Ekimswish 1St Scandal

Jake
Posted
Posted

Ok Ekimswish, you've got my interest in discovering your first scandal. Maybe otherscan also report their own experiences. Must be alot of juicy ones.......Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ok Ekimswish, you've got my interest in discovering your first scandal.  Maybe otherscan also report their own experiences.  Must be alot of juicy ones.......Jake
Maybe he was talking about boss mans avatar   SugarwareZ-005.gif

post-40-12817108120667_thumb.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

No, I've never met Boss Man's avatar in my life. I have no idea who that woman is, and I deny, deny, deny.... Well, the scandal is related to our pig farm we started earlier this year. Just to be clear, I always knew we'd get cheated, lied to, and misled. It's just the nature of the beast. I told my wife at the start to always expect costs to be double, returns to be half, and everyone to lie. Not that I think people are all liars, but I think business is more of a guilty until proven innocent type of arena: earn your trust. Especially since we're in Korea still until November. So we had 14 hybrid pigs we originally bought from the president of the neighboring hog grower's association, raised them on the feeds distributed by the association's store, and reserved them for the association's meat shop. They had booked the pigs for June 27th, but then asked to delay until July 26th, because they had not opened their meat shop yet. With the delay they offered a higher price per kilo, which satisfied us. July 26th rolled around and they picked up the first two pigs. Then they got a third a few days later. I was already becoming frustrated because they said their schedule was to get all 14 pigs within the first 3 days. Then they stopped getting pigs completely. Everyday was another excuse, most of which were good ones: a lot of typhoons, low pressure storms, bad roads, poor communication or phone connections, etc. But a few days ago, two weeks past the second schedule, fed up, I demanded my wife call the president of the association directly. She had been letting the farm manager deal with it and we always heard things through several people, and sometimes heard nothing at all because of difficulties phoning her. As well, my wife was shy to call the prez when I asked her to do so last week. But finally she got his number and called and asked when they were getting the pigs. He said tomorrow, then, surprised why we were calling, called a meeting the next day with the other 28 members of the association (16 showed) and our farm manager. He thought they were getting our pigs already. Turns out, as was uncovered, one member responsible for picking up the pigs was getting pigs from smaller backyard raisers, most of whom just fed their pigs scraps and leftovers, then delivered them to the meat shop and passed them off as our pigs! So not only were we getting left out, but rumors were spreading about the poor meat quality of our pigs! Finding out what happened, he was kicked out of the association. Damn straight I wish more could happen, but we're not there to push for it. I would love to push for that guy to pay for damages or two weeks of feeds, but what can we do from here? Nothing, really. The president was super pissed though (or seemed to be) because our pigs came from his farm and we used the other member's feeds, which come from a larger company. To smear our pigs is to smear their entire product. If we told the feeds company, which we do have a contact with, they could get in trouble (unlikely). Well, today we finally had some good news, and they picked up all the remainder of our pigs. But no doubt we took a bit of a hit with all those extra feeds. Does it piss me off: yes and no. I always knew stuff like this would happen, but I also know it could be worse. It could be a lot worse, and so I still gotta count my lucky stars. We're still in the game, so it's all good..... but for how long?(disclaimer: I'm only investing in this farm what I could make back in one year doing what I do now.)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Maybe this could be in the business section as it's not a racy, sexual, scandal, which maybe Jake was expecting SugarwareZ-007.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
No, I've never met Boss Man's avatar in my life. I have no idea who that woman is, and I deny, deny, deny.... Well, the scandal is related to our pig farm we started earlier this year. Just to be clear, I always knew we'd get cheated, lied to, and misled. It's just the nature of the beast. I told my wife at the start to always expect costs to be double, returns to be half, and everyone to lie. Not that I think people are all liars, but I think business is more of a guilty until proven innocent type of arena: earn your trust. Especially since we're in Korea still until November.
It's nice to hear you're all taking it in stride. Hopefully, your reputation of quality products has recovered as soon as the truth came out. To be honest with you, I am not surprise that your story relates to corruption in Korea? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time -- is it an Asian thing that's common to the whole region? Are there any expats who have lived or worked in Vietnam or Singapore or China experienced any of these things? We will reserve the juicy scandals of the Philippinesfor last.Excellent post Ekimswish and thank you for sharing.Respectfully -- Jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
No, I've never met Boss Man's avatar in my life. I have no idea who that woman is, and I deny, deny, deny.... Well, the scandal is related to our pig farm we started earlier this year. Just to be clear, I always knew we'd get cheated, lied to, and misled. It's just the nature of the beast. I told my wife at the start to always expect costs to be double, returns to be half, and everyone to lie. Not that I think people are all liars, but I think business is more of a guilty until proven innocent type of arena: earn your trust. Especially since we're in Korea still until November.
It's nice to hear you're all taking it in stride. Hopefully, your reputation of quality products has recovered as soon as the truth came out. To be honest with you, I am not surprise that your story relates to corruption in Korea? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time -- is it an Asian thing that's common to the whole region? Are there any expats who have lived or worked in Vietnam or Singapore or China experienced any of these things? We will reserve the juicy scandals of the Philippinesfor last.Excellent post Ekimswish and thank you for sharing.Respectfully -- Jake
lol... no no... our farm is in the Philippines, but we're in Korea. We move to the Philippines in November full time to run the farm. To be honest, I did NOT want to start this farm last March while we were still in Korea. I wanted to save our money and start it in November when we'd move to the Philippines and run everything ourselves. But my wife is unemployed here in Korea with nothing to do but clean up and raise the kids. She gets pissy about not contributing and wanting to work. So when she visited the Philippines earlier in the year she got the idea to raise pigs. I only said yes because I thought it would be small and give her something to focus on rather than complaining about being a housewife, lol. But due to unforeseen circumstances, many positive, we decided to invest a little more and a little more. So instead of having a small farm, we've suddenly got a bigger one. I'm taking it all in stride so far. I mean, I completely acknowledge the possibility of us being robbed or cheated out of all our pigs. But so far, I can handle the cost, and so we're still cautiously optimistic that this will support us to live in the Philippines full time and raise our kids, be happy, and maybe get into other businesses later.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
No, I've never met Boss Man's avatar in my life. I have no idea who that woman is, and I deny, deny, deny.... Well, the scandal is related to our pig farm we started earlier this year. Just to be clear, I always knew we'd get cheated, lied to, and misled. It's just the nature of the beast. I told my wife at the start to always expect costs to be double, returns to be half, and everyone to lie. Not that I think people are all liars, but I think business is more of a guilty until proven innocent type of arena: earn your trust. Especially since we're in Korea still until November. So we had 14 hybrid pigs we originally bought from the president of the neighboring hog grower's association, raised them on the feeds distributed by the association's store, and reserved them for the association's meat shop. They had booked the pigs for June 27th, but then asked to delay until July 26th, because they had not opened their meat shop yet. With the delay they offered a higher price per kilo, which satisfied us. July 26th rolled around and they picked up the first two pigs. Then they got a third a few days later. I was already becoming frustrated because they said their schedule was to get all 14 pigs within the first 3 days. Then they stopped getting pigs completely. Everyday was another excuse, most of which were good ones: a lot of typhoons, low pressure storms, bad roads, poor communication or phone connections, etc. But a few days ago, two weeks past the second schedule, fed up, I demanded my wife call the president of the association directly. She had been letting the farm manager deal with it and we always heard things through several people, and sometimes heard nothing at all because of difficulties phoning her. As well, my wife was shy to call the prez when I asked her to do so last week. But finally she got his number and called and asked when they were getting the pigs. He said tomorrow, then, surprised why we were calling, called a meeting the next day with the other 28 members of the association (16 showed) and our farm manager. He thought they were getting our pigs already. Turns out, as was uncovered, one member responsible for picking up the pigs was getting pigs from smaller backyard raisers, most of whom just fed their pigs scraps and leftovers, then delivered them to the meat shop and passed them off as our pigs! So not only were we getting left out, but rumors were spreading about the poor meat quality of our pigs! Finding out what happened, he was kicked out of the association. Damn straight I wish more could happen, but we're not there to push for it. I would love to push for that guy to pay for damages or two weeks of feeds, but what can we do from here? Nothing, really. The president was super pissed though (or seemed to be) because our pigs came from his farm and we used the other member's feeds, which come from a larger company. To smear our pigs is to smear their entire product. If we told the feeds company, which we do have a contact with, they could get in trouble (unlikely). Well, today we finally had some good news, and they picked up all the remainder of our pigs. But no doubt we took a bit of a hit with all those extra feeds. Does it piss me off: yes and no. I always knew stuff like this would happen, but I also know it could be worse. It could be a lot worse, and so I still gotta count my lucky stars. We're still in the game, so it's all good..... but for how long?(disclaimer: I'm only investing in this farm what I could make back in one year doing what I do now.)
Thank you for telling us what happened, and I think what happened to you can be a lesson to all that any business or even other dealings has to be hands on, so the phone calls would be necessary IMO even if sending a kid to college, or when making sure a business deal is completed properly. I know that we could have saved much money if my wife had followed up by calling one of the colleges we had sent one niece to, but it is all a learning experience and when we did visit the college the next year we found she was not really going hardly at all right from the start and instead being a princess with the money. IMO trust no one until they earn your trust and even then double check on them to keep them honest. 

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... you've got my interest in discovering your first scandal. Maybe otherscan also report their own experiences. Must be alot of juicy ones.......Jake
Oh, sure Jake... like I'm going to tell everybody right here in public about that private message you sent me offering toomg.gif...... oops, you almost tricked me into telling your juicy secrets... but not today, my friend, not today. Tom in Texas

Jake
Posted
Posted
... you've got my interest in discovering your first scandal. Maybe otherscan also report their own experiences. Must be alot of juicy ones.......Jake
Oh, sure Jake... like I'm going to tell everybody right here in public about that private message you sent me offering toomg.gif...... oops, you almost tricked me into telling your juicy secrets... but not today, my friend, not today. Tom in Texas
OK, if not today, how about tonight? Don't worry, that private message I sent you has already been "you tubed", including some wet and juicy sound effects that has a distinct Texas accent. Oooh la, la.......DOM forever -- JakePS -- my own personal scandal is forthcoming. I'm just trying to condense the story to a few paragraphs. It involves my visit to Fukuoka City and the Japanese Yakuza.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Just curious ekimswish, what kind of hog feed are you using? Natural ingredients or hormones and artificial chemicals? Inquiring minds need to know..