How Rich Is Rich In The Philippines?

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Money is the tool to comforts and not to happiness. How rich is rich? depends where you live. Go to tawi-tawi and i guarantee you that an income of 5000$/year will consider you rich. Go to Forbes park and if you make anything less than 500-1.000.000/year does not qualify you entrance to their club.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Years ago, Filipinos would ask me if I was a millionare. I would always say no. Because I was not worth a million dollars.It was not until I saw an add in SM Mall. It said something like ............... Live the Millionare's lifestyle, win this P1 million home!Then I understood, for Filipinos, being worth a million pisos is still significant and of course I was a multi millionare.Regards: Jim

• Like 1

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

My extremely scientific analysis of this issue leads me to this irrefutable conclusion:You are "rich" in any country if you -a) are in the top 1% of earners or net worth in that country, orb) you have a disposable monthly income greater than 25 times the national average disposable income.Now... for what other inscrutable mysteries would someone like to have a definitive answer? 1%20(235).gifWho shot Kennedy? Was the moon landing real? The truth about area 51? SugarwareZ-007.gif This first one was a freebie ... the rest I'll answer as soon as we negotiate fair and reasonable compensation. emostrongbow.gifTom in Texas

Travis
Posted
Posted
My extremely scientific analysis of this issue leads me to this irrefutable conclusion:You are "rich" in any country if you -a) are in the top 1% of earners or net worth in that country, orb) you have a disposable monthly income greater than 25 times the national average disposable income.Now... for what other inscrutable mysteries would someone like to have a definitive answer? 1%20(235).gifWho shot Kennedy? Was the moon landing real? The truth about area 51? SugarwareZ-007.gif This first one was a freebie ... the rest I'll answer as soon as we negotiate fair and reasonable compensation. emostrongbow.gifTom in Texas
so I think that means I am rich by Filipino standards but it sure does not feel that way by my standards SugarwareZ-034.gif

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

So now we answered the query why many filipinos consider us rich and we do not think so.

Mik
Posted
Posted

"Although decidedly not recommended by financial planners, one is relativity. Basically, you're rich if you're making more than your brother-in-law." .