American Hotdog

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is bit of an off topic so here it is in off topics.Amazing hey!Anyway curiosity got the better of me while surfing the net,what is the difference with American hot dogs compared to others?In Australia a hot dog is usually a hotdog in a roll with tomato sauce but I believe that the American ones have different toppings on them.What do you put on your dog?See told you was an off topic.post-1-12788230238911_thumb.jpg

Jake
Posted
Posted
This is bit of an off topic so here it is in off topics.Amazing hey!Anyway curiosity got the better of me while surfing the net,what is the difference with American hot dogs compared to others?In Australia a hot dog is usually a hotdog in a roll with tomato sauce but I believe that the American ones have different toppings on them.What do you put on your dog?See told you was an off topic.post-1-12788230238911_thumb.jpg
Hey Boss Man,When I was just 6 years old and "fresh off the boat", I learned that mustard, chopped onions and pickled relish was the traditional standard toppings. Now, anything goes.My old time favorite is still with heaps of saurkraut and mustard and of course chase it all down with some cold beer. Now you got me hungry -- Jake

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

My favorite is the slawdog.  It has the standard american toppings....mustard, onions, and chilly, but it is then topped off with coleslaw.   My favorite place to get them is a locally owned place back home in Tennessee.  I make a point to get some every time I go home. 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh man! My favorite is the "chili dog" with lots of onions! And any sausage links too with any kind of toppings! OK! Here's a few of my favorite toppings in random: creamy horse radish sauce or real mayonnaise, Ketchup, sour kraut, bean sprouts, lettuce or coleslaw, soft semi dried Italian tomatoes, baby cucumbers, Jalapeno peppers, Swiss or Jack cheese. How about sour dough French bread dipped in roast beef drippings? BTW, I put mustard only on my CORN DOGS and "Chinese hot mustard" mixed in with soy sauce on my sweet and sour pork dish (another topic we can get in to later)! What else? :th_th7:Just the thought it makes me hungry! Am I too Americanized for a Fil/Am? Yes, I think so! I don't eat that much rice like your average Filipino, just half cup a day on the average! :welcome:23_11_60[2].gif7_4_17[1].gif

Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Oh man! My favorite is the "chili dog" with lots of onions! And any sausage links too with any kind of toppings! Just the thought it makes me hungry! :welcome:23_11_60[2].gif7_4_17[1].gif
Hey ArtThe toppings are what I am interested in,can you elaborate to what they are for you. Dont ask why,lol.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Oh man! My favorite is the "chili dog" with lots of onions! And any sausage links too with any kind of toppings! Just the thought it makes me hungry! :welcome:23_11_60[2].gif7_4_17[1].gif
Hey ArtThe toppings are what I am interested in,can you elaborate to what they are for you. Dont ask why,lol.
Read my re edit of my original post above! That should do it for toppings eh! Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

MikeB
Posted
Posted

When I saw this topic I was sure it was about Lebron James.Imo, the best is a Sabrett frank off a NY "hot dog" cart. Mustard, sauerkraut, onions. Hold the tomato sauce.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:morning1:   :welcome:  I just woke up a short while ago and this topic is making my mouth water. :565:   When I grew up, up North in the US and in my teenage years, we used to have a Sabrett hotdog carts parked along the road and this one older Greek gentleman had one that I got hooked on and used to go there for lunch a few days a week. I still remember a soda and 5 or 6 hotdogs costing me only $5 back then.  :D  After all, I was a growing boy. :lol:  He had the best cooked onions and would serve me double dogs on one large non standard roll with those fantastic cooked onions and when he finally retired and went back to Greece, I never could find any other cart that made the same great tasting onions. I also like Nathans dogs with sauerkraut and mustard but nothing will ever be as good as those hotdogs with cooked onions that I got from that cart early on in my life and I still wish that someone in Cebu would have a good Sabrett dog with those same great onions.    :7_4_17[1]:   Almost as good as sex back in those days, well at least during work hours2245_safe.gif Speaking of hotdogs, I still have not found a good one served in Cebu City or that we could even buy in Cebu in a supermarket.   :7_4_17[1]:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:lol: :welcome: I just woke up a short while ago and this topic is making my mouth water. :565: When I grew up, up North in the US and in my teenage years, we used to have a Sabrett hotdog carts parked along the road and this one older Greek gentleman had one that I got hooked on and used to go there for lunch a few days a week. I still remember a soda and 5 or 6 hotdogs costing me only $5 back then. :D After all, I was a growing boy. :lol: He had the best cooked onions and would serve me double dogs on one large non standard roll with those fantastic cooked onions and when he finally retired and went back to Greece, I never could find any other cart that made the same great tasting onions. I also like Nathans dogs with sauerkraut and mustard but nothing will ever be as good as those hotdogs with cooked onions that I got from that cart early on in my life and I still wish that someone in Cebu would have a good Sabrett dog with those same great onions. :7_4_17[1]: Almost as good as sex back in those days, well at least during work hours. 2245_safe.gif Speaking of hotdogs, I still have not found a good one served in Cebu City or that we could even buy in Cebu in a supermarket. :7_4_17[1]:
The one thing I noticed is there are a huge amount of freezer space for got dogs in the supermarket,oh and some space for fresh too.We do buy a few hot dogs to cook when I'm there and they seem OK to me. They must be popular with the locals for them to carry so much stock I would think.Anyway,you are probably wondering why I asked about hot dogs and the toppings,you see I'm thinking of making a movie,it will be called "American Hot dog In Cebu" and I am looking for extras,lolJust kidding :D :morning1:

Jake
Posted
Posted
:lol: :welcome: I just woke up a short while ago and this topic is making my mouth water. :565: When I grew up, up North in the US and in my teenage years, we used to have a Sabrett hotdog carts parked along the road and this one older Greek gentleman had one that I got hooked on and used to go there for lunch a few days a week. I still remember a soda and 5 or 6 hotdogs costing me only $5 back then. :D After all, I was a growing boy. :lol: He had the best cooked onions and would serve me double dogs on one large non standard roll with those fantastic cooked onions and when he finally retired and went back to Greece, I never could find any other cart that made the same great tasting onions. I also like Nathans dogs with sauerkraut and mustard but nothing will ever be as good as those hotdogs with cooked onions that I got from that cart early on in my life and I still wish that someone in Cebu would have a good Sabrett dog with those same great onions. :7_4_17[1]: Almost as good as sex back in those days, well at least during work hours. 2245_safe.gif Speaking of hotdogs, I still have not found a good one served in Cebu City or that we could even buy in Cebu in a supermarket. :7_4_17[1]:
The one thing I noticed is there are a huge amount of freezer space for got dogs in the supermarket,oh and some space for fresh too.We do buy a few hot dogs to cook when I'm there and they seem OK to me. They must be popular with the locals for them to carry so much stock I would think.Anyway,you are probably wondering why I asked about hot dogs and the toppings,you see I'm thinking of making a movie,it will be called "American Hot dog In Cebu" and I am looking for extras,lolJust kidding :D :morning1:
Making a movie?? OK, I'm there as your little wiener hot dog. I will bring my coconuts too!I get no respect sometimes -- Jake