been trying to make
Some times I wish I kept my mouth shut :thumbs-up-smile: :thumbs-up-smile:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

If a gangbanger around here perceives an insult you can count on a violent response. You can also count on them coming in numbers.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Apparentlyyou do not even have to say anything.Nursing student killed for staring at 5 men MANILA, Philippines

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Apparentlyyou do not even have to say anything.Nursing student killed for staring at 5 men MANILA, Philippines – A nursing student was declared dead on arrival at a nearby hospital after he was attacked and shot by a group of men, who did not like the way he stared at them. Police Officer 1 Hermogenes Capili of the Quezon City Police District's Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit (QCPD-CIDU) said Mar Jove Beltran, 24, a resident of Barangay Teachers Village in Quezon City, was walking with his friends when he passed by five men. The incident took place on Wilson Street, Barangay Damayang Lagi at around 11 p.m. Saturday. "He was beaten up and shot dead by a group of men just because he stared at the suspects, who did not like the way the victim looked at them," Capili said. The victim was rushed by his friends to a hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. At press time, the police have yet to arrest Beltran's attackers. Chief Inspector Benjamin Elenzano, head of the QCPD homicide investigation unit, said the victim was shot with an improvised firearm by Roberto Santos, a resident of Santos Street in Barangay Damayan, San Francisco del Monte, Quezon City. Aliases Santos' companions were identified only as Fetus, Peke, Cloyd and Biyong. They were described as being in their late 20s to 30s. After attacking and shooting the victim, the five men escaped on board a motorcycle and a tricycle with Damapatoda markings. The motorcycle, on the other hand, did not have a license plate but a sign, which read "For registration." Elenzano said the victim's friends told the police that as he was being beaten up, he begged his attackers not to hurt him anymore. 'It happened so fast' Santos, however, took out a gun and shot him repeatedly. They added that they were not able to help the victim because his attackers threatened them and warned them against interfering. Witnesses said, "The incident happened so fast." Investigation showed that one of the suspects had accused Beltran of staring at them as the former's companions immediately surrounded the victim. "The suspects ganged up on the victim, who was pleading with them to stop. [The incident was] witnessed by people who could not [do anything to] help [the victim]," Capili said.Original article sourcehttp://newsinfo.inqu...taring-at-5-men
An incident of a similar nature occured to a family I know involving the shooting and death of their love one involving an off duty security guard. The victim was a 30 old Filipino male was with his family and was confronted by an off duty security guards, words were exchanged by the two men. After a few minutes, the off duty security guard with 3 other of his friends ganged up on the victim resulting in gun play where the victim was shot in stomach in front of the victim's family and died on the spot in his wife's arms! So you see, it can happen anywhere at any time. The off duty security guard gave himself up to authorities and his accomplices were also caught later and now serving jail time! Sad but true and all this happened in an upscale business area in Tagaytay! It was never mentioned in the local news that I know of! Edited by Art & Jho

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Ahhhh, now you get the point that I have always been trying to make
Some times I wish I kept my mouth shut bash.gifmocking.gif
Us too. SugarwareZ-011.gif