Important - New Policy At Boi

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I agree 100% with The Mason

UZI
Posted
Posted
The fun of Visa Renewal....Well considering I have always Balikbayan visa in the past and this time I entered Philippines without my wife I had to pay these fees every 2 months and sh&t it adds up quickly ..They have a fee for everything.They even have fees on fees ...lolA friend of mine enterst the country with his filipina and she puts 1000 peso inside the passport and get a Balikbayan visa stamp for him.Wish I would of done this ...As to them adding this ACR card well its just another way for them to get more pesos!The one I like though is the Quick Processing fee. Now that is the biggest scam of all. It should be automatic that you get all down in one trip.No other country has this set up for foreigners to renew every 60 days. PURE BULsh&t!Warlord
I completely agree with you that it is PURE BULLsh&t. They should refuse to renew people on a tourist visa beyond 60 days. If you want to remain in country longer than that, get a permanent resident visa. You can easily do it if you have ties to the Philippines (spouse or retirement home) or have a vested interest in the country (employment visa, or investors visa). There are very few countries with visa regulations as lax and easy to work with as the Philippines. Rather than bitching about the fees, you should be thankful you can stay here almost indefinitely as a tourist.
:agree: Well said SugarwareZ-003.gif:thumbs-up-smile:

UZI
Posted
Posted (edited)
The fun of Visa Renewal....Well considering I have always Balikbayan visa in the past and this time I entered Philippines without my wife I had to pay these fees every 2 months and sh&t it adds up quickly ..They have a fee for everything.They even have fees on fees ...lolA friend of mine enterst the country with his filipina and she puts 1000 peso inside the passport and get a Balikbayan visa stamp for him.Wish I would of done this ...As to them adding this ACR card well its just another way for them to get more pesos!The one I like though is the Quick Processing fee. Now that is the biggest scam of all. It should be automatic that you get all down in one trip.No other country has this set up for foreigners to renew every 60 days. PURE BULsh&t!Warlord
I completely agree with you that it is PURE BULLsh&t. They should refuse to renew people on a tourist visa beyond 60 days. If you want to remain in country longer than that, get a permanent resident visa. You can easily do it if you have ties to the Philippines (spouse or retirement home) or have a vested interest in the country (employment visa, or investors visa). There are very few countries with visa regulations as lax and easy to work with as the Philippines. Rather than bitching about the fees, you should be thankful you can stay here almost indefinitely as a tourist.
Ok...1st of all......please don't shoot the messenger. I have just been made aware of this & don't know anymore about what it does or does not mean.From the BI Website under 'Immigration Fees' is this (Note the bit in RED) BTW, total fees only due to formatting issues:
ALIENS ADMITTED AS TOURIST VISA (9a 59 days) - all aliens who will stay for more than 59 days are required to register with the following fees: ADULT................MINOR 3,290.00 .......... ..2,040.00 - maximum extension for restricted nationals is one (1) month up to six (6) months only (for all expired visa, the updating fees for the payment of express fee will based in the number of months of extension)- for non-restricted nationals is two (2) months up to one (1) year (for all expired visa, the updating fee of express if every two months)- aliens who will stay for more than six (6) months are required to pay CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE TEMPORARY VISITOR in the amount of P 1,400.00.
Is this saying that tourist (9a) can now only stay up to a maximum of 1 year?Any thoughts peeps?UZI Edited by UZI

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Uzi it sure does appear to say that but I am pretty sure it was just written incorrectly. Maybe Paul ancienrocka can check into it for us. Philippines BI Fees ALIENS ADMITTED AS TOURIST VISA (9a 59 days) - all aliens who will stay for more than 59 days are required to register with the following fees: ADULT MINOR Application 300.00 300.00 Extension 500.00 500.00 Alien Certificate of Registration(ACR) 1,000.00 500.00 Exit Clearance (ECC) 700.00 200.00 Legal 40.00 40.00 2,790.00 1,540.00 500.00 500.00 Express 3,290.00 2,040.00 - maximum extension for restricted nationals is one (1) month up to six (6) months only (for all expired visa, the updating fees for the payment of express fee will based in the number of months of extension)- for non-restricted nationals is two (2) months up to one (1) year (for all expired visa, the updating fee of express if every two months)- aliens who will stay for more than six (6) months are required to pay CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE TEMPORARY VISITOR in the amount of P 1,400.00.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Uzi it sure does appear to say that but I am pretty sure it was just written incorrectly. Maybe Paul ancienrocka can check into it for us. Philippines BI Fees ALIENS ADMITTED AS TOURIST VISA (9a 59 days) - all aliens who will stay for more than 59 days are required to register with the following fees: ADULT MINOR Application 300.00 300.00 Extension 500.00 500.00 Alien Certificate of Registration(ACR) 1,000.00 500.00 Exit Clearance (ECC) 700.00 200.00 Legal 40.00 40.00 2,790.00 1,540.00 500.00 500.00 Express 3,290.00 2,040.00 - maximum extension for restricted nationals is one (1) month up to six (6) months only (for all expired visa, the updating fees for the payment of express fee will based in the number of months of extension)- for non-restricted nationals is two (2) months up to one (1) year (for all expired visa, the updating fee of express if every two months)- aliens who will stay for more than six (6) months are required to pay CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE TEMPORARY VISITOR in the amount of P 1,400.00.
Hi Lee,None of the information makes any sense to me - it doesn't tie in with what I know - not saying it's wrong, they may have changed things since I was last there!I will be going to BoI next week so will try to get a clarification.Paul

TheMason
Posted
Posted
When I first came to live here, I was on a 9a visa. When I exceeded my 59 day stay, I had to extend it just like everyone else. These fees are just talking about the costs for the specific case of extending a 9a visa beyond the intial 59 day stay. If you came in on a the 21-day visa waiver, these fees are irrelevant. It's been a while, but this looks to be in line with what I paid for my 9a extension. I only had to extend once while waiting for my 13a to be approved.

UZI
Posted
Posted
When I first came to live here, I was on a 9a visa. When I exceeded my 59 day stay, I had to extend it just like everyone else. These fees are just talking about the costs for the specific case of extending a 9a visa beyond the intial 59 day stay. If you came in on a the 21-day visa waiver, these fees are irrelevant. It's been a while, but this looks to be in line with what I paid for my 9a extension. I only had to extend once while waiting for my 13a to be approved.
The question at hand is - for non-restricted nationals is two (2) months up to one (1) year

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Thing with the Visas is give it a few days to filter down. My 13(a) has been processed and hiked up in price 714_full_of_crap.gif cant really complain as I have no choice in the matter. Doesnt mean I am happy about it either. But my point is a lot of things keep changing.. and no doubt after the election it will be some other alteration for better or worse. According to the attorney dealing with my case its going to cost around P13k for my 13(a) due to new requirements. We called someone we know within BIR who deals with another sector and its coming up the same. I will be making sure I get a VALID receipt for it all mind.. But just be aware not everything is rosie in immigration as usual.

Markham
Posted
Posted
I am tad surprised to read that! The Mason is advocating that no visitor can stay in the Philippines longer than 60 days. As someone whose business is catering to those who are too busy/lazy to do their own Extensions, are you sure you should be agreeing with that suggestion? ;)Mark

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am tad surprised to read that! The Mason is advocating that no visitor can stay in the Philippines longer than 60 days. As someone whose business is catering to those who are too busy/lazy to do their own Extensions, are you sure you should be agreeing with that suggestion? ;)Mark
Rewind!!!I agree with the Mason 47.5%.Paul Edited by ancienrocka