Hi I Am T

Travis
Posted
Posted

Thank you Tom_Shor, health is an issue we all need to stay on to of and I will look into that when the time gets closer.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Traveler,I do not live in RP but have visited once a year for many many years now. Someday soon I will live part time in Philippines.My suggestion to you is visit for at least a month and get a feel for the place. I love the Philippines but I am not you and it is not for everyone. Come visit and see for yourself, I think your going to like it SugarwareZ-003.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Hi Traveler,I do not live in RP but have visited once a year for many many years now. Someday soon I will live part time in Philippines.My suggestion to you is visit for at least a month and get a feel for the place. I love the Philippines but I am not you and it is not for everyone. Come visit and see for yourself, I think your going to like it SugarwareZ-003.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted

Thank you gentlemen.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Also get a good travel guide like Lonely Planet. The information it conatains would take you years to find.Still using mine after 2 years.Travelling around on your first trip is essential. Every island has it's own feel and usually language. Air flight is cheap and reasonably easy - ferries are slow and can be tedious after the first 4 hours, lol.The most essential is meeting people face to face and getting their experiences although can be a little expensive after the first round or two.Have fun.

• Like 1

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
<br />Also get a good travel guide like Lonely Planet. The information it conatains would take you years to find.<br /><br />Still using mine after 2 years.<br /><br />Travelling around on your first trip is essential. Every island has it's own feel and usually language. Air flight is cheap and reasonably easy - ferries are slow and can be tedious after the first 4 hours, lol.<br /><br />The most essential is meeting people face to face and getting their experiences although can be a little expensive after the first round or two.<br /><br />Have fun.<br />
<br /><br /><br />The lonely planet guide is good but also online guides as much of the information is out of date. Although you can find lonely planet videos around for download which are very interesting and pretty timeless.Travelling round is a good idea but December and Election times are the most dangerous in the Philippines not only for foreigners but locals. Robberies get a bit out of control and the mortality rate is pretty high.Planning a trip losely would work well aswell.. pre booking flights etc.. might backfire as you might find locations you want to stop longer.