How Would I Go About Shipping Things To Arkansas?

Balintawak
Posted
Posted

Great info love2!:wt-hell:

Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)

Damn Traveler.....hate to see you leave the Philippines before we even had a chance to meet. All your points are valid concerns and many my own complaints. Rents are VERY cheap out in the Vegas area, and Phoenix....so you can lock into a good deal for a few years now in a nice complex, and then play slots to supplement your income. mailhappy.gifBut seriously, make sure the area you are looking is in a non gang area, as some low income places are. The last thing you want is to feel less safe in the States....oh, and to keep this on topic, yes, you can ship any and all your stuff back as was told, but it is not worth it. Just sell the stuff...unless it is sentimental and contain memories (I shipped a metal statue of the twin towers with a never forget honor given to me from a welder friend that means too much to not have, and will go wherever I go, no matter the cost to ship it), all other stuff can be bought cheaper in walmart then the shipping costs. Some of the complaints you have are real...the exchange rate, the silly electric costs...and I mean laugh out loud corrupt silly...the water shortage in a tropical island and yes, even TV, as my biggest miss will be the NFL, especially in high def and seeing all games with directv football package. You mean...you are not getting tired of the repeats for 4 seasons ago of shows?...and the bleeping out select words on HBO, while they miss half of them anyway? The only TV plus is they show the UFC PPV events for free, and I always shelled out the near 50 dollars every time they were on. If you are on social security it has to be hard.....and I like you will in no way ever enjoy philippino food, the worst in the world..well, aside from some places in Africa where they eat huge beetles. And there are times I bet they are more tasty (if they use the right amount of garlic and onion on the coating) then the crap they call food in the PI. Sorry, but if somebody actually says they like the food here, they are probably from the U.K. 1%20%28172%29.gifJust teasing my UK friends. :714_full_of_crap:

Edited by Inspector

Travis
Posted
Posted
Damn Traveler.....hate to see you leave the Philippines before we even had a chance to meet. All your points are valid concerns and many my own complaints. Rents are VERY cheap out in the Vegas area, and Phoenix....so you can lock into a good deal for a few years now in a nice complex, and then play slots to supplement your income. mailhappy.gifBut seriously, make sure the area you are looking is in a non gang area, as some low income places are. The last thing you want is to feel less safe in the States....oh, and to keep this on topic, yes, you can ship any and all your stuff back as was told, but it is not worth it. Just sell the stuff...unless it is sentimental and contain memories (I shipped a metal statue of the twin towers with a never forget honor given to me from a welder friend that means too much to not have, and will go wherever I go, no matter the cost to ship it), all other stuff can be bought cheaper in walmart then the shipping costs. Some of the complaints you have are real...the exchange rate, the silly electric costs...and I mean laugh out loud corrupt silly...the water shortage in a tropical island and yes, even TV, as my biggest miss will be the NFL, especially in high def and seeing all games with directv football package. You mean...you are not getting tired of the repeats for 4 seasons ago of shows?...and the bleeping out select words on HBO, while they miss half of them anyway? The only TV plus is they show the UFC PPV events for free, and I always shelled out the near 50 dollars every time they were on. If you are on social security it has to be hard.....and I like you will in no way ever enjoy philippino food, the worst in the world..well, aside from some places in Africa where they eat huge beetles. And there are times I bet they are more tasty (if they use the right amount of garlic and onion on the coating) then the crap they call food in the PI. Sorry, but if somebody actually says they like the food here, they are probably from the U.K. 1%20%28172%29.gifJust teasing my UK friends. :714_full_of_crap:
thank you inspector. I am not much of a people person & more of a loner & have not tried to meet up with others here in the last year or so coz I got burned the first few that I did meet up with coz they were after money & I have little to waste or a few had filthy dirty mouths where every second word out of their mouth was trash & they spoke that way in front of theirs & my lady at the time so I often watch them interact at a distance nowadays. I did meet up with Lee coz I had spoke to him before the move over & I met with a couple others who turned out to be nice too so all is not lost. I will take everyones advice if I leave & just sell it all or give it all away to a needy family & have Lee bring some back some in his empty suitcases for me since he offered but for now I am still not sure I want to leave & just thinking hard about it :Mad:123

Mik
Posted
Posted
120 Days to Go Until the Largest US Tax Hikes in History Besides high taxes, how much more will you pay for medical care and various kinds of insurance? The US is also facing a record cold winter. How much will you spend heating your home?.

Travis
Posted
Posted
120 Days to Go Until the Largest US Tax Hikes in History Besides high taxes, how much more will you pay for medical care and various kinds of insurance? The US is also facing a record cold winter. How much will you spend heating your home?.
I do not pay any taxes coz all I have is ss so once I empty my bank account & hide it in the mattress then maybe I could play the game & get some government handouts like the illegals do now. :D yeah I see it now food stamps & susidized housing & all I have to do is stick myself in a bb box & ship myself back :) oh & I will be eligible for medicare before long so another freebie. :wt-hell: the US is sounding better all the time thanks for reminding me. :SugarwareZ-037: oh & the cold winters are the landlords problem & I can always do what some poor people do & burn tires & garbage to stay warm :kidding: I wonder what clean air will smell like once I get out of the bb box :wt-hell: so how come there are no bb boxes going the other way? it would seem that the ships have to go back with cargo so maybe that might be a good business to run shipping boxes back for crazy people like me :kidding:

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

...and where else can you buy 15 year old rum (Tanduay) for only P250? Not in the US..

Edited by Mik

Travis
Posted
Posted
...and where else can you buy 15 year old rum (Tanduay) for only P250? Not in the US..
mik I do not doubt that rum is less expensive here & so are taxis & buses & drinking water although I am not so sure any are very safe :no: & then some other items but overall life in the city is not cheap if I try to keep up my American lifestyle while living in a much smaller box to try to save on cooling costs & rents so as most people say different strokes for different folks & if it was my aim to spend my life here drinking then :yes: it would be less expensive for the booze. I am still in the planning stages & it took me years to decide to come here & I do like it here it is just that many things do not seem to make much sense to this old country boy. well back to my topic I have come to the conclusion that shipping in is inexpensive & shipping back is expensive like most other conveniencess here so :wt-hell: to all for your suggestions & thoughts & I am still opened to a cheap way to get stuff home in case I decide to go so has anyone taken a cargo ship voyage? how would I go about arranging 1? how much luggage would 1 allow? maybe I can be a stowaway :lol:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello My Friend,An old country boy eh! Well, the Philippines isn't that kind of an old country lifestyle! I'm amazed as to what got you here in the first place besides the low cost of living, where as of today's prices here in the Philippines rent, food and utilities are up there already! Yeah, your social security pension just may suffice in returning to the U.S. where prices are still coming down. The website link you provided on another thread showed how low apt rents are in Arkansas! Not bad at all for a single person! Yeah, at my old age of 62, I tend to cherish my solitude more as to stay away from obnoxious, annoying people, loud clubs, traffic and noisy domestic pets or farm animals! Our lifestyle at the present is just that, heavenly peace and quiet! We have finally found our niche in this little piece of paradise island we call home in a 3rd world country! It isn't perfect, but it will do! Anyway, I hope you get to where you want to go and find your own niche in a good and safe area where you plan to live! Take care! P.S. Getting back to your topic, I still say it's better to sell and or get rid of everything and travel light. Just shipcertain things home that you won't ever part with! As for working on a ship for your passage, I'm sure they still to do it as long as you have some skills they can use abroad their ship and don't discriminate against your age, just have to talk to the right people in the overseas shipping line business. I read somewhere too that the airline courier services do have it where you can be a courier and work for your passage. Good luck! Art

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Mik
Posted
Posted

Before going back to US, maybe try one more thing. Move way out to the province far from cities and find a stout farm lass from an honest family that knows how to handle a carabao and plow and the other things that go with farm life. It would be a lot healthier living the pastoral life. Better to live closer to natural surroundings than near Wal-Mart..