I Have Won The Lottery

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well guys, just in time for Christmas I have won the lottery :lol: Just pulling ya legNow if I played in the Philippines and won the big one, as a foreigner am I entitled to it ?I have seen big queues at times with people lining up for tickets but have not bought one yet.As a bit of a gambler when it comes to lotteries tickets I'm wondering if its worth entering next visit. xmastree.gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have wondered the same thing .... in the states it doesn't matter who you are (except under aged) you will win the money ....... they just hold out more IRS contributions if you don't have a SS number

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I have wondered the same thing .... in the states it doesn't matter who you are (except under aged) you will win the money ....... they just hold out more IRS contributions if you don't have a SS number
I believe in California at least you have to be a legal resident to win. This stems from when an Illegal Alien won $1,000,000 a number of years ago. Don't know for sure about in the Philippines. Maybe it would be better to have your SO collect it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I believe in California at least you have to be a legal resident to win. This stems from when an Illegal Alien won $1,000,000 a number of years ago. Don't know for sure about in the Philippines. Maybe it would be better to have your SO collect it.
Then you would surely know if she loves you for you or for your money. SugarwareZ-004.gif My guess is that most would still be with you the next day. :lol:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Then you would surely know if she loves you for you or for your money. SugarwareZ-004.gif My guess is that most would still be with you the next day. :lol:
Most of the money or most of the filipinas? :D :o

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I always joke around with my wife that she won the lottery when she married me but unfortunately she had to take all the losing tickets as well. :lol:

Steve
Posted
Posted
I always joke around with my wife that she won the lottery when she married me but unfortunately she had to take all the losing tickets as well. :lol:
I think you and i split all the losing tickets.............LOL

Mik
Posted
Posted

I feel a moral reluctance to play the lottery. If I won then the winnings would be largely taken from poor people. Let one of them win it.

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted
I feel a moral reluctance to play the lottery. If I won then the winnings would be largely taken from poor people. Let one of them win it.
I never quite thought of lottery that way.. But you have a good point, there... christmas_emoticons_187.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We usually do not play but if we did and if we won, I would find a way to give the money to people who need it. Maybe start a food for the poor or rice to distribute up in the mountains of Mindanao or something like that and maybe even hire a doctor and nurse to give some heath care to the poor but that is all a pipe dream because, as I said, we usually do not even play because I really do not wish to change our life in any way except to possibly help the poor of the Philippines.