Memories Oldies But Goodies Bring Back Memories

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
OK,makes me feel old but here are a few of the programs listed and some others that were shown here in Australia.BewitchedI dream of JennieM.A.S.H- still runs as of todayLost in spaceI love LucyMr Lee in CebuDick van DykeDallasFlipperFamily AffairSome from the UKDick Emmery showBenny HillDave Allen showSteptoe and SonOn the busesTil Death do we part
My question would then be, out of the hundreds of thousands of oldies TV series we've all watched, which are your top 3 TV series that are your ultimate favorites that you would like to see a remake of that hasn't already been copied or imitated? I know just 3 to chose from is tuff! I may change my selections later!These are my 3 picks:Adventures in ParadiseRoute 66Wanted Dead or Alive
I really enjoyed Wanted Dead or Alive and that might be my favorite had the boss not mentioned Mr. Lee in Cebu, so that has to be my favorite but for some reason I do not remember watching that one?   SugarwareZ-004.gif  Maybe it will be a future comedy.    SugarwareZ-005.gifActually I do not think remakes of most of the oldies would work unless the whole theme changed because peoples tastes have changed over time and now when I watch some of the older TV shows or movies, I find them nostalgic, which brings back good memories of my younger years, but I also find them very corny. Anyone else feel the same way? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
OK,makes me feel old but here are a few of the programs listed and some others that were shown here in Australia.BewitchedI dream of JennieM.A.S.H- still runs as of todayLost in spaceI love LucyMr Lee in CebuDick van DykeDallasFlipperFamily AffairSome from the UKDick Emmery showBenny HillDave Allen showSteptoe and SonOn the busesTil Death do we part
My question would then be, out of the hundreds of thousands of oldies TV series we've all watched, which are your top 3 TV series that are your ultimate favorites that you would like to see a remake of that hasn't already been copied or imitated? I know just 3 to chose from is tuff! I may change my selections later!These are my 3 picks:Adventures in ParadiseRoute 66Wanted Dead or Alive
I really enjoyed Wanted Dead or Alive and that might be my favorite had the boss not mentioned Mr. Lee in Cebu, so that has to be my favorite but for some reason I do not remember watching that one? SugarwareZ-004.gif Maybe it will be a future comedy. SugarwareZ-005.gifActually I do not think remakes of most of the oldies would work unless the whole theme changed because peoples tastes have changed over time and now when I watch some of the older TV shows or movies, I find them nostalgic, which brings back good memories of my younger years, but I also find them very corny. Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes, not long ago I seen an old Benny Hill show which many years ago all of his shows gave me a lot of laughs,this time it did not tickle my fancy much. Times have changed unfortunately and the humor was just not there for me anyway.:th_interesting:Oh, just to add, surely everyone can remember sitting down with the popcorn waiting for the daily Mr Lee in Cebu show to air????? Edited by Boss Man
forgot to mention