Question On Income Tax Applicable On A Foreigner In Philippines / Manila

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
THIS section I believe will answer your visa question but Philippines visa issues can be very difficult to answer, so I hope someone has a better answer for you if you hang around until other members reply.NON-IMMIGRANTS(g)    An alien coming to pre-arranged employment, for who the issuance of a visa has been authorized in accordance with section twenty of this Act, and his wife and his unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, if accompanying him or if following to join him within a period of six months from the date of his admission into the Philippines as a non-immigrant under this paragraph.An alien who is admitted as a non-immigrant cannot remain in the Philippines permanently. To obtain permanent admission, a non-immigrant alien must depart voluntarily to a foreign country and procure from the appropriate Philippine consul the proper visa and thereafter undergo examination by the officers of the Bureau of Immigration at a Philippine port of entry for determination of his admissibility in accordance with the requirements of this Act.
The terminology they use does not make it easy to understand. Here they are using the word "NON-IMMIGRANT". While on the tax sites they use the terminology as "Non-Resident Alien"So quite confusing to be honest.
Agreed, as I find most things in the Philippines to be. Hopefully someone who works within the Philippines can give you a much better answer than I can, as I, like many on forums, am retired and earn our pensions from our home countries and spend them in the Philippines while living within. As for myself, we live both in the US and the Philippines, so our situation is very different than most, so I only tell you this to explain why I do not have a more complete answer for you. Keep reading and someone else is sure to answer.