I Got My Pi Drivers License Today

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Today my sisterinlaw and me went to the RTO, in Olongapo and a little over an hour later, i walked out with my PI Drivers License. How was this done you may ask?1. Bring copies of, Passport, home country drivers license, & international DL if you have it.2. Know where you live, ie the address.3. Coins to make more copies of visa part of passport, and drivers license again.4. drink a lot of water, as you have to give a urine sample.5. do not drink any beer, or anything with alcohol for 48 hours prior.6. bring your glasses if needed for the eye test7. Unless you want to wait in a long line, and maybe come back tomorrow, bring about p2000 to avoid this.You fill out some forms, give them copies of the documents, take a urine and eye test, get fingerprinted on both hands, and have 3 different pictures taken. Total, i spent around p3500. Unless you have an excuse, it is hard to get a drivers license if you have been in the country for less than 90 days. After that, no proabelm.There was NO written exame, or any exame of any kind. the license is good for 3 years from your current birthday.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hiya: Today my sisterinlaw and me went to the RTO, in Olongapo and a little over an hour later, i walked out with my PI Drivers License. How was this done you may ask?1. Bring copies of, Passport, home country drivers license, & international DL if you have it.2. Know where you live, ie the address.3. Coins to make more copies of visa part of passport, and drivers license again.4. drink a lot of water, as you have to give a urine sample.5. do not drink any beer, or anything with alcohol for 48 hours prior.6. bring your glasses if needed for the eye test7. Unless you want to wait in a long line, and maybe come back tomorrow, bring about p2000 to avoid this.You fill out some forms, give them copies of the documents, take a urine and eye test, get fingerprinted on both hands, and have 3 different pictures taken. Total, i spent around p3500. Unless you have an excuse, it is hard to get a drivers license if you have been in the country for less than 90 days. After that, no problem.There was NO written exam, or any exam of any kind. the license is good for 3 years from your current birthday.
Did they actually do a check on the sample there and then?

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

BossMan: I do not see how they could? Hell, even in America, when you take a urine test, it takes several days beore the results are sent to your employer. I would think it would take WEEKS, or Months here. I have no idea? Maybe if it came back positive, they just revoke your license? Oh, and you also get your blood pressure checked. Ah hahahaha to my wife. I am Overweight, so i must have high blood pressure, she says.......................110/70..............hahahaha, high blood pressure this.............................thumbs-up-smile.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hiya: Today my sisterinlaw and me went to the RTO, in Olongapo and a little over an hour later, i walked out with my PI Drivers License. How was this done you may ask?1. Bring copies of, Passport, home country drivers license, & international DL if you have it.2. Know where you live, ie the address.3. Coins to make more copies of visa part of passport, and drivers license again.4. drink a lot of water, as you have to give a urine sample.5. do not drink any beer, or anything with alcohol for 48 hours prior.6. bring your glasses if needed for the eye test7. Unless you want to wait in a long line, and maybe come back tomorrow, bring about p2000 to avoid this.You fill out some forms, give them copies of the documents, take a urine and eye test, get fingerprinted on both hands, and have 3 different pictures taken. Total, i spent around p3500. Unless you have an excuse, it is hard to get a drivers license if you have been in the country for less than 90 days. After that, no proabelm.There was NO written exame, or any exame of any kind. the license is good for 3 years from your current birthday.
Hi Winalot,Well done!.Cristina's UK driving arrived in the Mail this AM. :photo-109: HAPPY Tex --- wosautos121.gifUK Tom Edited by Singers

United Army
Posted
Posted

Good for you that you got a PI Diver License....

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)
th_thsmilies-29057.pngNo driving test for the license Edited by oldutot

Travis
Posted
Posted
thank you good info & something I am going to have to break down and do before my US license expires

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
BossMan: I do not see how they could? Hell, even in America, when you take a urine test, it takes several days beore the results are sent to your employer. I would think it would take WEEKS, or Months here. I have no idea? Maybe if it came back positive, they just revoke your license? Oh, and you also get your blood pressure checked. Ah hahahaha to my wife. I am Overweight, so i must have high blood pressure, she says.......................110/70..............hahahaha, high blood pressure this.............................thumbs-up-smile.gif
I don't know how they do it but the test results are delivered within 15 minutes of giving the urine sample. And it must be pretty accurate because I had 2 clients fail about 6 months ago. Not only did they waste the 400p they paid for the test/medical, but the form you sign prior to the test gives the tester permission to pass on the results to other agencies - could be your passport is flagged at BoI. I now warn all clients about the serious consequences of taking the test if they have anything to hide. I don't judge, just warn!ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!The conversion of a foreign licence to a local licence costs 1018p. I go to the LTO with my client and help them go to the right place at the right time - not rocket science - but normally I can get the plastic licence within 2 hours. My fee for this is 1000p so a total of 2018p!!!!Paul

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted (edited)
I asked our friend Dr. Maureen and she says they just test for alcohol, Marijuana, and Shabu and are able to do that quickly and in volume. Edited by Gold Heart

• 3 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The other important factor here is "where" you get it processed e.g. Talisay is known for doing it quickly like everything else its relevant to demand as the words "overtime at peak periods" doesn't exist here. I wouldn't advise anyone to pay a bribe as it just encourages people to take more money and then people start complaining people are asking for a bribe to do their normal job.