Got To Be Kidding-Pal Plans To Hire Foreign Pilots

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You have got to be kidding,where would you find these Pilots that will work for low wages,its inviting the bottom of the barrel to fly planes. Maybe they could get them from Indonesian airline pilots.Look out for safety,will your mum be applying for the job?? PAL plans to hire foreign pilotsMANILA, Philippines – Philippine Airlines (PAL) plans to hire foreign pilots to meet a shortage in the flag carrier caused by the sudden exodus of some of its pilots. PAL President Jaime Bautista said Saturday they are looking at various solutions following the move of 26 pilots to suddenly leave the company to join foreign airlines. “Isa yan sa mga option. Merong lumalapit sa amin,” he said. “May mga Germans na gustong magkaroon pa ng pagkakataon na lumipad sa Pilipinas.” He added that the flag carrier will enlist foreign pilots’ services only if they accept PAL’s wage levels, which are lower compared to other airline companies. The rest here...... http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/08/14/10/pal-plans-hire-foreign-pilots

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
You have got to be kidding,where would you find these Pilots that will work for low wages,its inviting the bottom of the barrel to fly planes. ...
Wow... they pay you to fly planes?? I think I'll apply. th_thholysheep.gif Somebody just tell me how to turn on this dang automatic pilot. 3_8_14[1].gifGuess I better get out of this barrel and have breakfast shooter.gif in case they want me to start immediately. Tom in Texas

Travis
Posted
Posted
You have got to be kidding,where would you find these Pilots that will work for low wages,its inviting the bottom of the barrel to fly planes. ...
Wow... they pay you to fly planes?? I think I'll apply. th_thholysheep.gif Somebody just tell me how to turn on this dang automatic pilot. 3_8_14[1].gifGuess I better get out of this barrel and have breakfast shooter.gif in case they want me to start immediately. Tom in Texas
I would do it for free just to see the world & have all those pretty stewardesses staying in the same hotel & maybe my room once in a while SugarwareZ-225.gifSugarwareZ-004.gif

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Do not be surprised. With the unemployment and financial problems in the western world, many pilots available for low salaries. The ones who could not keep employment to any western paying company, they will take this so just to fill in flight hours, experience and at least do something than nothing.Clever move from PAL. As for safety...do not get nervous they are as safe as all the other airlines. Many western companies fly a much older fleet than PAL. Standards and inspections...they vary so much depending of who is doing it, checklists are ticked off but the actual check was done? Desputable. See BP a giant company but still proved to be with unsafe actual operations. I am in the HSE business and i know the insides, i fly all airlines with closed eyes, praying!!!

Mik
Posted
Posted

I would guess that pilots from Bangladesh would love to work for PAL..

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Its an interesting statement from PAL and from people I know in the flight industry the first years are the hardest as they need to clock up a lot of hours.. now thinking about it I wonder if they will get any ex-military pilots. Doesn't really affect me mind as I don't fly PAL but will be interesting to see what happens either way I can see a high turn of staff developing especially if other airlines aggressively poach pilots.. Like everything else its not we will fix the problem more we will try to work round it..

UZI
Posted
Posted

Apparently, they are also changing their livery to assist the new pilotspost-685-12821185022592_thumb.jpgpost-685-12821185330652_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
Copper
Posted
Posted

A Pilot, Young. ready for a carrier and eager to make the big $$ needs to clock in lots, and lots of flying hrs before (if lucky) being hired by the big boys. PAL is just as inviting for one of the many (now too many) young pilots try to make a career....as long as they can clock in the flying time...the supposedly low salary is acceptable. And as already mentioned..in this days finding work not that easy...especially piloting airliners. I fly PAl three times a year out of Japan...never had a problem.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There is a severe shortage of qualified pilots today and it is getting worse monthly.There are also fake pilots flying India and some African country's have had issues lately with unqualified pilots with fake certifications.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
A Pilot, Young. ready for a carrier and eager to make the big $$ needs to clock in lots, and lots of flying hrs before (if lucky) being hired by the big boys. PAL is just as inviting for one of the many (now too many) young pilots try to make a career....as long as they can clock in the flying time...the supposedly low salary is acceptable. And as already mentioned..in this days finding work not that easy...especially piloting airliners. I fly PAl three times a year out of Japan...never had a problem.
All it takes is once.