How Hard Is It To Sell Land A Condo Or A House Here?

Mr Tropic
Posted
Posted

Being in this position and now wanting to sell my property investments I find it interesting and somewhat helpful to hear the comments of different expats in regards to buying/selling. My general take on this is the old saying location, location, location and price. Seems most expats want to be near the beach, malls, hospitals. There are a good number of us that like the province for one reason or another but it is much harder to find a buyer there unless it is in an expat community. Moving near the girls family in the middle of tim buck too is not the place to buy and sell. Also with the Cebu market getting flooded with new condos and house lot packages quality and price and terms are the winning combination is my opinion. Time will tell.Mr. Tropic

Michael
Posted
Posted

We bought a small house by expat standards on the beach in Oslob. The property had been advertised for a couple years. We had seen the house for sale a year earlier. We called the couple who happened to be in England. I was tired of shoveling snow in Montana and they wanted to sale their house and build one somewhere else. So we agreed on a price that was less than they wanted and about what we could afford.We have 2800 square meters of beach property for sale in Santendar. We received a reasonable offer on the property that was close to what the wife would have sold, but we had just got back to the States and did not feel like going right back to the Philippines. We did lower our price 100,000 pesos, which was 500,000 pesos more than they offered, and we still have the property. So I guess what I am saying is if the property is priced right, and seems like a good deal it will sale. Maybe not very fast, but it will sale. Just keep in mind there are a lot more people that can not afford your property than can afford your property.

love2winalot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hiya: We are also selling our house in Caloocan city, manilla. It is about 540 sq ft. The only place, so far, we have advertised it, is on Craigs list. Like others here, we had some inquiry, but no offers. But, it has only been 4 sale a week. When I looked at other listings on Craigs list, most are Condos, and the few houss 4 sale, are much higher in price than what we are selling ours for. A few houses down, a house sits empty, and has been 4 sale at 2 million, for over 2 years. I was told the owner had an offer last year of 1.5, and turned it down. I then looked all over the internet to find that house listed someplace, and can not. This means, that the only people in the world that know it is 4 sale, are the other people in the community who walk/drive by, and see the 4 sale sign on it. I think this is the type of thing that a person has to take the bull by the horns. You have to do the advertising. Take Pictures, put them on walls, poles, tree's and so on. Put it on the internet. I read a while back, that 75% of all houses sold it the philippines, "220-2008" were bought by OFW's. So, even with fewer houses being bought, i do not think that % has changed. To me, this would be the target audience. I am back here in las vegas, as we are pre pairing to sell our house here also. Hey, I know, "Buy our house in the philippins for x4 what it is worth, and get a house in las vegas, for free"....................................hehehe.

Edited by love2winalot

• 5 weeks later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Real estate and construction in Philippines is on rise. Construction everywhere. Cities change faces fast.Offer is more than the demand. Selling is hard and long process. I bought a lot in Mindanao 6 years ago and i am selling it now. OK i got it in a bargain and i could sell it for double i bought it but that is not what i need. I do not need cash now nor i am in need. Simply i want to take a good amount of cash invest them on another project as such and so on. Therefore is a long process waiting process, as i said i do not hurry.I bought a condo in Pasig Manila on a preselling price 3 years ago. Now the value goes up and up and the condo is not delivered yet. I do not want it, i do not like it. Will sell it 100-200K pesos less than the price of the developer for ready to move in units upon delivery. the price i do not think will be more than 1.5m for a 40m2 loft type condo with full amenities.When this will be i will post it here since it will be a good bargain.My house has costed me by now about 7 millions. I CANNOT sell it. NO ONE will pay me 7.1m for a second hand house, not even 6m!!! One has to be extremely lucky (as if winning the lotto) to find a buyer in Philippines who will give in cash anything more than 2-3 millions for a house or condo. Gives, payments, pag-ibig, bank loans etc...if you can take that perhaps you can sell.That is all i know about selling properties here. You buy it and you most likely keep it longer than your wife (joke :th_interesting: )

• 1 year later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well my neighbors condo in Winland Towers Cebu City sold and it took less than a year, so there are buyers, and it is just a matter of time if something is sold at the right price.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's really all about location, the weather, the appeal, quality of the materials and construction, the right price and the demand!

• 4 weeks later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

HelloAbout housing and condos. The what sells like cookies is what is cheap. Location is an issue too. If you have a big lot, make as many houses of 25-30m2 as you can and sell them with almost nothing inside, simple cemenbt finishing, no tiles no paint no nothing. You'll end up spending 150.000 to make them (add up the appropriate cost of the lot) and sell them for 300-350.000p. For that amount you will profit 100-150.000p. multiply it by 10 gives you a nice 1.5m. Try on the same lot to build as many nice houses as you can and sell them for anything more than 600-700.000p...you'll be selling them for years and years.If you want to have your investment to have a fast return, make it CHEAP.

• Like 1

piglett
Posted
Posted
My thought is... if I can find the house I want, in the location I want, for a price that is less than I could build it for... then it is a good price. What is the fly in that ointment? I cannot understand why expats cannot get their money out of houses when they are sold... if they cannot, then I do not understand why there are not some reasonable prices on these houses that expats are selling at a loss. Everyone can't buy high and and everyone sale low... there has to be someone on the other side of every deal. I'm sure someone will promptly set me straight on my simplistic thinking... :)... so thank you in advance. :) Tom in Texas
I think the problem is the expats think they are sitting on goldalso they need cash many times when it comes time to sell so they can go back to their home countrythere are many many more high dollar houses in the PI than there are buyersso getting your money back mite be toughwhy sould i or the next kano buy your place for p2,000,000 or p4,000,000most locals could never pay that much for a placeif i get a place in the PI it will be because i got a smokin dealafter all it's a 3rd world counrty so it's not like i'm looking to lay out a quater million for whatever you have there i can get a brand new place in the province ( 1 small house 1 big house on the land) rite on the oceanthe kano price is only $100,000 & due to the fact that i know the locals like to triple the asking price for anything$30,000 to $40,000 would probably take it if you showed up with cash in handwhy would i spend anymore than that knowing that i may never be able to sell?it's like throwing money down a hole , your arm may not be long enough to ever reach it again. thats just my p2piglett
  • Like 2