Ayala Mall Pictures

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just in case anyone is interested I posted some of the outside area of the new wing of Ayala Mall here in Cebu ...... they did a really super job and as of yet it is fresh and well maintained ........ but with the food vendors so close to the area and some up 3 stories it probably won't be long before the paper plates and napkins start sailing over the rails ........... Speaking of messes ...... I am amazed at the way Filipinos leave the tables of the food court areas ...... I know they don't have big trash cans all around like in the US ........ but my god ......... there is food and trash left all over the table ..... no effort is made to even put the stuff back on the tray or stacked semi-neatly on the table ...... I mean it is terrible ...... is it because they know someone else is going to clean up after them ....... I know they don't do that at home ....... or at least I hope not .....

Travis
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all who have posted pictures!

Hoz
Posted
Posted

It's my feeling that cleaning up after yourself at resturants hasn't been introduced to the Philippines yet. That's what they have the floor walkers for.

James
Posted
Posted

where are the pictures mate i cant find themJames

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
where are the pictures mate i cant find themJames
Go to the top of the page to gallery and click on members gallery on top of the photo on the left and it will open all the pictures.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

There are some excellent restaurants there and more on the way. Casa Verde and Moon Cafe will be there soon. The TGI Friday's is good stuff for sure!As you live here longer and longer, the little things that used to bother me like people not cleaning up after themselves just goes away with time. When in Rome, as they say!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob, :wt-hell: that is good to know and we will be eating there often in the future. :th_thbarbaque: I can't wait! :rolleyes: I once tried to clean my own table in a fast food restaurant and they got mad at me and said, "that is my job" I think they thought I was stealing their job and that got me thinking, it does help the Philippines to employ more people, so I no longer try to clean my table or empty my trays. I sure would not want to get an employee in trouble with their boss. 2245_safe.gif

Hoz
Posted
Posted
As you live here longer and longer, the little things that used to bother me like people not cleaning up after themselves just goes away with time. When in Rome, as they say!
It's ironic that here in the US if I sometimes pull the "Pinoy way" and leave our table messy in a fast food resturant my wife gives me a dirty look and cleans it up! Something she would never do in Cebu...

Hoz
Posted
Posted
I once tried to clean my own table in a fast food restaurant and they got mad at me and said, "that is my job" I think they thought I was stealing their job and that got me thinking, it does help the Philippines to employ more people, so I no longer try to clean my table or empty my trays. I sure would not want to get an employee in trouble with their boss. 2245_safe.gif
I am reminded of the Steve McQueen movie, "The Sand Pebbles". Remember about taking their "rice bowl"? I like the expression often heard in the Philippines, "I will be the one".