Best Bootleg Movies?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just saw this thread and I want to add, I don't bother to connect my computer to the TV. When the movie is downloaded I transfer it to a USB flashdrive. Assuming you have a DVD connected to your TV then look to see if it has a USB slot. All of mine do. Plug the USB with the movie into the DVD and watch it.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I just saw this thread and I want to add, I don't bother to connect my computer to the TV. When the movie is downloaded I transfer it to a USB flashdrive. Assuming you have a DVD connected to your TV then look to see if it has a USB slot. All of mine do. Plug the USB with the movie into the DVD and watch it.
Will the PS3 work with this method? I just had a bunch of adapters and wires/cables sent down in one of my boxes, ready to make my mac recognize the LCD as a monitor and download movies to iTunes, and bring it to the TV in high def. :89:It's going to take me 3 weeks for that I am sure. :508:Your way sounds much easier. :)

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

My desk top and 20" monitor sits at the foot of our bed, I have at least a dozen movies at any given time on my hard drive I downloaded from my favorite movie torrent website, which is one of the best torrent website out there! Eventually when I get a big screen, I'll be able to connect my PC to it and enjoy my movies more! I haven't bought or rented any movies ever since I got my PC setup to download from my favorite movie torrent website! They are also coming out with a lot of blu-Ray movie formats, but I don't bother because the files are huge from 5 to 30 Gigs and takes too long to download unless one has a fast DSL speed of at least 5 to 10 Mb/s! My 1 Mb/s PLDT DSL connection works just fine for me when just downloading movie torrents from 500MB to 900MB files in DVD quality. You won't be disappointed with this website: Category page - http://www.kickasstorrents.com/browse/ Movie List - http://www.kickasstorrents.com/movies/

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Will the PS3 work with this method? I just had a bunch of adapters and wires/cables sent down in one of my boxes, ready to make my mac recognize the LCD as a monitor and download movies to iTunes, and bring it to the TV in high def. :89:It's going to take me 3 weeks for that I am sure. :508:Your way sounds much easier. :)
My way is very easy but I am not a computer guru so I suggest you just try it to see if it works as well for you as it does for me. I can tell you that I have the best result with a 1 GB flashdrive (as in better quality playback than using a 2GB or larger flashdrive) and they only cost a few hundred pesos so give it a try. As long as there is somewhere to plug in the flashdrive there is a good chance it will work.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Coping movies on a flash drive wouldn't be practical if just one movie download exceeds 1 gig or more, because there are files 5 to 40 gigs! Better to use an external hard drive with the capacity of 80 gigs or more, then you can save your favorite movies for future viewing!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Coping movies on a flash drive wouldn't be practical if just one movie download exceeds 1 gig or more, because there are files 5 to 40 gigs! Better to use an external hard drive with the capacity of 80 gigs or more, then you can save your favorite movies for future viewing!
You are correct, of course. For me to download movies in the Philippines it takes so long that I don't bother downloading movies of more than 1 gig. It takes forever. Therefore I don't have the practicality problem you mention. And I like the fact that I can watch a movie on my flash drive, loan it to my neighbor, then erase it and put another movie on it. Its faster than burning it to a DVD and I no longer have a ton of DVDs sitting around that I never will watch again.It may interest you to know, I am downloading a movie from that site you recommended as I write this. The size of the file is 699 mb and it says it will take 2 days and 11 hours to download. It tends to speed up in the middle of the night so I know that in reality it will be finished by the time I wake up tomorrow.I could attach my computer to the TV but it seems to me I would need a very long cable or put the computer way up close to the TV. Neither option appeals to me but, as I mentioned, I am not a computer guru so there may be a better way?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's OK if you're satisfied just copying one movie at a time on your flash drive since you have a USB on your DVD player or flat screen TV. Yeah, I don't really know why some movies takes longer than others, I think it all depends how many people are seeding on-line, but more the merrier! I use the uTorrent downloader, it seems to be faster in downloading torrent files. BitTorrent comes in 2nd and Vuze comes in 3rd place IMO! www.kickasstorrent.com is the main website I always use, but whenever it's down for maintenance you can also try http://thepiratebay.org/top or http://www.seedpeer.com/, they work just as well!

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just want to mention that downloading copyrighted material is illegal and organizations like the The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) have successfully sued individuals for many thousands of dollars, although they usually take settlements of a few thousand. The ISPs also monitor for bittorrent downloading because it's bandwidth-intensive. If I were to do I would use a proxy server, and err on the side of caution although nothing is completely safe.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have a large thing my brother bought, that has that crab looking blue thing that hooks into the back of the monitor with a usb into the computer and an extension to a circular plug with a bunch of pointy things that plug into our very old tv.... My brother bought it. Works like a charm. We always watch on our large... with ass.... Tv..... it's got some junk in the trunk if you know what i mean. I love downloading off of http://www.btjunkie.comUse utorrent as a downloader... I used to use (as FilAm mentiohttp://www.torrentpond.coma lot, since it can link to a lot of other sites... but the new format has thown me off after two months in the Pinnes without internet until recently.

Edited by Boss Man
tried to fix links

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's some info about this website if one is concerned about the legality of downloading from their site.http://www.kickasstorrents.com/about/Even though we are not a tracker and do not host any torrent files, we understand the possibility of copyright infringements through the use of our website and therefore our team is completely against piracy! Personally we support our favorite artists, developers and companies by purchasing their products and call for all concerned users to do so! Nevertheless we also see the current issues with global copyright laws and stand for any changes that will leave to a better understanding between p2p users and copyright owners.KickassTorrents.com is built using:Nginx web server Sphinx fulltext indexer MySQL databasePrivacy policyYour PrivacyWe respect your privacy and we are committed to protect it. We don’t sell, share, and show your personal information without your prior permission or written consent or unless required by law. We never collect any information about you except those specifically provided by you or limited information that the browser made available when you visited our site, for example, the IP address while you are on the site, visiting time, the link clicked, the browser type, and cookies.Third Party WebsitesWe cooperate with third-party companies even when you visit our site. We need these companies to provide us with some site audience and visits details, and they may see and use information about your visits. It bears no relation to your personal data, such as your name, email address or telephone number.Third Party CookiesWe use cookies to store your choices and preferences.Privacy Policy ChangesWe have all rights to change, alter or modify our privacy policy at any time without prior notice. We will immediately post changes on this page and let you get acquainted with them.Content RemovalWe want you to know that we do not have any copyrighted or illegal content on Kickasstorrents.com. The torrent information we host does not have files that can be copyrighted. We are in correspondence with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and general international copyright laws.However, we still can remove torrents from our site if the copyright owner would like us to do so. The following procedure will be performed if:You are, or your company is the copyright holder of this materialYou provide the URLs to the torrents to be removed, no complete (sub)categories or search queriesYou provide the full name(s) and list of content that should be removedYou give us complete contact information (address, phone number, email and fax)Please, contact us copyright@kickasstorrents.com, only if your request follows through with all of these rules. Please, be polite.We will process your request within 72 hours only if it corresponds to the above mentioned rules.Also check out this YouTube video clip concerning the legality of downloading torrent files:

Edited by Fil/AmArt