Condo Prices In The Us For Less Than The Rp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If this keeps up then prices for condos in the Philippines might have to follow or many IMO may move back to the US, or never leave. Condos for less than a new car

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's good for Florida prices for condos! I would prefer a Hawaii type climate or somewhere in Southern California, but I'm sure nothing there will be for that low of a price! If it were, I'd be shopping around for a condo or townhouse by now! It's still all about location, location, location! We wouldn't want to live in a depressed area in an undesirable neighborhood just because the housing market is cheap! And what about essential services like law enforcement, medical facilities, accessible ground and air transportation etc? Plenty to consider before thinking about residing in the U.S. again. But, it's still not out of the realm of possibilities in the years we still have left to live! Just have to wait and see in a few years, but not wait too long or we'll all be stuck right where we are for better or for worst, but it's still not a bad thing as long as our homes are paid for and we are stable financially in the long run! So for now, it has to be the Philippines for us, because it's still way affordable to live here even though medical, food, gas prices and electricity are going up in cost!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
That's good for Florida prices for condos! I would prefer a Hawaii type climate or somewhere in Southern California, but I'm sure nothing there will be for that low of a price! If it were, I'd be shopping around for a condo or townhouse by now! It's still all about location, location, location! We wouldn't want to live in a depressed area in an undesirable neighborhood just because the housing market is cheap! And what about essential services like law enforcement, medical facilities, accessible ground and air transportation etc? Plenty to consider before thinking about residing in the U.S. again. But, it's still not out of the realm of possibilities in the years we still have left to live! Just have to wait and see in a few years, but not wait too long or we'll all be stuck right where we are for better or for worst, but it's still not a bad thing as long as our homes are paid for and we are stable financially in the long run! So for now, it has to be the Philippines for us, because it's still way affordable to live here even though medical, food, gas prices and electricity are going up in cost!
Well to address what you wrote, the first two places on the list were in Florida but it seems home prices everywhere have dropped and the third place on the list was Glendale Arizona at $19,000, #4 was a 2 bedroom condo in Brooklyn Park, Minn. for $32,000, #5 was a 2 bedroom unit in Warner Robins, Ga. for $35,000 and so on. So while I do not know about most of the other places on the list, I can tell you that some beautiful homes and condos are going for a song when compared to what they were selling for a few years ago.As for distressed areas, that just about describes most of the US now and the first area on the list Deerfield Beach was recently rated by Money Magazine the top place to live for affordable homes. It's just north of Fort Lauderdale on the Atlantic Coast and less than an hour from the attractions of Miami, and I have been to that area and most of it is pretty nice. One condo I recently looked up was in Las Vegas in a nice part of Henderson and up on the ridge where a former friend of mine used to live, and when he sold it in a distress sale a few years ago it went for over 200K and now can be bought for under $70,000 and it was a 2/2 with a fireplace, and some nice size rooms. Art,  I believe you are going to find that prices have come down even in California and while I do not personally know about Hawaii, I have been told they have come down there drastically too. The interesting thing I was trying to allude to was that prices in many places are now lower than smaller homes can be bought for in the Philippines, so I believe when some US people find that to be the case then there may no longer be such a demand in parts of the Philippines and a price correction may follow.Here is one site I use to look at condo prices all over and all you have to do is type in the area and state you wish to find prices in. Condo.com Off topic but Homes can be searched for HERE

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well to address what you wrote, the first two places on the list were in Florida but it seems home prices everywhere have dropped and the third place on the list was Glendale Arizona at $19,000, #4 was a 2 bedroom condo in Brooklyn Park, Minn. for $32,000, #5 was a 2 bedroom unit in Warner Robins, Ga. for $35,000 and so on. So while I do not know about most of the other places on the list, I can tell you that some beautiful homes and condos are going for a song when compared to what they were selling for a few years ago.As for distressed areas, that just about describes most of the US now and the first area on the list Deerfield Beach was recently rated by Money Magazine the top place to live for affordable homes. It's just north of Fort Lauderdale on the Atlantic Coast and less than an hour from the attractions of Miami, and I have been to that area and most of it is pretty nice. One condo I recently looked up was in Las Vegas in a nice part of Henderson and up on the ridge where a former friend of mine used to live, and when he sold it in a distress sale a few years ago it went for over 200K and now can be bought for under $70,000 and it was a 2/2 with a fireplace, and some nice size rooms. Art, I believe you are going to find that prices have come down even in California and while I do not personally know about Hawaii, I have been told they have come down there drastically too. The interesting thing I was trying to allude to was that prices in many places are now lower than smaller homes can be bought for in the Philippines, so I believe when some US people find that to be the case then there may no longer be such a demand in parts of the Philippines and a price correction may follow.Here is one site I use to look at condo prices all over and all you have to do is type in the area and state you wish to find prices in. Condo.com Off topic but Homes can be searched for HERE
Put me down for two of your best :3_8_14[1]:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I believe you are going to find that prices have come down even in California and while I do not personally know about Hawaii, I have been told they have come down there drastically too. The interesting thing I was trying to allude to was that prices in many places are now lower than smaller homes can be bought for in the Philippines, so I believe when some US people find that to be the case then there may no longer be such a demand in parts of the Philippines and a price correction may follow.
Yeah, that would be nice! Just have to find the right condo or rest house by the beach when prices come down! California prices are still out of our reach! I guess the Philippines is it for us! At least now, we can save extra money to take decent long vacations anywhere once or twice a year! SugarwareZ-005.gif23_11_59[1].gif23_11_60[2].gif Edited by MrBBtheFilAm

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
many IMO may move back to the US, or never leave.
You are only focusing on one issue.What about the important issues!If I drink my 20 stubbies of beer each day in a girlie bar in the USA, how much extra will that cost?Regards; Jim

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
many IMO may move back to the US, or never leave.
You are only focusing on one issue.What about the important issues!If I drink my 20 stubbies of beer each day in a girlie bar in the USA, how much extra will that cost?Regards; Jim
Yup Jim you are correct, but in the past I have pointed out that electric also cost more in Cebu than where we live the rest of the year in Florida, and in fact we can air condition a whole house in Florida which is about double the size of our condo in Cebu and the bills are still much lower in Florida. There are many things which cost less in Cebu but beer for instances is about the same in Florida when on sale and bought in the supermarkets or discount places such as Costco, so IMO the way things are heading in the Philippines and with adding in the cost of immigration fees and leaving out the women issue,   SugarwareZ-004.gif  it might not be long before it may be less expensive or cost the same to live within the US than in the Philippines, and some who do not go out and party all the time may find that they do not wish to move, or no longer wish to stay. We love it in both places, so I just felt that I should point out that a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in many places in the US now cost from half to about the same as what a studio in Cebu cost, and the studios in Cebu are about one third or one forth the size, so there may end up a price correction in the Philippines someday when and if supply exceeds demand.  Lets face it, younger singles guys and even some older guys who like to play will most likely always find it more fun in the Philippines, but for old farts like me who are already retired and settled down and spend very little time in the bars there, and spend more time in our homes or with friends, we are slowly finding that it is becoming more and more expensive to enjoy our life within the Philippines. No place is perfect and I surely would not tell people to not retire to the Philippines, but at the same time I would tell the Philippine government that they might think about some of the issues and try to make life less expensive when at all possible, and more convenient for expats whenever and wherever they can, if they wish more to come and spend their money there, that is if it is not their idea to just make the Philippines a place just for players to live or visit.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Oh you said Condo's. Excuse me.Home prices have fallen drasticly so condo's are much harder to sell as well.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Forgot to ask before! If the market is depressed with a lot of really low prices on homes and condos, do the HOA and property taxes come down too proportionately or are present owners now are stuck with it without any future reassessments to adjust property taxes or HOA dues? Would anyone leave their younger spouses with high property taxes and HOAs to pay when they pass on someday? The owning of the two property situation in the RP and U.S. may take it's toll financially on the surviving spouse unless she is left with a sizable life insurance policy or have a good rental income property with a good positive cash flow! How much more will the recession affect the qualify of life in the U.S. and overseas? Will it improve or get worst? Still a scary thought, because it's getting to the point where it will be of equal living costs between the RP and stateside! If that's the case, more and more foreigners may consider moving back to their home land and screw the Philippines!

Mik
Posted
Posted

If they were giving away free condos I still wouldn't move back. No way..