Home Building Ideas

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ...... as to the 2 cute girl theory 1024.gif ........... do you value being cool over having your private parts removed ......... decisions .. decisions ..... :9436:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

So it sounds like you can cool most of the house except the second bedroom pretty well now. So maybe you can sell one big A/C and get a smaller one for the second Bedroom and only run it when you have company.Also you can try this. Something I learned from a friend who heated with wood stoves. In the dead end Bed Room put the fan blowing out not in. you will then create a draft for the cooler air to flow in on its own.

Edited by tom_shor

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hummmmmm ...... as to the 2 cute girl theory 1024.gif ........... do you value being cool over having your private parts removed ......... decisions .. decisions ..... :1 (103):
Yes, I do Mike but this was a suggestion for Lee and I figured he would think of it as win some loose some :9436:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, this is a little know equation. It reads that the inverse of the hotness of the young lady squared (two Filipinas) provides a very cool living environment. Go green!

Well LeeWhat I found and it surprised me some what, is the best and most cost affective way to cool your rooms is hire two maids and get some palm tree leaves for them to wave above your bed for you.Hope this helps santahat.gif

• 3 months later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just an update on this post, I cut a hole into the bedroom wall that is between the two bedrooms and I installed a small 6" exhaust fan and turned it on and my idea works.......... It is now moving cold air from the aircon bedroom into the other one and I do not need to turn on two aircons now......... I think the fan is too small and I only used a 6 inch round fan so far to try it out and I may increase the size at a later date if necessary but for the time being, when I place a big floor or table type fan in front of the hole that is being fed by the smaller fan, the room without aircon gets pretty comfortable and although I do not think I can ever totally equalize the temps throughout the whole condo with this type of layout without a split aircon, or some ducting, this does work the way it is set up now. Thanks for all the ideas and info supplied. :th_thholysheep:

post-40-1237794773_thumb.jpg

post-40-1237794783_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mik
Posted
Posted

How about a 12 or 16 inch exhaust fan with a variable speed control?

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Lee, run the aircon in the sala during the day while you are up and turn the one on in the BR when you are almost ready for bed and turn the other one off.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
That might be my next move but so far it seems like it is working this way and the bigger fan would probably draw as much electric as what I am already doing anyway, but I am sure it would look cleaner to the eye.Thanks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
How about going for the big stuff,get an airplane engine with a propeller,that will cool him down and blow the grey hairs from his head. SugarwareZ-011.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Lee, run the aircon in the sala during the day while you are up and turn the one on in the BR when you are almost ready for bed and turn the other one off.
Thank you Bob, I thought of that and tried that for a while too, but I am also trying to cut the electric bill and I am pretty sure that by equalizing the temperature within the whole house, the a/c will run less often and thus cut the bill...... So far it seems to be doing just that and the bedroom is no longer too cold either, so I think it may be working two fold......... I used to have to keep the room with the a/c on colder in order to keep the rest of the house cooler...... Of course the summer heat may change all that, but we will not be here during that time this year and maybe next and I will worry about that down the road. And to the boss, I do not have gray hair yet, even though Bob swears I have to color what I do have.... I am going to let my sideburns grow in just to show Bob that they are in fact gray but my head is not for whatever reason. :o As for your big prop idea, I did put up two paddle fans with pretty big blades but they do not seem to move much air around because of the high ceilings, so maybe larger shafts would help, but I am lacking a larger shaft as well as no gray hair. SugarwareZ-004.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif Good thing my wife settles for me with all my short comings. :th_thholysheep: Edited by Mr. Lee