Another One Bites The Dust

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is it me or does it seem like the amount of foreigners killed these days is getting higher ??Italian hotel employee killed in Philippines Manila - An Italian manager at a hotel in the Philippines was killed Thursday while walking along a busy pavement in the capital, a police report said. Sergio Mazza, 38, director of the food and beverage section of the Shangri-la Hotel in Makati City, died from a single gunshot wound to the head, the report said. Mazza was on the way to work when a lone gunman approached and fired at him without warning on a street corner near Ayala Avenue in Makati. Investigators have yet to determine a motive for the killing but said it might not have been a robbery because the victim's belongings were intact. http://www.monstersa...-in-Philippines

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Is it me or does it seem like the amount of foreigners killed these days is getting higher ??Italian hotel employee killed in Philippines Manila - An Italian manager at a hotel in the Philippines was killed Thursday while walking along a busy pavement in the capital, a police report said. Sergio Mazza, 38, director of the food and beverage section of the Shangri-la Hotel in Makati City, died from a single gunshot wound to the head, the report said. Mazza was on the way to work when a lone gunman approached and fired at him without warning on a street corner near Ayala Avenue in Makati. Investigators have yet to determine a motive for the killing but said it might not have been a robbery because the victim's belongings were intact. http://www.monstersa...-in-Philippines
The killing of any foreigner is always big news and it does seem like a lot of them have made the news of late and we all know that the news reporting and how long it usually takes the police to solve many of these crimes is lacking but to me it seems to always be woman or money related and since the guys money was intact, the next thing we need to know is was he married to a local or was he a playboy who has broken some hearts. Rarely if ever have I read that a married retiree living in the Philippines and who was not in some money making business got themselves killed. This guy worked at a high end hotel and he was young, so he may have had a high end lifestyle and may have been a playboy. It will be good if we ever see a follow up story to this, but in my view if people keep a low profile, use they common sense and do not abuse the locals then they should be safe. 

Mik
Posted
Posted
I thought this was about someone getting married. Same result, marriage is slower though..

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
I think you're right Lee about Sergio being a playboy. Heck, if I was the manager of food and beverage surrounded with beautiful cocktail waitresses, I would definitely be tempted to play the field. Butsometimes that same field is full of mines. Boyfriends/husbands of these women could easily go into afit of rage (jealousy) and hire someone to "salvage" this playboy. Like I said before, Filipino revengeis a dish best served cold with a little bit of soy sauce.Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I thought this was about someone getting married. Same result, marriage is slower though..
You definately suffer a lot longer. 1%20(103).gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Update and it seems Jake and I may have been correct. Cops eye love affair of German hotel exec. And the plot thickens.   SugarwareZ-005.gif Authorities are zeroing on “love affair” as the main cause behind the slaying of a German working for the Shangri-La Hotel in Makati City on Thursday.Makati City police under Senior Superintendent Froilan Bonifacio told The STAR that based on the accounts they’ve gathered, victim Sergio Mazza seemed to have multiple relationships with women in a span of short time.“We’re zeroing on that. He had lots of women and the investigation boils down on his personal life involving these affairs,” Bonifacio said. He, however, clarified that nothing is so sure yet about the investigation as they are still trying to corroborate the witnesses’ accounts.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Is it me or does it seem like the amount of foreigners killed these days is getting higher ??Italian hotel employee killed in PhilippinesManila - An Italian manager at a hotel in the Philippines was killed Thursday while walking along a busy pavement in the capital, a police report said. Sergio Mazza, 38, director of the food and beverage section of the Shangri-la Hotel in Makati City, died from a single gunshot wound to the head, the report said. Mazza was on the way to work when a lone gunman approached and fired at him without warning on a street corner near Ayala Avenue in Makati. Investigators have yet to determine a motive for the killing but said it might not have been a robbery because the victim's belongings were intact. http://www.monstersa...-in-Philippines
Update and it seems Jake and I may have been correct. Cops eye love affair of German hotel exec. And the plot thickens. SugarwareZ-005.gif Authorities are zeroing on “love affair” as the main cause behind the slaying of a German working for the Shangri-La Hotel in Makati City on Thursday.Makati City police under Senior Superintendent Froilan Bonifacio told The STAR that based on the accounts they’ve gathered, victim Sergio Mazza seemed to have multiple relationships with women in a span of short time.“We’re zeroing on that. He had lots of women and the investigation boils down on his personal life involving these affairs,” Bonifacio said. He, however, clarified that nothing is so sure yet about the investigation as they are still trying to corroborate the witnesses’ accounts.
the guy did not even rate being killed with a .45. 22 cal are usually womens guns or hit men guns in the US so I am told or could it be the Israeli massad SugarwareZ-004.gifMazza, 38, was the assistant executive food and beverage manager of the hotel. He was reportedly killed by a lone gunman with a .22 caliber pistol at the corner of De la Rosa and Perea Streets in Makati City at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, crimes of passion will do it every time for the would be assassins and for their rivals! So, a .22 caliber bullet is by far the most effective point blank shot to the head, because the bullet will just bounce around in the skull without exiting! SugarwareZ-004.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yeah, crimes of passion will do it every time for the would be assassins and for their rivals! So, a .22 caliber bullet is by far the most effective point blank shot to the head, because the bullet will just bounce around in the skull without exiting! SugarwareZ-004.gif
There have been 9mm & 45 "HeadShot" wound survivors...... BUT a .22 "whisks" the brain as you correctly stated. :AddEmoticons04230:Most effective if a Temple shot. EAGLE Edited by Singers

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
the guy did not even rate being killed with a .45. 22 cal are usually womens guns or hit men guns in the US so I am told or could it be the Israeli massad SugarwareZ-004.gifMazza, 38, was the assistant executive food and beverage manager of the hotel. He was reportedly killed by a lone gunman with a .22 caliber pistol at the corner of De la Rosa and Perea Streets in Makati City at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
IMHO a handgun should be used as near as possible to a target. Otherwise use a machine Pistol. A PDW** (Personal Defense Weapon) and (American expression & choice?) "walk it in". In UK such waste of rounds is anathema 2 us.So a .22 is acceptable to many assassin's. Small and easily concealed. Movies my Donkey. He he Calling a .22 a Ladies gun is naive IMO :whistling:Eagle Tom** A Micro UZI (1700 Rd./Min) --- No offense Uzi :mocking: --- is 11 inches long (folded). An RAF issue 9mm Browning is 9 inches long. No contest IMO

post-688-12770669297478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers
repair quote