Dengue Fever

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife who currently is in Zamboanga city has dengue fever,anyone ever had this condition??SugarwareZ-035.gif

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Yes!I was 4 days in hospital.For me it was no big deal because I am well nourished and my body was able to cope.Poorly fed Filipinos will not do as well as I did and some die.Regards: Jim

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My wife who currently is in Zamboanga city has dengue fever,anyone ever had this condition??SugarwareZ-035.gif
Wow, I am sorry to hear that and while I thankfully know very little about dengue except what I read, I pray Ann will be OK. A local cure made from Camote tops is supposed to help and I would suspect from what I also read that it is also as Jim said because it makes the person stronger and healthier so their own system can fight it off. Another home remedy is vanilla ice creme, so tell Ann to eat both and to get well soon. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wow, I am sorry to hear that and while I thankfully know very little about dengue except what I read, I pray Ann will be OK. A local cure made from Camote tops is supposed to help and I would suspect that it might also be as Jim said because it makes the person stronger and healthier so their own system can fight it off. Another home remedy is vanilla ice creme, so tell Ann to eat both and to get well soon.
She has some sort of pills from a doctor and is taking some sort of herbal medicine,not sure what as lost contact with her.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

I hope she gets better soon !!!!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I've heard of Camote tops too, but how is it taken? I don't know! For as long as we've lived in the Philippines, never got Dengue Fever and hope never will! Knock on wood! Anyway, hope she gets better!

• Like 1

Travis
Posted
Posted
Boss Man please keep us informed & I pray she will be alright.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
I sent a text to Ann and she replied and said she was getting better. We continue to pray for her speedy recovery. 

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hi Boss, I am glad the wife is recovering from dengue. My niece had dengue one time, and she needed to have a blood transfusion. My prays are with you both.

Mik
Posted
Posted

A blood transfusion can kill you. Blood is bad medicine..