jeeps

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
As I am looking at buying a NEW JEEP Wrangler for PI use.
Where are you going to buy that new Jeep Wrangler... if not somewhere in the RP, how much are you prepared to pay to import it?

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I was talking about a Jeepney Tom...sorry...and the diesel that makes me cough my arse off having to get anywhere. Being I am a bit far off from the City, cab rides are saved for return shopping trips. But I had a Wrangler, soft top that I bought new when I was a younger man. They are crap made, and after some knuckleheads ripped the top off as it was parked at a train station, and stole my stereo and the top...I traded it in for a nice commute car. My ex son in law is a big Jeep guy, but he is an off road fanatic...spends as much time fixing that thing as I did my Harley. :thumbsup:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Where are you going to buy that new Jeep Wrangler... if not somewhere in the RP, how much are you prepared to pay to import it?
Awaiting further info. from contact. Military Jeep made in N. Africa. Toughened?? consumer model and IMO capable of long service in PI. No Frilly & prissy bits for soft Redneck Atty's though??? :thumbsup: (couldn't resist) SugarwareZ-007.gif:cheersty:PS This WOULD suit your "Pampered Posterior" PI WebSite and TOUGH as they come - with luxury....?? -- CLICK LINK -->Texas Tom's PI TRUCK?

post-688-12717553504198_thumb.jpg

post-688-12717553794326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted
I was talking about a Jeepney Tom...sorry...and the diesel that makes me cough my arse off having to get anywhere. Being I am a bit far off from the City, cab rides are saved for return shopping trips. But I had a Wrangler, soft top that I bought new when I was a younger man. They are crap made, and after some knuckleheads ripped the top off as it was parked at a train station, and stole my stereo and the top...I traded it in for a nice commute car. My ex son in law is a big Jeep guy, but he is an off road fanatic...spends as much time fixing that thing as I did my Harley. :thumbsup:
Thanks Inspector,Jeep has a poor reputation in UK. However I was looking more at the PI environment and "Local" repairs. UK car reviews are based on speed and comfort with roadholding ability No. 1 as most drivers race from A to B and a slow driver/Learner will often get nudged out of the way!.Our PI home is in the Boondocks and the nearest small town is 15 minutes and I can see the vehicle I get as a farm vehicle. No problem there but that is why I looked at Jeep or similar to take rough treatment.Many thanks,UK Tom

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
More info...Egypt JEEPBRITISH version?ARMY TJLUK Tom Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)

FIN.... Tom in Texass...Manila Wrangler TJL dealerConsumer model Wrangler PIUK Tom

post-688-12717611776588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted (edited)
PS This WOULD suit your "Pampered Posterior" PI WebSite and TOUGH as they come - with luxury....?? -- CLICK LINK -->Texas Tom's PI TRUCK?
Thanks UK Tom... all I will have to do is add some extra-padded Corinthian leather contour seats, a between the seats refrigerated bar, and possibly a small air-conditioned sleeping berth in the back for short naps on long trips... and this will be the perfect PI vehicle for me. cheersty.gif17403.gif
And... thanks again..... I really did not know they sold new jeeps in the PI... I'll swing buy and take you for a spin (cold one from the in-vehicle bar on me) once the above modifications are completed. PS... of course, no disagreeable political opinions are allowed inside the vehicle... you can, however, perch on the front fender and say anything you want... (but, watch out for those sudden stops.) wosautos121.gifTom in Texas Edited by Mr. Lee
repair quotes

johnb
Posted
Posted
PS This WOULD suit your "Pampered Posterior" PI WebSite and TOUGH as they come - with luxury....?? -- CLICK LINK -->Texas Tom's PI TRUCK?
Thanks UK Tom... all I will have to do is add some extra-padded Corinthian leather contour seats, a between the seats refrigerated bar, and possibly a small air-conditioned sleeping berth in the back for short naps on long trips... and this will be the perfect PI vehicle for me. cheersty.gif17403.gif
And... thanks again..... I really did not know they sold new jeeps in the PI... I'll swing buy and take you for a spin (cold one from the in-vehicle bar on me) once the above modifications are completed. PS... of course, no disagreeable political opinions are allowed inside the vehicle... you can, however, perch on the front fender and say anything you want... (but, watch out for those sudden stops.) wosautos121.gifTom in Texas
Ok this might not be exactly what you have in mind, but the Cal. 30 should help with parking disputes, traffic jams and bullying Ceres Buses SugarwareZ-011.gif107778_2008121823.jpghttp://www.cebuclassifieds.com/detail.php?id=107778John

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
And... thanks again..... I really did not know they sold new jeeps in the PI... I'll swing buy and take you for a spin (cold one from the in-vehicle bar on me) once the above modifications are completed. PS... of course, no disagreeable political opinions are allowed inside the vehicle... you can, however, perch on the front fender and say anything you want... (but, watch out for those sudden stops.) wosautos121.gifTom in Texas
As expected of an Atty ambulance chaser -- if not "touting" for business actively creating it!.I thing the Jeep is an eminently suitable Vehicle for PI conditions as evidenced by Jeepney's and Land Rover is not available.The Merc would be my choice but way too ostentatious and "targetable" in PI. Using the "blend in" security maxim (and why Prince Phillip can drive about London un-noticed .... HE drived a Black London Taxi ...) THE JEEP wins. AAaah the good ol' US of A.....A "cold one" in your leather clad "PimpMobile" is an acceptable fee. My pleasure providing the info.UK Tom :th_thbestpost: Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ok this might not be exactly what you have in mind, but the Cal. 30 should help with parking disputes, traffic jams and bullying Ceres Buses SugarwareZ-011.gif107778_2008121823.jpghttp://www.cebuclass...l.php?id=107778John
Hi John,A GREAT extra feature. Put me down for one SugarwareZ-011.gifCheers mate -- "Fish and chips" again in UK so I hope you do not have a long wait for your UK flight.Kind regards,Tom Edited by Singers