Racism

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-national/michael-marleyI've been following this writer's boxing articles for quite a while, and he does most of his stories on Manny Pacquiao (probably to get more hits). Recently, pound-for-pound rival, Floyd Mayweather Jr made some racist comments on the internet about Manny Pacquiao's Asian background, calling him a "yellow chump", and saying he was going to cook Manny with rice, cat, and dog meat. It was pretty disgusting. But now, it's the Filipinos who've kind of taken the cake! There've been hundreds of comments by Filipinos saying every disgusting thing you could say about black people, to the point where the subject is no longer "how racist is Mayweather," but, "Wow, Filipinos are super racist!"The whole thing is quite disgusting. My wife was teased growing up in the Phils for having dark skin, and she's quite sensitive about it now. I try to encourage her that she's beautiful just how she is. I mentioned that on one of the comments, and then people started calling her a Manobo and making snide remarks about dark skin. Anyways... thought I'd mention it here, see if any of you have darker skinned wives who've had similar experiences. Obviously, in Asia, people think light skin is beautiful and dark is ugly. Nothing new there. But I find it disgusting that in the Philippines, a country with a majority of dark people, there are no dark models or celebs. What's even more rediculous is the people who make these offensive comments about people like my wife, are probably the same skin tone - dumbasses. I have seen an increase, even in light-skin crazed Korea, of men and women going to tanning salons recently, or showing more skin at the beach. Maybe one day Filipinos will where their colors with pride, and be recognized for it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Personally I love the skin color of the Filipina whether its dark or light,its ironic that us westerners spend hours out in the sun increasing our skin cancer risks just to get a dark skin color.Look at all the so called skin whiteners selling in the Philippines now,what a waste,my guess is in ten years time things will reverse and tanning salons will open up throughout the land.

Jake
Posted
Posted

As you can see from my photo, I'm the darker one and my sports activities on the beach and ocean will keep me nice and dark most of the year. Boss Man is right about the Filipino majority wasting millions of pesos buying these skin whiteners. My wife and I would just shake our heads in seeing two piece bikinis under an over sized T-shirt with an over sized umbrella just to maintain their "whiteness". Ekimswish quote of: What's even more rediculous is the people who make these offensive comments about people like my wife, are probably the same skin tone - dumbasses. You're absolutely right on the mark -- they are all prejudiced dumb-ass...... Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Let's put it the other way around! I'm dark skinned in complexion and my lite skinned wife married me! It surely wasn't for my money, because I didn't have any and it wasn't for a green card either! Must of been my inner charm and that applies to a lot of dark skinned beautiful Filipinas!

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Well when it comes to racism...the blacks are racist to the whites and the opposite, the asians to the blacks and whites and the opposite...No one can win through. As for us the expats we do have our own personal preferences too. Where it comes from and why is a similar question as "the egg was first or the chicken?"When it comes to the color of Filipinos...how funny it is that the darker they are the whiter they wanna be. My wife has a white complexion but she will not go swiming during the sunny hours neither she will stand longer than 5 min in the sun so she does not tan...My son has a white complexion but as soon he goes swimming with me he becomes tanned in a couple of days (and i look like a lobster heheheh), wife gets mad on his color, i laugh. Many times in purpose i admire some darker color Filipinas so she listens to it, she becomes furious that i like their color but she will never let her color tanned....LOL!!!!! Filipinos like the white women even if it is this discusting bleached white which to my eyes looks as if she is sick...What to say...people want the what they do not have.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Let's put it the other way around! I'm dark skinned in complexion and my lite skinned wife married me! It surely wasn't for my money, because I didn't have any and it wasn't for a green card either! Must of been my inner charm and that applies to a lot of dark skinned beautiful Filipinas!
I don't doubt your inner charm, Art.... but I've seen your photos.... you tall, dark and handsome babe-magnet -- She lured her in with your physical attributes, then captivated her with your inner charm and sparkling personality. Job well done.cheers.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think the TV has a bit to be blamed for,those Philippines shows have Filipinas and Filipinos looking like ghosts.People admire movie stars so they want to copy them,ban the TV and those whiteners I say.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
I think the TV has a bit to be blamed for,those Philippines shows have Filipinas and Filipinos looking like ghosts.People admire movie stars so they want to copy them,ban the TV and those whiteners I say.
I bet a lot of those celebs you can find tanning in Boracay in the "off-season", especially since they're either fil-ams or influenced by fil-ams.... not to mention often half-caucasian anyways.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Racism, like nationalism, is a politicians tool to divide people..

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted
Racism, like nationalism, is a politicians tool to divide people..
Totally agree!!!!