How Small Is Too Small For An Expat?

Mr Tropic
Posted
Posted

Yea Lee I no what you mean about freezeing the poor wife. When we stay in one of the condos I keep the ac cool to sleep at night and Jen is curled up covered in blankets. Seems most filipinas are that way. On topic our Beach house is 100 sq meters with a large deck and 1200 sq meter beach lot and miles of white sand beach so there is plenty of room to roam. But when we stay in the condos life is certainly different. We have lived in the 38 sq mete studio, to small for me and the wife but the two bedroom which is 78 sq meters is perfect. Gives you some space to get away. If the wife is watching TV I can go read or work on the internet or ? Having the out side terrace in a condo really helps to give you another "place" to hang out Like you say everyone is different. One thing is if you have a big place with extra rooms the wife or GF family my find their way into your life which can make for other problems. I like keeping it simple and just enough for our family. Well if anyone is looking for the condo life in Cebu or the Beach House life let me know. My wife and son and I will go back to Hawaii for a few years so we are selling our properties. Mr. Tropicmrtropic1@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

It's a matter of personal choice. To me the bigger the better. I do not even consider any house less than 170-200m2 living area (a family of 3 with two helpers) ample parking for 2-3 cars, huge lanai, garden and enough lot for a pool. No i am not bragging, i live in Philippines and if i do not live better than my own country then i better move out. If i cannot afford it then i cannot afford the life i want, so if i compromise at least i compromise there where they know me since birth.

• 7 months later...
Okieboy
Posted
Posted

this is small hahahaha, but cheap, when finished it is for my sister in law she has about P15,000 in it, she needs the windows and door and interior , we had to cut two trees so we could build our new house , she will use the lumber for the doors and cabinets.

post-1206-0-03457500-1300834817_thumb.jp

post-1206-0-81732500-1300834893_thumb.jp

post-1206-0-27818000-1300834942_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...
piglett
Posted
Posted (edited)
this is small hahahaha, but cheap, when finished it is for my sister in law she has about P15,000 in it, she needs the windows and door and interior , we had to cut two trees so we could build our new house , she will use the lumber for the doors and cabinets.
I saw many people who had much less house than this & they looked happy this is where i slept while i was in the province, my wife & i brought a mattress with us from Manila & i have to say we slept well except for the dam rosters crowing at 5am : )piglettPS i have also attached a picture of the kitchen & the living roomnow granted i would not to live like that forever but for a couple of weeks ....hey what the hellpost-1506-0-56759900-1306202190_thumb.jp post-1506-0-42239300-1306202230_thumb.jp post-1506-0-58292200-1306202253_thumb.jp Edited by Boss Man
Attached images to the post correctly

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
th_thholysheep.gifThose are better accommodations than I've seen in your typical poorest of the poor makeshift homes made of whatever, where some just have a dirt floor foundation and a hole in the ground for a toilet and showers were out of doors from rain caught in barrels! Been there, done that long long time ago, but now, no thanks! SugarwareZ-034.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I saw many people who had much less house than this & they looked happy this is where i slept while i was in the province, my wife & i brought a mattress with us from Manila & i have to say we slept well except for the dam rosters crowing at 5am : )piglettPS i have also attached a picture of the kitchen & the living roomnow granted i would not to live like that forever but for a couple of weeks ....hey what the hellpost-1506-0-56759900-1306202190_thumb.jp post-1506-0-42239300-1306202230_thumb.jp post-1506-0-58292200-1306202253_thumb.jp
Since marrying my wife, we have spent many a week sleeping in family places similar to that, and often in places not as nice as that.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Since marrying my wife, we have spent many a week sleeping in family places similar to that, and often in places not as nice as that.
You're lucky. I've spent the night in places like that but had to get pretty drunk to sleep. Kept getting bothered with lizards, cockroaches, mice and other vermin once the lights went out and it got quiet. Them little buggers are good at hiding during the day though.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I consider anything under 7 inches small and I will move to the next guy if this occurs.....oh, sorry, thought you meant..never mind.I prefer cozy but with a room off limits to anybody other then myself and lady for privacy....not for ummm, but just to get away from the family of 23 for a few hours to listen to myself think.:AddEmoticons04230:

• 5 months later...
Okieboy
Posted
Posted

my new house is 67 sq meters and plenty big for my wife and son, we added a dirty kitchen and the neighbors ask why, when you have such a big house, hahaha

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
my new house is 67 sq meters and plenty big for my wife and son, we added a dirty kitchen and the neighbors ask why, when you have such a big house, hahaha
We have a small 2 bedroom, 2 bath home with a 2 car garage that sits on a 187 sq meter lot which only cost us P2.5 million in 2001, now doubled in price, but we plan to stay here indefinitely! It'll do for just my wife and I! We have no kids, no live-in maid and no extended family living with us! We're happy where we live! http://www.google.com/search?q=Paseo+de+Sta+Rosa&hl=en&rlz=1G1TSNA_ENPH407&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7U-iTseWF4SuiQe75cHMBg&ved=0CGIQsAQ&biw=1399&bih=794 Check out our photo gallery here: http://www.philippin...deshow&album=36 Edited by Art2ro