Mandaue As Place To Live?

DScott
Posted
Posted

Howdy Do any members live in Mandaue Cebu?I would like information such as, is it a good area? close to the needs of an expat,rental prices etc.Thanks for any information at all and much appreciated.Don

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like everything else it's up to the individual taste. I have friend who rents a 3 bedroom apptment for 8,000 pesos per month..unfurnished . It cost him about 60,000 pesos for the necessaries...bed, tv, m'wave, lounge suite, etc. It's not a bad location...10 mins walk to the mall....not too bad a spot...more locals than expats but quiet enough.Depends what suits you, how particular you are. Seen posts here about the 'jumped up' 2 bob snobs with their airs and graces in sub-divisions, etc....c'est la vie!Can't please everyone...I even offered a genuine income opportunity here but was shut down cos some misery mis- interpreted it as self gain and informed the site owner. Didn't have the brain to see it was a team effort and all could benefit...ho hum!Wherever you decide to go you will always find some one, whether local or expat whose head is up their arse and holier than thou.Mandaue, Minglanila, the city, Pardo, Toledo, Talisay...........same same

Edited by roy2cebu

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Like everything else it's up to the individual taste. I have friend who rents a 3 bedroom apptment for 8,000 pesos per month..unfurnished . It cost him about 60,000 pesos for the necessaries...bed, tv, m'wave, lounge suite, etc. It's not a bad location...10 mins walk to the mall....not too bad a spot...more locals than expats but quiet enough.Depends what suits you, how particular you are. Seen posts here about the 'jumped up' 2 bob snobs with their airs and graces in sub-divisions, etc....c'est la vie!Can't please everyone...I even offered a genuine income opportunity here but was shut down cos some misery mis- interpreted it as self gain and informed the site owner. Didn't have the brain to see it was a team effort and all could benefit...ho hum!Wherever you decide to go you will always find some one, whether local or expat whose head is up their arse and holier than thou.Mandaue, Minglanila, the city, Pardo, Toledo, Talisay...........same same
Get out of the wrong side of the bed today did we? :th_thholysheep:

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wrong side of bed? Why would that be? For giving a blunt observation as opposed to a false rosy tinted glass view? Are you out of bed yet?I tell it as I see it. Wrong or right? That's up to personal interpretation. One thing for sure..whatever side of bed I get out off I will always give my honest opinion.Hope this isn't a place that frowns upon that and only desires nicey, nicey views...which is then only self deceiving.

Edited by roy2cebu

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wrong side of bed? Why would that be? For giving a blunt observation as opposed to a false rosy tinted glass view? Are you out of bed yet?I tell it as I see it. Wrong or right? That's up to personal interpretation. One thing for sure..whatever side of bed I get out off I will always give my honest opinion.Hope this isn't a place that frowns upon that and only desires nicey, nicey views...which is then only self deceiving.
Well how about you stick with what the question was from the OP,we don't want to talk about the rest here in this thread,now the question was about Mandaue,here it is again
Howdy Do any members live in Mandaue Cebu?I would like information such as, is it a good area? close to the needs of an expat,rental prices etc.Thanks for any information at all and much appreciated.Don

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Mandaue is a fabulous place! Has all emenities. Close to malls. Jollibee there is best in Philippines. The greatest place on Cebu Ialand to live. Hope you enjoy it!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Mandaue is a fabulous place! Has all emenities. Close to malls. Jollibee there is best in Philippines. The greatest place on Cebu Ialand to live. Hope you enjoy it!
Firstly Don, I apologize for hijacking this topic.Now Roy,whats with the attitude?What are you saying here in this quote?, all of Mandaue has snobs or are you saying that the members here who post saying they live in a subdivision are snobs.
Depends what suits you, how particular you are. Seen posts here about the 'jumped up' 2 bob snobs with their airs and graces in sub-divisions, etc....c'est la vie!
What has this got to do with the OPs question,incidentally I sorted that out with you in a PM about MLM schemes.
Can't please everyone...I even offered a genuine income opportunity here but was shut down cos some misery mis- interpreted it as self gain and informed the site owner. Didn't have the brain to see it was a team effort and all could benefit...ho hum!
So I don't know what is the problem here but its obvious that from your last reply you have decided to be sarcastic.

UZI
Posted
Posted
..........and it seems you chose Australia, for your own reasons Ray.What you say is in part correct. Every area has it's good parts & bad. Don, you need to set your priorities out. What makes a good place for YOU. Lots of people to socialize with? Or peace & quiet? Near to the 'action'? Or do you mean where other Expats live?Uzi

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Howdy Do any members live in Mandaue Cebu?I would like information such as, is it a good area? close to the needs of an expat,rental prices etc.Thanks for any information at all and much appreciated.Don
Hi Don. The Mandaue City area seems to have some good and some bad but I happen to like that area and find the prices of rentals and homes that I have seen listed fairly reasonable. Forum members will always have different points of view, and some who have been taken advantage of or burnt will often be negative about the Philippines and probably rightfully so because of the bad things that happened to them, but if a person learns some of the language or has a good partner who is by their side all the time, then that partner should make sure they do not get burned in most transactions. My wife has helped me along the way from day one and had helped me until I learned some of the language, and I have found that once most locals know that we are not tourists then they do not try to take advantage of us as often, and when they do then I will speak up nicely and not allow them to take advantage of me and that makes life go much smoother while living anywhere in the Philippines for me. I would definitely give Mandaue a try because it is close to the city and also pretty close to Mactan, so if you or anyone plans to do a lot of traveling by plane then it would also be a very convenient place to live. As Uzi said, a lot will depend on what you seek in a place to live. 

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hi Uzi, (btw it's Roy), I ended up in Australia because was on vacation there and met my Filipino wife. A widow with 2 young boys..now 21 and 23. That's how I became involved with the Philippines and it's high's and low's, good and bad.BM..Wasn't saying that people in sub-divisions are snobs, only referring to posts where encounters have been had with those living beyond their means, being something they are not and disappearing into the dark, leaving unpaid debts behind. All fur coat and no knickers. And those who try and impose their snob opinions on those who don't care for it.So Don, apologies for my deviation in parts off the topic but Uzi put it in a nutshell.......Don, you need to set your priorities out. What makes a good place for YOU. Lots of people to socialize with? Or peace & quiet? Near to the 'action'? Or do you mean where other Expats live?