Power Update

retired
Posted
Posted

Just wondering what the current situation was there in Cebu regarding "brown outs" . Here in northern Mindanao outages are still daily and vary from your location in Mindanao . Some are having 8 hrs + while here in Cagayan de Oro the "schedule" is 5 hrs per day with no loss on Sundays . Some days there are no outages , at least in our area , and some areas in the city considered affluent are said to have had no outages for 9 days or so though i have no verification of that . :-)Either way , i suspect things will get more interesting between now and rainy season and if the powers that be go forward with the plan to buy/rent power on a temporary basis and my monthly bill equals my rent i may be looking for a place to "visit" outside Mindanao . :-)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just wondering what the current situation was there in Cebu regarding "brown outs" . Here in northern Mindanao outages are still daily and vary from your location in Mindanao . Some are having 8 hrs + while here in Cagayan de Oro the "schedule" is 5 hrs per day with no loss on Sundays . Some days there are no outages , at least in our area , and some areas in the city considered affluent are said to have had no outages for 9 days or so though i have no verification of that . :-)Either way , i suspect things will get more interesting between now and rainy season and if the powers that be go forward with the plan to buy/rent power on a temporary basis and my monthly bill equals my rent i may be looking for a place to "visit" outside Mindanao . :-)
About a week ago we were at SM and the power kept going off in different areas but not for long,don't know if there was a problem or saving power. Other than that I have not heard of any outages.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We have been back here now for about a month and a half and the power went out a few times during the first few weeks and then not again until a week or so ago

retired
Posted
Posted
We have been back here now for about a month and a half and the power went out a few times during the first few weeks and then not again until a week or so ago once when Boss Man was at our condo, but I believe that one was due to the big fire in Mandaue and was just for a little over an hour, yet we were also at SM with Boss Man, Volstateguy, Frank, Abaca1 and his wife when the power kept going on and off and I suspect that was because they are power sharing with their generators, as most large businesses had promised to do to help ease the power problem, so all in all the power in our area of Cebu has been acceptable and out much less than we expected it to be based on the Veco emails that we have received which predicted daily outages.So Alan, it is long overdue that you and family move to Cebu so we can hang out more often when we are here. :cheersty: :551:
It's been discussed and will continue to be but from what i read in on - line articles it may be about making a choice of a lack of power in CDO versus a lack of water in Cebu ? :-)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We have been back here now for about a month and a half and the power went out a few times during the first few weeks and then not again until a week or so ago once when Boss Man was at our condo, but I believe that one was due to the big fire in Mandaue and was just for a little over an hour, yet we were also at SM with Boss Man, Volstateguy, Frank, Abaca1 and his wife when the power kept going on and off and I suspect that was because they are power sharing with their generators, as most large businesses had promised to do to help ease the power problem, so all in all the power in our area of Cebu has been acceptable and out much less than we expected it to be based on the Veco emails that we have received which predicted daily outages.So Alan, it is long overdue that you and family move to Cebu so we can hang out more often when we are here. :cheersty: :wt-hell:
It's been discussed and will continue to be but from what i read in on - line articles it may be about making a choice of a lack of power in CDO versus a lack of water in Cebu ? :-)
The last thing I read was that the whole Philippines seems to be lacking water but they said Cebu has enough water, but you know how they all seem to tell tales, so if you do not get some rain soon, my guess is that you will be lacking water and power and there are no guarantees that Cebu will have water but since it appears to be the number one tourist destination and since they were talking salt water desalination then only time will tell, but I doubt they would let Cebu run out of water and take a chance of losing revenue. No place in the Philippines seems to be perfect, so a lot of thought will have to go into your possible move.

retired
Posted
Posted

Got me there though i do wonder why there isn't more desalinization talk .

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Got me there though i do wonder why there isn't more desalinization talk .
Here is one story I was taking about Alan, you will note that CDO is also listed as a problem besides Cebu and others, so it looks like you may be out water and power if they know what they are talking about.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

We were getting hammered everyday for a couple of weeks, but the last two weeks we have had consistent power here in Surigao City. Hope it stays this way and the 12-14 hour daily brownouts do not start back up again.

retired
Posted
Posted

Here is a solution to the current power crisis in Mindanao - just export everybody to the Middle East . :-)http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/regions/view/20100324-260622/More-people-seen-leaving-Mindanao-due-to-drought-brownouts

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Here is a solution to the current power crisis in Mindanao - just export everybody to the Middle East . :-)http://newsinfo.inqu...ought-brownouts
They've been trying that for years, but they keep popping out kids faster than they can export them.