Are There Any Other Cheap Countries To Live In?

Patsada
Posted
Posted (edited)
European and African continents have excellent retirees places, search for Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Syria and so on. Cuba is an option too.
well, * Bulgaria and Romania = if you mean relatively cheap (until the Euro arrives), that might still be true, but if you look for safety, quality of daily life, infrastructure....just forget it!* Turkey has wonderful beaches and excellent food - if you feel to live in a more and more radicalized Muslim country... ok, if you choose to live in a ghetto like the British guy....* SA could be a wonderful place - I once considered it myself, but in the meantime I know personally more and more people - even locals who can afford it - that literally flee the country because of the ever growing crime rate* Algeria is also a fundamentalist Muslim country that more and more gets radicalized - highly unsafe specially for foreigners; and no chance if you don't speak French or of course Arabic* yes, I agree, Cuba could be an option too, maybe in a not so far future...Not everything that is just "cheap" automatically turns out to be good choice!as said somewhere earlier in this thread, also for me Panama would have been the first choice if I hadn't a Filipina wife..Cheers,Patsada Edited by Patsada

Travis
Posted
Posted
Hey Traveler, I have spent some time in Panama. Colon,Balboa, and Panama city, I consider Panama is american friendly. But that was thirty years ago. I had a great time there. Latinas and Filipinas are very similar in nature.My problem with a Latina they are too tempermental. wt-hell.gif Does this mean I need to remove you from my friends list, If I do that, all I have on my list is that guy they call Jake. th_noproblem.gifhystery.gifth_Good-Luck.gif
thank you guys for all the advice please post more if you have more ideas but so far it appears it is either here or back in Arkansas where things appear to be less expensive than even here. if I was not already here then it would be an easy choice for me coz I am single coz the ladies I dated here did not work out coz I am not rich but that is another topic that I will post in another section & for you oldutot I am sure a nice guy like you has plenty of friends & does not need me coz you seem like a very nice person so maybe you Jake & me can share some mojos one day or how ever he spells that & I am not gone yet

• 2 weeks later...
Travis
Posted
Posted

as I lay in bed trying to sleep once again tonight I realized that my body is trying to tell me that I do not belong here so I have made up my mind to head back to the states. the Philippines & specifically Cebu can be a wonderful place if it is right for you but I do not feel it is right for me so off I will head knowing I tried my best to fit in but never felt I could. I will try to stay with the forum once I get settled in but for now I want to thank you all for all of your kindness & help along the way & for putting up with me. :thumbs-up-smile: God bless you all & may your journeys be fruitful :lol: :mocking:

Jake
Posted
Posted
as I lay in bed trying to sleep once again tonight I realized that my body is trying to tell me that I do not belong here so I have made up my mind to head back to the states. the Philippines & specifically Cebu can be a wonderful place if it is right for you but I do not feel it is right for me so off I will head knowing I tried my best to fit in but never felt I could. I will try to stay with the forum once I get settled in but for now I want to thank you all for all of your kindness & help along the way & for putting up with me. :thumbs-up-smile: God bless you all & may your journeys be fruitful :lol: :mocking:
OK, we will wait patiently for you to settle in at your new place. By that time, hopefully you have somenew and juicy jokes for us to enjoy.Bon Voyage -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
as I lay in bed trying to sleep once again tonight I realized that my body is trying to tell me that I do not belong here so I have made up my mind to head back to the states. the Philippines & specifically Cebu can be a wonderful place if it is right for you but I do not feel it is right for me so off I will head knowing I tried my best to fit in but never felt I could. I will try to stay with the forum once I get settled in but for now I want to thank you all for all of your kindness & help along the way & for putting up with me. :thumbs-up-smile:   God bless you all & may your journeys be fruitful :lol: :mocking:
Wow T, I am sorry to read this and hoped you would at least hang out until we got back, but I do understand where you are coming from because I know the Philippines is not for everyone. Give me a call and I will try to help you with whatever I can. Safe travels. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted
As I lay in bed trying to sleep once again tonight I realized that my body is trying to tell me that I do not belong here so I have made up my mind to head back to the states. the Philippines & specifically Cebu can be a wonderful place if it is right for you but I do not feel it is right for me so off I will head knowing I tried my best to fit in but never felt I could. I will try to stay with the forum once I get settled in but for now I want to thank you all for all of your kindness & help along the way & for putting up with me. :thats-funny: God bless you all & may your journeys be fruitful :wave: :mocking:
I just read your post late! But I know you're still here! Do you still feel the same way today? We're here in San Jose, Ca. on vacation at my in-laws. It's OK, but I prefer living in the Philippines still! I just like my quiet laid back lifestyle in the Philippines! It's home to me even though I'm a Fil/Am who grew up in California!

Travis
Posted
Posted
As I lay in bed trying to sleep once again tonight I realized that my body is trying to tell me that I do not belong here so I have made up my mind to head back to the states. the Philippines & specifically Cebu can be a wonderful place if it is right for you but I do not feel it is right for me so off I will head knowing I tried my best to fit in but never felt I could. I will try to stay with the forum once I get settled in but for now I want to thank you all for all of your kindness & help along the way & for putting up with me. :thats-funny: God bless you all & may your journeys be fruitful :wave: :mocking:
I just read your post late! But I know you're still here! Do you still feel the same way today? We're here in San Jose, Ca. on vacation at my in-laws. It's OK, but I prefer living in the Philippines still! I just like my quiet laid back lifestyle in the Philippines! It's home to me even though I'm a Fil/Am who grew up in California!
Art I am happy in Cebu but having a hard time with the lower peso & higher costs so I have cut back on a few things & eat more rice & soup daily & go out to eat almost never so I can save up enough money to go home without dipping into my savings. I can leave anytime I want to if I dip into my savings but I know I will need money to start over once I get to the states deposits & all so for now I am here day by day but I may wake up 1 morning or go to sleep 1 night & say the heck with it all & just pack up & go & I almost did that a few times including the day of my post so if you do not see me on for a while then I am either sick dead or gone & if dead then I am sure you would read about it once they discover my body for not paying the rent or bills on time :wave: 23_9_11[1].gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Art I am happy in Cebu but having a hard time with the lower peso & higher costs so I have cut back on a few things & eat more rice & soup daily & go out to eat almost never so I can save up enough money to go home without dipping into my savings. I can leave anytime I want to if I dip into my savings but I know I will need money to start over once I get to the states deposits & all so for now I am here day by day but I may wake up 1 morning or go to sleep 1 night & say the heck with it all & just pack up & go & I almost did that a few times including the day of my post so if you do not see me on for a while then I am either sick dead or gone & if dead then I am sure you would read about it once they discover my body for not paying the rent or bills on time :wave: 23_9_11[1].gif
Well, as a last resort you can try to live the Hobo style of life or a life of a hermit up in the boonies in an old run down shack near a creek or lake with your trusted hunting dog and live off the land in the good ol' U.S. of A.! Sometimes, who needs a woman? They will just nag, nag, nag and nag you to death! You seem to be that kind of fella! Or how about cruising the country road on a Harley or in a mini-van and go where ever you fancy and sleep under the stars and moon! Or you can live the rest of your life in a convalescent home in the U.S. which is the norm for a lot of sick and senile old people just waiting for the Grim Reaper!