Why Did You Come To Live In The Philippines???

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted
I guess I have a little bit of a different story than Gold Heart. My wife who is Bisaya and from Mindanao and Cebu wishes to live in the Philippines and after much consideration of places, we picked Cebu for now. You see, it is I who does not wish to give up my lifelong friends in the states but also love it here in the Philippines and I love the respect that I seem to get while here, and I would be lying if I told you that I do not enjoy the girls flirting with me all the time and often smiling directly at me and trying to catch my eye, but since I would never cheat on my wife, it is more about the good feeling of being wanted, rather than the feeling or need to fool around. You see guys, I have been there and done that during my pre-marriage to my first wife and during my interim term before marrying my current and hopefully final wife (God willing), so while some women bend different ways and one women will be better at one thing and worse at another, what really counts first to me is being close friends with my woman and then all other things fall into place. Now with that said, I have found that many of those other things often do not fall into place when there is no commitment which might explain how some others may feel differently than I do.Many guys tell me how jealous their gf's are and I fully understand why, because until they have you locked in, there are way too many beautiful women in these Philippines flirting with us, for any lady to be totally comfortable. Now I am not telling you that marriage to the wrong woman will work, but I am telling you that marriage to the right woman who is self confident will solve many of those issues. If a woman knows she has you and knows how to keep you happy, then she is no longer that jealous or my wife would never wish to live in the Philippines because ladies flirt with me even when she is with me, so she has to be comfortable knowing I am hers and hers alone.Now did she get a bargain, no way but she did get me totally except for my roving eyes which likes to admire the many other beauties around me at times. SugarwareZ-007.gifLife is all about what a person makes it and it would seem to me that most older people in the Philippines stay home and do not go out to the malls or restaurants, thus making walking around a view of paradise and beauty, and those beauties often appreciate us, unlike how we are treated in our home countries.I would be lying if I said that I am happy with the US and where it has been heading for many years, but since I still have friends there, I guess we will continue to enjoy both places for a year or two or three or? and we are taking life one day at a time and at any time in the future the Philippines may become our only home or we may just keep doing what we are doing and it that makes my wife and I happy doing it because we now have the best of both worlds and a way to escape the hustle and bs that I feel the US has become. So why do I like the Philippines, because my wife loves it here even though she is a US citizen, mainly because of the closeness one feels from friends and family and even those around us. Make a new friend here or even a person you just smile at and those friends and smile buddies give off vibes and warmth that can be felt more here in the Philippines than back in the US, because it seem many people in the US try to keep their distance for fear you might want something from them, and beyond that I really do not know how else to explain it all. The Philippines can be paradise for a person who tries to see the good in things here, yet can be balanced in their views of the bad things in not only the Philippines but also in their home countries.
thumbs-up-smile.gif Excellent Mr LEE AddEmoticons04230.gif thank you.UK Tom
I am so jealous of you guys who have these great relationships. I hope one day when I grow up, I can have that also... You go Mr. Lee and keep it up. AddEmoticons04230.gif

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
If a woman knows she has you and knows how to keep you happy, then she is no longer that jealous or my wife would never wish to live in the Philippines because ladies flirt with me even when she is with me, so she has to be comfortable knowing I am hers and hers alone.Now did she get a bargain, no way but she did get me totally except for my roving eyes which likes to admire the many other beauties around me at times. SugarwareZ-007.gif
I think you hit on my wife is likely less accepting and comfortable living here. Asside from being very comfortable in the US, having the opportunity to work, in a beautiful area, and in her dream home. Although, I don't get the attention that others might because I'm most often mistaken for Filipino, temptations are presented and my wife knows it. There may have been an occasion or two that she caught my wondering glance. (You are right sometimes it is hard to avoid) She also knows about the accessibility should one want to fulfill there interests-- women are available in numbers. She also knows the many stories of other expat/ Western husbands who have drifted away from their wives or girl friends for another. In fact she shared a story that was in the local news of one girlfriend of an American killing his other out of jealousy. http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=566674&publicationSubCategoryId=107 Finally, they also know that men having second relationships or mistresses here is quite common and in some circles accepted -- not so in the US. I think that makes her less comfortable living here. I think this has something to do with her preference for the US. With the recent fall of sports heros, politicians and relgious leaders -- I guess it could happen to anyone.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am so jealous of you guys who have these great relationships. I hope one day when I grow up, I can have that also... You go Mr. Lee and keep it up. AddEmoticons04230.gif
Now that may be the only problem as I grow older. :thumbs-up-smile: SugarwareZ-004.gif :565: :( :( Not!!!! :yes:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The reason I came to live in the Philippines is because...:17403: :728: stuff it,I was dreaming again :signnvm: :(

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thought I would ask everyone why they come to live in The Philippines. OR Why they are wanting to come to live in The Philippines. You hear alot of this and lot of that, and some people criticize others for the things they do here. So thought it would be interesting to see why you come here to live.......Mine is simpleI come here for the girls, i stay for the girl, i love the nightlife, i am considered rich, i get respect, i can pay my way out of trouble, cheaper place to live, even when i get old and ugly ( already there) the girls will still smile and flirt with me. If i said anything else, i would be a hypocrite and a lier.... So how about you, why did you come??? or why do you want to come and live in the Philippines.???no.gif
Perhaps it seemed like a good idea to leave "home"???? ASAP wosautos121.gif Bye MOM!! Scarey?? <--Click hereUK Tom Edited by Singers

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I've been meaning to post here for a couple days, but work keeps getting in the way.I'm not living in Cebu yet, but that is an option that I've been considering once I retire. The reasons I've looked at Cebu for retirement is the same as many I suppose. Firstly the cost of living...my military pension will stretch a long way there, so I can easily live on it. I don't need an extravagant lifestyle, just something simple. Living in the states would definitely require me to work another 20 years before retirement and honestly that option doesn't sound very attractive Another reason is the warm weather all year round. The beaches is another reason, sure I know you have to travel a bit to get to a decent beach, but that's ok, as it will give me an excuse to get out and explore the different islands. Also I find the laid-back, slower lifestyle attractive. Since joining the Air Force life has been at 100 miles an hour for the last 18 years, and the pace of life in the states seems just as hectic. I'm ready to slow down and enjoy life. And of course there are all the pretty ladies....I'd be lying if I said that didn't attract me also. You can go anywhere without seeing lots of pretty ladies. However, since I've met and became engaged to the most gwapa lady, and not to mention sweetest lady I've ever met, I'm not concerned with any other ladies....It's all the previous reasons I've listed that will have me living in Cebu in a few short years.