American Man And Four Others Shot Dead

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, gated community with guards,whats up doc?????5 shot dead in Philippines MANILA - AN AMERICAN man and four others were found shot dead at his rented home in the northern Philippines on Thursday, police said. Albert Mitchell, described as an elderly US citizen, was attacked along with three women and another man who lived with him at the house inside the gated community in Angeles, about two hours' drive north of Manila, police said. Police are looking for a single suspect, a man who had visited Mitchell earlier on Thursday before the bodies were discovered by a security guard at the housing enclave, said the city police chief, Superintendent Danilo Bautista. The motive for the attack was not known. US embassy spokesmen in Manila could not be immediately reached for comment. -- AFP

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

When the article mentioned Angeles City, no wonder! That place is a haven for all the crimes anyone can imagine like those that go on in the bad and seedy places in and around the Manila area! When I was stationed in Clark AB, Angeles City between '68 to '71, it was much worst where military and local civilians were getting killed on a daily basis until Marshal Law was declared my the Marcos regime I beleive in September of 1971! Looks like that the 5 people killed in Angeles City was just an isolated incident that could happen anywhere! SugarwareZ-004.gifSugarwareZ-002.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When the article mentioned Angeles City, no wonder! That place is a haven for all the crimes anyone can imagine like those that go on in the bad and seedy places in and around the Manila area! When I was stationed in Clark AB, Angeles City between '68 to '71, it was much worst where military and local civilians were getting killed on a daily basis until Marshal Law was declared my the Marcos regime I beleive in September of 1971! Looks like that the 5 people killed in Angeles City was just an isolated incident that could happen anywhere! SugarwareZ-004.gifSugarwareZ-002.gif
Maybe so but the fact is the seedy or nightlife areas are small in comparison of Angele's city as a whole.You cant say a subdivision is representative of the whole city?????

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

HERE is some more info on the killing. Seems it was probably a robbery and the news story says "This was the third robbery with murder since last week. A Briton and a Canadian were the previous victims, it was learned." The have nots will always want what the haves have, so it seems living too high end a life in a poor country might sometimes lead to problems if one is not very careful, and yet another reason to live in a condo IMO. Not saying that it cannot also happen in a condo but so far I have not read any news stories of anything like this happening in a condo, but the year is not over yet   :cheers: and as the economy gets worse, people will unfortunately do what they have to do to feed their families, it is called survival. 

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Once again the plot thickens and money seems to be the key to the crime. It would seem to me that a person should never lend more money than a person can pay to have you killed for. Jonner Alarcon Adraneda, older brother of Janet, said he talked to his sister at around 8: a.m. on Thursday.He said her sister confided to him about a huge amount of cash she had lent to some of her friends. She also told him she was having difficulties collecting the money from the borrowers.

softail
Posted
Posted
Once again the plot thickens and money seems to be the key to the crime. It would seem to me that a person should never lend more money than a person can pay to have you killed for. Jonner Alarcon Adraneda, older brother of Janet, said he talked to his sister at around 8: a.m. on Thursday.He said her sister confided to him about a huge amount of cash she had lent to some of her friends. She also told him she was having difficulties collecting the money from the borrowers.
That is a very good point you made there. Someone could just decide to take the "cheap" way out and have you killed. The way I have handled lending money is that I have lent some money to a family member knowing in the back of my mind I would never see the money again. I have considered it an investment in a way, an investment in peace of mind. Now when we are approached by another family member for a loan I simply refer them to the guy that owes me money, tell them they can get it from him. Now he is the bad guy and I am off the hook for loans. I consider it $100 well invested.Doug and Sally

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
HERE is some more info on the killing. Seems it was probably a robbery and the news story says "This was the third robbery with murder since last week. A Briton and a Canadian were the previous victims, it was learned." The have nots will always want what the haves have, so it seems living too high end a life in a poor country might sometimes lead to problems if one is not very careful, and yet another reason to live in a condo IMO. Not saying that it cannot also happen in a condo but so far I have not read any news stories of anything like this happening in a condo, but the year is not over yet :cheersty: and as the economy gets worse, people will unfortunately do what they have to do to feed their families, it is called survival.
The guard was real bright or in on it in some way. :cheers:

Mik
Posted
Posted

Neither a borrower nor a lender be. .

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It now seems that no only can money be a problem but they seem to suspect that the killer is going after bank accounts and pensions of the men he killed according to this news report. Probably best to not be a lender and also to not tell people too much about where your income comes from. Bautista said there are indications that Dizon could also have been the culprit in the fatal shooting of South African Geoffrey Allan Bennun, 60, and his live-in partner, Abegail Helina, 20, whose decomposing bodies were found inside their house at Oasis Hotel and Villas in Clarkville Compound in Barangay Anunas here on July 12. “There seems to be a pattern in all these cases. A 9 mm pistol was used to shoot the victims and the bullets gathered in all cases indicate they came from one firearm,” Bautista said. He also noted that in all the separate cases, the suspect seemed particularly interested on the laptops of the victims and left behind jewelry and other personal valuables. “I think we could uncover other things in this peculiarity. It is possible that the suspect wanted some information on the computers that could enable him to transfer bank accounts or get access to the pensions of the foreigners,” Bautista said. Computer technician hunted for Angeles slays

Travis
Posted
Posted

money is the root of all evil so maybe it is good that I am poor SugarwareZ-004.gif does anyone feel like giving away their fortune so I can find out if I am wrong SugarwareZ-005.gif