Uk Satellite Tv Reception?

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Hi,I am emigrating to Philippines during this year, 2010, and I'm enquiring regarding satellite TV reception in Philippines.UK 'Freesat' comes from the same satellite as Sky TV, if I were to bring my freesat box and a reasonable sized dish does anyone know if I will successfully pick up British TV via Freesat?ThanksPF

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hi,I am emigrating to Philippines during this year, 2010, and I'm enquiring regarding satellite TV reception in Philippines.UK 'Freesat' comes from the same satellite as Sky TV, if I were to bring my freesat box and a reasonable sized dish does anyone know if I will successfully pick up British TV via Freesat?ThanksPF
Hi Very much doubt it. I took my PAL system (UK) LCD and DVD payer and use it in PI for films and "home" Video and DVD.I bought a NTSC ?? local TV/DVD for family use. My UK setup gets most use as PI TV is not to my taste.Tom 3_8_14[1].gif

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

What I'm actually talking about is bringing a satellite dish and associated digi box, I can buy the TV etc. in Phils.I've got a satellite meter to align the dish, by trial and error, with the satellite but I'm concerned that with everything set up I might still not receive satellite reception, I cannot see why not because the entire earth is all a similar distance from the satellite but I don't fully understand this jiggery pokery. :)I guess I'm looking for a Brit who has tried with Freesat in Phils and if successful or not.Thanks

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I do not know the exact answer to your question but satellites are geostationary over the countries they provide service to, so if a dish is line of site to the satellite you wish to view, then it can work and if not then it will not work.

Matt
Posted
Posted

I do not think your satelite will work over here, because Sky Digital is transmitted on SES Astra satellites located at 28.2

post-388-12661148719838_thumb.jpg

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted

Thanks Matt,I'll investigate the options that you've suggested ..... meanwhile I'll list my Freesat box on Ebay :)PF

Phileas Fogg
Posted
Posted (edited)

Matt ..... or any Brit in Phils,Might someone try to view UK TV via this link, just enter the the BBC, C4 etc. URL in to the box and go:http://www.seomysite.co.uk/free-uk-proxy-server/If the link doesn't paste then here it is in longhand:www.seomysite.co.uk/free-uk-proxy-server

Edited by Phileas Fogg

Matt
Posted
Posted

Hi Phileas Fogg, I have tried that site out for you over here, on both BBCI player and ITV.com and on each occasion it tells me that i need to enable Java, on both IE7 and Firefox. When i checked to see if they were enabled they were indeed enabled so i am a little confused why it is asking me to still enable it. I will spend a little more time trying to see if i can work it out, but this is the type of site you will need to watch UK TV over here, as you will be using an IP address from the UK. I will be back tomorrow if i can work it out or not. Matt.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Hi Phileas Fogg, I have tried that site out for you over here, on both BBCI player and ITV.com and on each occasion it tells me that i need to enable Java, on both IE7 and Firefox. When i checked to see if they were enabled they were indeed enabled so i am a little confused why it is asking me to still enable it. I will spend a little more time trying to see if i can work it out, but this is the type of site you will need to watch UK TV over here, as you will be using an IP address from the UK. I will be back tomorrow if i can work it out or not. Matt.
Attached ScreenShot is what I get??.

post-688-12664926686773_thumb.png

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Attached ScreenShot is what I get??.
HowdyI can see in the screen shot the URL is not correct,this is it, http://www.seomysite.co.uk/free-uk-proxy-server/