What Id To Carry

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
 As far as carrying any required ID's (LTO drivers license, ACR or passport), I would rather laser copy all of those and get them laminated tolook like the originals.  Any ideas whether it's against regs to copy the photo page of your passport, reducedin size.  I would rather carry that around instead?Respectfully -- Jake
Edited by Mr. Lee
split from another topic

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
 As far as carrying any required ID's (LTO drivers license, ACR or passport), I would rather laser copy all of those and get them laminated tolook like the originals.  Any ideas whether it's against regs to copy the photo page of your passport, reducedin size.  I would rather carry that around instead?Respectfully -- Jake
As what id to carry, I just carry my US drivers license or one of my other licenses for id and a plain photo copy of my passport. The passport copy is probably OK but it would not do for BI because you need the stamped page as well. I would say that it has to be legal for US passport holders to photo copy because it says on page 3 of a US passport to make two copies of your passport id page and to carry one and leave one at home or with a friend, and does not say anything about laser copies, so as long as a person does not try to pass it off as a real passport then then it should be legal IMO.

Jake
Posted
Posted
As far as carrying any required ID's (LTO drivers license, ACR or passport), I would rather laser copy all of those and get them laminated to look like the originals. Any ideas whether it's against regs to copy the photo page of your passport, reduced in size. I would rather carry that around instead?Respectfully -- Jake
As what id to carry, I just carry my US drivers license or one of my other licenses for id and a plain photo copy of my passport. The passport copy is probably OK but it would not do for BI because you need the stamped page as well. I would say that it has to be legal for US passport holders to photo copy because it says on page 3 of a US passport to make two copies of your passport id page and to carry one and leave one at home or with a friend, and does not say anything about laser copies, so as long as a person does not try to pass it off as a real passport then then it should be legal IMO.
Thanks Lee for clarifying that. It does not have to be laser copy as long as the colors, details and size are closeto the originals and then laminated. Respectfully -- Jake

Mik
Posted
Posted

When I go out, I only carry a photo ID and my ATM card..

• 8 months later...
Mavrick
Posted
Posted

What if you have the new U.S. Passport Card?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What if you have the new U.S. Passport Card?
That would be OK to carry. The only problem with carrying any hard to replace foreign id is, that if you lose it or it gets stolen. This is an older thread, so new rules now say that once a person lives here beyond the first visa renewal, then they will have to have an ACR-I card and must carry that by law.

brock
Posted
Posted

I am almost sure that I have read somewhere that it is the law that you must carry your passport with you at all times, And that a photo copy is not acceptable.And yet if you book into a hotel they want your passport ?.

• 2 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I just carry I just carry my TIN ID card & NBI renewal cardmy ACR CARD is left at home, so it would not be lost

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
I just carry I just carry my TIN ID card & NBI renewal card, my ACR CARD is left at home, so it would not be lost
I don't worry too much about losing anything on my person, because we hardly ever ride in jeepneys or tricycles and just have on me, a few pesos, my local ATM card and my P.I. driver's license in my belly bag, because my driver's license has my local home address on it and it says on the license that I'm a Filipino! Every thing else is at home in a heavy duty fire/water proof safe and our home is plenty safe and secure from thieves! We have 2 armed security guards at the gate entrance, 4 other roving guards 24/7 and the guard house is just adjacent from our property and have good visible view of our home as to who is coming and going!

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
I just carry I just carry my TIN ID card & NBI renewal cardmy ACR CARD is left at home, so it would not be lost
Chack the back of the ACR-I card. You are required to carry it with you at all times. Regards: Jim