Rent, Buy Or Build?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I recently heard there is land for sale near Minglanilla at p1000 per sq. meter.Is that a good price?What are average prices?
The price for land is all over the map. Titled land can be double that of Tax dec land. Size of lot will make a huge difference, a 1000 square meter lot can cost double, per sq mtr, than a 100 square meter lot. Location matters. If the ownership is disputed then it will be for sale RUSH CHEAP. If it is agricultural it is cheaper and if it is commercial it is more. Subdivision lots are more per sq mtr than not in a subdivision.What I am saying is that your question is impossible to give a generalized answer to.
Dave_Hounddriver, You're correct on all counts! Yeah, it's all about location, location, location, type, size and what people are willing to pay for them! In 2000, lots in our area was selling for P8,000 per sq. meters in a gated subdivision with approximately 700 other 2 story track homes on various size lots ranging from 150 to 1,000 sq. meters! Today, some vacant lots around our surrounding area are going for P14,000 per sq. meters! So, it's all about location and how the area has developed over the years! Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
What's considered the best option?I recently heard there is land for sale near Minglanilla at p1000 per sq. meter.Is that a good price?What are average prices?Is it better to have your own house and lot or rent?
Hello Roy, Knowing your personal situation, the answer is simple. Rent!Regards: Jim

• 3 weeks later...
joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Rent buy or buid. what a question!!!!It all depends what you plan and what you want.If you are married and you want to leave something to your wife...buy or build (buid is way much cheaper if you have people to trust, risky)if you just came here to live out from a pension and no plans to leave anything behind you, rent.Prices both in rental and buying are ruled by the factor of location. Write down on a paper what you want from a place that you plan to live. Then on another paper categorize them by the importance of it. Ok now you have what you want, check what you want to pay and you'll figure out what you get for the money.Buing build or rent is up to you. No golden rule here.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted
What's considered the best option?I recently heard there is land for sale near Minglanilla at p1000 per sq. meter.Is that a good price?What are average prices?Is it better to have your own house and lot or rent?
Hello Roy, Knowing your personal situation, the answer is simple. Rent!Regards: Jim
.Hi Jim, nice catching up in Cebu. Am back in Oz now...the personal situation saga continues...Happy New Year to you!

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

as-if.gifThere's nothing better than the feeling and satisfaction of home ownership and sometimes the problems and minor headaches that goes along with it, like minor repairs after a hurricane or just your regular home maintenance year after year! HOA dues and property taxes here in the Philippines is small compared to the U.S. so it presents no big problems in the future, for now that is, only our beneficiaries will know after we are long done!

• 1 month later...
jonkel49
Posted
Posted

Interesting discussion thanks. Raised many questions I need to think about.

• 3 months later...
piglett
Posted
Posted

I think it comes down to your age & how good your health is.I myself am only 40 & i see a doctor every 5 years or so : )My wife & i intend to 1st rent to get the lay of the land once we have figured some things out we will then buy a small house rite in townwhy rite in town in the province???well 1st that way we can walk if needed to almost anywhere2nd so we could open some kind of little shop if we wanted tono not a dam sari sari there are already 1o of those on every blockbut maybe a bakery on the 1st floor & living quaters on the 2nd floorlater once we have spend a few winters there we mite look into farm landafter all what in the hell will i do for 4 months a year if i don't have a few projects going on ?I think the Philippines is probably a great place to spend money but a poor place to try to make muchas long as whatever i do there suports itself i am fine with thattake care allpiglett

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Good advice from the Piglet there. We have many clients coming into our office or getting in touch through our website that have arrived here in the Phils for the first time, not knowing the area's or facilities in the area's they have come to see. Many of them are just keen to buy a house but we, although almost unheard of with many agents try to give all the local knowledge we can about the area, drive the client around and even take them to the individual schools, Restaurants & malls etc..Having done all this time consuming work we would still recommend that new arrivals take at least some time renting so as to be absolutely sure the area is what they are looking for. Better to lose a happy client that is aware of what they are doing than mislead & misguide for the sake of a buck! Cebu Property Rentals.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yup! That's what we did! Rented here and there for about 2 yrs, saved our money and then found a nice place to build our home! After 12 yrs, we're still in the same home! We love it where we live in Northern Central Luzon! http://www.google.co...iw=1260&bih=664