Taxi Cab Flagers/beggars

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Taxi flagers rank up there with the guys who help you find a seat on a bus. One demanded 100 peso's from me once. Gave him a 10 to leave me alone.
I also do not understand why the taxi driver pays these guys. Sometime these guys will ask me for money for getting me a taxi when I could of flagged a taxi down myself, I tell them I could of gotten this taxi and then refuse to tip them..I never tip them!!!
I just AVOID these "parasites", ignore them, or just walk a few feet away. Flag down my own taxi,same with the jeepneys, Save these hard workers a few extra pesos.
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

On one of my first trips to RP in the eighties, i remember comming out of Harrison Plaza Manila to the taxi rank. The armed guards on the door quickly moved towards me and said " Taxi sir ? " I said yes and so they whistled and motioned for one of waiting taxis to come to the door ( a distance of just a few metres) One of the guards quickly moved infront of me to open the door to the taxi and as i approached he put his hand out. Now in Australia we don't tip for ANYTHING and certainly something as dumb as this would never be rewarded but i am not silly either and knew what was going on.In my usual typical Aussie way i immediately reached out and shook his hand, gave him a wink and said "Good on ya mate, thanks"The look on his face was "priceless"! To this day, i just simply ignore this practice.On rare occasion where i've actually been asked or told that the fella wants money i just look at them and say "what for?"

• Like 2