Be Gentle With Us, Don't Be Hostile To Us

Travis
Posted
Posted
Filipinos are known for being hospitable and warm towards foreigners. Despite this fact, some foreigners are acting as if they were kings and treating the locals in a hostile manner.Below is my experience with someone who belongs to the category of abusive foreigners.One of my students invited me to the Cinco de Mayo party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him, will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!! I hope, he won’t make the mistake of doing it again because I don’t know what I might do to stick up for myself.
demeter there are plenty of us nice guys out there th_signs083.gif do not let one bully ruin your thinking about the rest of us

Demeter
Posted
Posted
Filipinos are known for being hospitable and warm towards foreigners. Despite this fact, some foreigners are acting as if they were kings and treating the locals in a hostile manner.Below is my experience with someone who belongs to the category of abusive foreigners.One of my students invited me to the Cinco de Mayo party. I enjoyed talking to the girls there until one guy approached our table and ruined my evening by trying to make me bow to him. I've had an issue with him and he loves picking on me accusing me of gossiping about him when all I did was state my opinion of him. I am willing to forget everything but I would never ever put up with his acting far superior to me. He was talking so loud and was acting as if I were his servant. He could have just said "Hello" and smiled, I could have just done the same thing, we both could have forgotten everything. But, as long as this guy does not get off his high horses, I will never make friends with him again.I hope, men like him, will remember that this is still MY COUNTRY, I am not demanding for respect, all I am asking is DON'T TREAT ME AS IF I WERE YOUR SERVANT AND STOP ACTING FAR SUPERIOR TO ME!!! I hope, he won’t make the mistake of doing it again because I don’t know what I might do to stick up for myself.
demeter there are plenty of us nice guys out there th_signs083.gif do not let one bully ruin your thinking about the rest of us
Don't worry, Traveler, I don't generalize people. I am always in contact with foreigners, my former co-teachers, my students and I've proven that no two individuals are alike. I always try to see the good things in everyone. I am even trying to convince myself that this bully still has goodness left in him, but, with the things that he'd done to me, I gave up. Changing a certain aspect in a person's personality is difficult and changing his total personality is impossible.Singers is right, it's best that I stay away from him.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... I live here and have personally seen butt-heads that I would slap off their feet if back in Texas. But if these manly cowards get slap they would just run and cry to a lawyer, so they can sue for money. A punk is a punk, and if this man did act this way , as she describes, than he is a punk and deserves only disdain not respect. .
Whoa right there.... no self-respecting Texas lawyer who specializes in representing "slapped butt-heads" would allow a client to "cry to a lawyer"... No way... we would spring from behind our giant polished mahogany desk and slap the butt-head off their feet, kick their teeth out and tell them to stop crying.It is essential that they save all their tears until we have them in court showing the jury their missing teeth that were "slapped out" by the person we are suing... and at that time we give them the signal to start "crying."Question: Mr. Punk Butt-Head, will you please tell the jury what happened to you?Answer: I was helping an old lady across the street, when a big mean looking man came out of nowhere and slapped me off my feet... he knocked some of my teeth out. SugarwareZ-034.gifQuestion: Is that man here in the courtroom?Answer: Ye... ye... yes... it's that bi... bi... big man named "James" that sitting right over there cracking his knuckles and staring at me. SugarwareZ-034.gif3_12_31[1].gif James... you are hereby ordered to pay Mr. Butt-Head a pot full of $$$$$$, 1/3 of which will help his Texas Lawyer get the hell out of Texas and retire in the PI. Bailiff, call the next case.th_thbarbaque.gif7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gifTom in Texas

Travis
Posted
Posted
... I live here and have personally seen butt-heads that I would slap off their feet if back in Texas. But if these manly cowards get slap they would just run and cry to a lawyer, so they can sue for money. A punk is a punk, and if this man did act this way , as she describes, than he is a punk and deserves only disdain not respect. .
Whoa right there.... no self-respecting Texas lawyer who specializes in representing "slapped butt-heads" would allow a client to "cry to a lawyer"... No way... we would spring from behind our giant polished mahogany desk and slap the butt-head off their feet, kick their teeth out and tell them to stop crying.It is essential that they save all their tears until we have them in court showing the jury their missing teeth that were "slapped out" by the person we are suing... and at that time we give them the signal to start "crying."Question: Mr. Punk Butt-Head, will you please tell the jury what happened to you?Answer: I was helping an old lady across the street, when a big mean looking man came out of nowhere and slapped me off my feet... he knocked some of my teeth out. SugarwareZ-034.gifQuestion: Is that man here in the courtroom?Answer: Ye... ye... yes... it's that bi... bi... big man named "James" that sitting right over there cracking his knuckles and staring at me. SugarwareZ-034.gif3_12_31[1].gif James... you are hereby ordered to pay Mr. Butt-Head a pot full of $$$$$$, 1/3 of which will help his Texas Lawyer get the hell out of Texas and retire in the PI. Bailiff, call the next case.th_thbarbaque.gif7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gifTom in Texas
written like a true lawyer laugh.gifthumbs-up-smile.gif

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)
Whoa right there.... no self-respecting Texas lawyer who specializes in representing "slapped butt-heads" would allow a client to "cry to a lawyer"... No way... we would spring from behind our giant polished mahogany desk and slap the butt-head off their feet, kick their teeth out and tell them to stop crying.It is essential that they save all their tears until we have them in court showing the jury their missing teeth that were "slapped out" by the person we are suing... and at that time we give them the signal to start "crying."Question: Mr. Punk Butt-Head, will you please tell the jury what happened to you?Answer: I was helping an old lady across the street, when a big mean looking man came out of nowhere and slapped me off my feet... he knocked some of my teeth out. SugarwareZ-034.gifQuestion: Is that man here in the courtroom?Answer: Ye... ye... yes... it's that bi... bi... big man named "James" that sitting right over there cracking his knuckles and staring at me. SugarwareZ-034.gif3_12_31[1].gif James... you are hereby ordered to pay Mr. Butt-Head a pot full of $, 1/3 of which will help his Texas Lawyer get the hell out of Texas and retire in the PI. Bailiff, call the next case.th_thbarbaque.gif7_3_205[1].gif36_1_68[1].gifTom in Texas
True but in South Texas we are taught a Gentleman's Code, and such behavior towards a woman regardless of her personal character is a strict taboo. And he would have spurred real gentlemen to have responded in kind. He would have been giving lessons on proper social edicate. Or as my Grandmother would say, "Society is just pounding straight, a bent nail." I miss the days when men were still men, when you were personally held responsible for you actions. When someone disillusioned themselves into thinking that they were 10 foot tall and bullet proof, while their battleship mouths wrote checks their tugboat butts could not cash; could be corrected and saved from their self inflicted Napoleon complex. Then these two social warriors could then heal from that hallowed field of battle, drink and reconcile these differences over beers at the Waterloo watering hole. The way our fathers and forefathers did, and society taught men the rules of social edicate, Gentlemanly codes, and chivalry.When we still had "10 paces turn and fire", men conducted themselves as men, there were need for lawyers. Lawyers have just queered men up these days.SugarwareZ-267.gif Edited by jamesmusslewhite

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted
This post is clearly a personal attack and should be promptly removed.Demeter, by posting this rant you are playing into this individual's hands. He/she/whatever is no doubt having a laugh about this. I understand your anger and frustration but this is the wrong way to deal with it.
If Demeter is accurate with her response, she has all the right to comment on this event. There was no name mentioned, so what personnel attack? Other than your obvious personal attack on her. Did you see what happen there from Florida, chief? I live here and have personally seen butt-heads that I would slap off their feet if back in Texas. But if these manly cowards get slap they would just run and cry to a lawyer, so they can sue for money. A punk is a punk, and if this man did act this way , as she describes, than he is a punk and deserves only disdain not respect. .
James, you did not see the whole post and some parts had to be removed by me because they fringed on a personal attack without names mentioned and that IMO was why MikeB rightfully felt as he did. IMO no person in any foreign land should treat the local peoples with disrespect because that then leads to their disdain of other foreigners such as ourselves who do not deserve the treatment we will get because of that felt hatred. I have had many a Filipino tell me that I am different than so many of my race that they have met, so I would guess that means they lump each and everyone of us round eyes into one race, so again IMO, those of us who are not like that need to try hard to make up for those who feel the need to look down on anyone. I believe that it is a bigger man (and I do not mean in girth :photo-109: ) who can treat everyone as their equal and an insecure man who needs to look down on others.
Sorry I did not see the unrevised post.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I'm sure Demeter now has a good idea in how to take care of this guy the next time he tries the same thing and it won't be a handshake this time either! I kind of hope to see it the next time around! Please take a video clip OK? Yup, "What goes around, comes around"!23_11_55[2].gifSugarwareZ-267.gif:agree::photo-109: