Visa For The Philippines

siamesecat64
Posted
Posted

@ Pinoy ArtHummmm, my background... OKI am 46 y.o. Italian living in Thailand since 2001, my field in Italy was Education, in Thailand Restaurant (both Managing and Cooking),I am married to a Thai woman 2 years senior of me; the marriage is not working (I will NOT tell why, so don't ask)Following the latest unrest occured in the Country, I got the feeling that it is time for a change.My opinion is that the Philippines should be more close to my background (Religion, Culture, Tagalog/Visayas is writen with LETTERS and no symbols like Thai and also has not TONES, Thai language has 5 different tones, 400 years of Spanish colonization should have left something and also the 50 years of Americans surely left something; at least almost everyone can speak English, compared to the very few English speaking in Thailand). Last but not least, It seems to me that the Visas policy and general attitude towards foreigners is more favorable.Because of my experience in Thailand (before came to live here, I came here on holidays for 10 years), I think I should quick adjust to another Asian Country.

Travis
Posted
Posted

go with visitors visa before & SRRV after if you can afford it coz it makes life easy

siamesecat64
Posted
Posted
go with visitors visa before & SRRV after if you can afford it coz it makes life easy
Thank you for your opinion, I am thinking the same

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Thank you for your opinion, I am thinking the same
There is also the "quota visa" which is granted to 50 people from each country each year whether they are married or not. The cost depends on which country you are from and how much of a risk you want to run with the agent.A couple of friends of mine paid around 250,000p and were very happy with the result. It gives you permanent residence and this status is not dependent on such things a s being married or keeping a fixed sum in the bank. After this you only pay the 310p a year report fee.Paul

siamesecat64
Posted
Posted

@ ancienrockaI heard of this but I think 50 is a very small number. I also checked the Bereau of Immigration web site (http://immigration.gov.ph/), but couldn't find any information about this Quota visas.I don't know how it works there in The Philippines, but it seems from your words that it is NOT an operation 100% sure and anyway, the evenctuality of wasting 250k pesos do not make me partucularly happy neither willing to try my "luck"...Maybe, if you have time and patience, you should better explain to me how it should work, or at least give me the appropriate link.Thank you,siamesecat