Paradise ?

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Some people say the Philippines is Paradise, I really cant see that, With so much corruption, Squalor, Poverty, Poor infrastructure, Crime, Filth. Pretty women and cheap living does not make it Paradise, Say anything negative about the Philippines and some people will jump down your throat.I say it as I see it, My opinion only, The Philippines is filthy, garbage everywhere you look, You have got rubbish, No problem, Just throw it in the street, I saw more rats here in 1 week than I have seen my entire live in the UK, People just dont seem to bother.If the Philippines want more tourists, I suggest they start by cleaning up the country, Whats your thought ?
Yes Brock,I have seen all of the above in PI and in many other places. Sometimes all at once and sometimes only a few at a time --
Pretty women and cheap living does not make it Paradise
No but it takes me a whole lot closer than any place I have been in Europe... "Smiles per mile" is my joy and non existant IMExperience in this modern PC UK which IS a S'hole to-day IMO. Corruption, Greed, seffishness and a huge "dollop" of "could not care less about anything except ME ME ME" !!! ---In Asia "Paradise" is reckoned to be Singapore if one is Chinese!!! I am not.I can agree with that and it is a BEAUTIFULLY kept place and Pretty women who are generous and ... great cheap food 24/7 cooked fresh in front of the customer... cheap Taxis..Etc Etc but having lived there 6 years I left for PI ?? My little slice of Heaven IMHO !!!:cheersty:Rushing out to get my Jabs (inoculations) for my PI trip so I may add to this later... 7_3_205[1].gif UK Tom
If you've seen the original series of 'The Prisoner', the Village is what Singapore was to me. Artificially perfect.
EXACTLY Uzi -- S'Pore -- One man's design - Lee Kuan Yew. As Portmeirion was one man's idea -- Sir Clough Williams-Ellis. --- "Plastic Places"? Like "Irish Theme" Pub's.and designer t1ts -- I prefer the real thing! SugarwareZ-024.gif Small IS Beautiful. IMO :17403: :444: They can keep "Bay Watch". !!!Give me the random "higgle-de-piggledy" of life, towns and people anytime. The delight of walking about back street S'Hai where an "obvious" dead-end narrow Street "magically" reveals an of-set 18 inch gap allowing passage to the next path ... no cars ... showing Homes where the stairs / woodwork had net been painted for decades AND spotlessly clean to boot.!A turn on a PI country road to see a glorious Vista and a host of smiles and flirting eyes... o0oPss getting sentimental...:17403::gday: UK Tom
:SugarwareZ-037: That so sums it up nicely. My experience of living in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Kuwait etc is the same. All sorts of magic can be found by people who look with eyes open.As I have said before, some people are glass half empty and some wake up to smiles everyday in their own piece of paradise. Those may find this interesting:Scientists refer to the 7,100 islands that make up the Philippines as the “center of the center” of global marine biodiversity. Conservation International.Uzi
Ta Mate, Different strokes for different folks IT IS...JOKE Kind of! --------- Tom having finished exercising his horses on the beach and giving one of the yard girls a "seeing 2" met up with Boss Man & Uzi for a pint in the links bar overlooking the strand for a "Sundowner" -- a pint of Guiness and sit and watch the sun set over the Atlantic -- (Got the picture??)The 3 pints arrive and as they picked up a glass each a swarm of flies passed and each pint caught a fly in the creamy top.Uzi called the barman and in a superior English accent said "My man - there is a fly in my drink - please change it for a fresh 1"UK Tom picked up his drink inserted a finger and flicked the fly out and had a good drink of his Guiness.Boss Man looked at the offending fly and taking hold of it by the wings said "Spit it back - ya Bastard".... :1 (103): :17403: Boss :1 (103): honest... Edited by Singers

UZI
Posted
Posted
Some people say the Philippines is Paradise, I really cant see that, With so much corruption, Squalor, Poverty, Poor infrastructure, Crime, Filth. Pretty women and cheap living does not make it Paradise, Say anything negative about the Philippines and some people will jump down your throat.I say it as I see it, My opinion only, The Philippines is filthy, garbage everywhere you look, You have got rubbish, No problem, Just throw it in the street, I saw more rats here in 1 week than I have seen my entire live in the UK, People just dont seem to bother.If the Philippines want more tourists, I suggest they start by cleaning up the country, Whats your thought ?
Yes Brock,I have seen all of the above in PI and in many other places. Sometimes all at once and sometimes only a few at a time --
Pretty women and cheap living does not make it Paradise
No but it takes me a whole lot closer than any place I have been in Europe... "Smiles per mile" is my joy and non existant IMExperience in this modern PC UK which IS a S'hole to-day IMO. Corruption, Greed, seffishness and a huge "dollop" of "could not care less about anything except ME ME ME" !!! ---In Asia "Paradise" is reckoned to be Singapore if one is Chinese!!! I am not.I can agree with that and it is a BEAUTIFULLY kept place and Pretty women who are generous and ... great cheap food 24/7 cooked fresh in front of the customer... cheap Taxis..Etc Etc but having lived there 6 years I left for PI ?? My little slice of Heaven IMHO !!!:cheersty:Rushing out to get my Jabs (inoculations) for my PI trip so I may add to this later... 7_3_205[1].gif UK Tom
If you've seen the original series of 'The Prisoner', the Village is what Singapore was to me. Artificially perfect.
EXACTLY Uzi -- S'Pore -- One man's design - Lee Kuan Yew. As Portmeirion was one man's idea -- Sir Clough Williams-Ellis. --- "Plastic Places"? Like "Irish Theme" Pub's.and designer t1ts -- I prefer the real thing! SugarwareZ-024.gif Small IS Beautiful. IMO :17403: :444: They can keep "Bay Watch". !!!Give me the random "higgle-de-piggledy" of life, towns and people anytime. The delight of walking about back street S'Hai where an "obvious" dead-end narrow Street "magically" reveals an of-set 18 inch gap allowing passage to the next path ... no cars ... showing Homes where the stairs / woodwork had net been painted for decades AND spotlessly clean to boot.!A turn on a PI country road to see a glorious Vista and a host of smiles and flirting eyes... o0oPss getting sentimental...:17403::gday: UK Tom
:SugarwareZ-037: That so sums it up nicely. My experience of living in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Kuwait etc is the same. All sorts of magic can be found by people who look with eyes open.As I have said before, some people are glass half empty and some wake up to smiles everyday in their own piece of paradise. Those may find this interesting:Scientists refer to the 7,100 islands that make up the Philippines as the “center of the center” of global marine biodiversity. Conservation International.Uzi
Ta Mate, Different strokes for different folks IT IS...JOKE Kind of! --------- Tom having finished exercising his horses on the beach and giving one of the yard girls a "seeing 2" met up with Boss Man & Uzi for a pint in the links bar overlooking the strand for a "Sundowner" -- a pint of Guiness and sit and watch the sun set over the Atlantic -- (Got the picture??)The 3 pints arrive and as they picked up a glass each a swarm of flies passed and each pint caught a fly in the creamy top.Uzi called the barman and in a superior English accent said "My man - there is a fly in my drink - please change it for a fresh 1"UK Tom picked up his drink inserted a finger and flicked the fly out and had a good drink of his Guiness.Boss Man looked at the offending fly and taking hold of it by the wings said "Spit it back - ya Bastard".... :1 (103): :17403: Boss :1 (103): honest...
13_4_10[1].gif:gday:......:444:...............................:444:

brock
Posted
Posted

Done get me wrong, I love Cebu City, And yes it is nice and clean in Ayala and such places, But go off the main roads and down many side streets and their is garbage everywhere, A good idea would be, Instead of sending people to prison for minor offences is to give them community service, Make them do unpaid work for the city for so many hours depending on what kind of offence they commited, Even let prisoners out on some kind of chain gang type of thing, I am sure the prisoners would welcome it to get away from their day to day routine.

• Like 1