Was Not Shocked At All

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, I was not shocked at all. It was just another normal story that I have heard many times. A friend of mine has a multi cab business. ( By the way, which I tried and tried not to get him to do, but a long black haired, black eye beauty was much more convincing then me.) He's been waiting for a multi cab to be repaired for such a long time. Said they would have it done two weeks ago, and of course its still not finished. He told me finally they said it would be finished. They had just put new tires on it, and it was ready to go. They had used oversize ( larger than orginal ) tires to help carry the load of the passengers. ( That was their story )So on the first day of use, they was a big problem. When it was loaded with passengers,, the tire well,, would rub on top of the oversize tires. So he was very dissapointed. He took it back and told the person the problem. They said no problem, we can fix that. So not knowing about those type of things, or even asking the price, he said ok fix it..... ( He told me in his mind, it was so simple that he never thought of telling them what to do.) Well the next day he called for his multi cab. They said oh sir, It will be three more days before we can complete this. Lot of work to do.. He said, huh... how much work could it be to change tires...... Well here's what had happen...He went to look, and they did not change the tires to a smaller size, they had taken a cutting torch and cut out the fender well and was making the hole bigger...... SugarwareZ-037.gif He said NO, NO, NO not that.... I wont pay for that. They said well its too late, you have to have it all welded back and re painted, and all those things. If you want someone else to do it, then pay us for what we done and take it out... SugarwareZ-002.gif Make a long story short, he paid, it cost him about P 20,000 ( they said they give big discount because they felt pity for him ) SugarwareZ-011.gif So now he has a multi cab, with a really funny looking rear tire wheel well. Oh well ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES th_fluch.gif

Edited by cebuexpat

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah....they saw him coming a mile (or lkilometer) off. My wife suggested a few weeks back that we open an Internet cafe that her family can run once we go back to the US. I said no thanks. I'd rather just give them the money 10k at a time over 2-3 years rather than blow it all at once. Its less stressful that way too.

Edited by TheMason

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted
Yeah....they saw him coming a mile (or lkilometer) off. My wife suggested a few weeks back that we open an Internet cafe that her family can run once we go back to the US. I said no thanks. I'd rather just give them the money 10k at a time over 2-3 years rather than blow it all at once. Its less stressful that way too.
The part that really make me wonder. Did they really think that was the best way to fix it, or they did not think about putting the orginal tire size back on, or they was just purpose trying to make more work. For us that answer is simple. But they really might have thought that was the only way to fix it... God only knows......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The part that really make me wonder. Did they really think that was the best way to fix it, or they did not think about putting the orginal tire size back on, or they was just purpose trying to make more work. For us that answer is simple. But they really might have thought that was the only way to fix it... God only knows......
Well I guess that since they put oversize tires on to carry the load then its not really a good thing just to take them off so maybe it would be better to do the work needed to fix the problem and still be able to carry the load.Of course I don't know if it was necessary for the bigger tires in the first place but if it was then yes, do it but maybe it should have been the springs rather than tires.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ever since buying a 1979 Toyota Corolla in 1999 for P45,000 and prior to having it restored inside and out, I got with the owner of the repair shop and went item by item what I wanted done, no more no less as to what I wanted done! 4 months later and all the work was done, I was pleased with the outcome and the price was reasonable at P40,000! As of today, I still have my "Little Red" Toyota and she's still running good! I'm ready to get another vehicle the end of the year, but I'm still going to keep my "Little Red"! post-682-12718613937314_thumb.jpgpost-682-12718614269324_thumb.jpgpost-682-12718614643507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pinoy Art

softail
Posted
Posted
Well I guess that since they put oversize tires on to carry the load then its not really a good thing just to take them off so maybe it would be better to do the work needed to fix the problem and still be able to carry the load.Of course I don't know if it was necessary for the bigger tires in the first place but if it was then yes, do it but maybe it should have been the springs rather than tires.
The problem wasn

Jake
Posted
Posted
Ever since buying a 1979 Toyota Corolla in 1999 for P45,000 and prior to having it restored inside and out, I got with the owner of the repair shop and went item by item what I wanted done, no more no less as to what I wanted done! 4 months later and all the work was done, I was pleased with the outcome and the price was reasonable at P40,000! As of today, I still have my "Little Red" Toyota and she's still running good! I'm ready to get another vehicle the end of the year, but I'm still going to keep my "Little Red"! post-682-12718613937314_thumb.jpgpost-682-12718614269324_thumb.jpgpost-682-12718614643507_thumb.jpg
Hey Art,Very nice Little Red Toy you have there. Has it been "blessed"? You know,Judy and I can come over and "bless" your back seat for you. Respectfully -- short stroke Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hey Art,Very nice Little Red Toy you have there. Has it been "blessed"? You know,Judy and I can come over and "bless" your back seat for you. Respectfully -- short stroke Jake
Jake,It's a little cramp in the back seats! The front seats recline though! I bought my "Little Red '79 Toy" in Olongapo in 1999! SugarwareZ-003.gif23_11_60[2].gif13_4_10[1].gifArt

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well, I was not shocked at all. It was just another normal story that I have heard many times. A friend of mine has a multi cab business. ( By the way, which I tried and tried not to get him to do, but a long black haired, black eye beauty was much more convincing then me.)
Hello Cebuexpat,I'm sorry to hear about your friend's predicament. Sometimes, Filipino ingenuity extends to monkey business as well. I hope your friend learned some valuable lessons including being enticed by a "long black haired, black eye beauty". Although, I would probably be mesmerized by her beauty and would fall in love rather than falling in lust.Respectfully -- Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted

A multi-cab will carry a lot of people with just standard tires. Just avoid Chinese inner tubes..