Nso

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if the NSO is open in Cebu City or do you have to go else where ....... I know in 2007 they closed it for a while but I thought it was back open ....... a local told me no .......

Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last year it was only suppose to be closed for 5 months. As of April of this year it still wasn't re-opened.I just sent an email to the NSO inquiring about the Cebu office.

Edited by Steve

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Julie just went down there and said it is closed ...... not even any employee's there ...... guess I will have to look for another location ....... Ya know this is a funny place ...... if you go on line to get your Birth Certificate the charge you 350p but if you go in person the charge is 175p ...... you would think they would try and move a little closer to the light ...... I mean the internet being so much more advanced ...... and even if you do go on line you have to go to Union bank to pay for the certificate and they don't process it till it is paid ....... really funny .... if you want a good laugh go here ....... https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp .......

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Mike, unfortunately charging an online "convenience" fee is all too common in the US as well. It's either split out or figured into the cost of the service you are utilizing. During my time with Microsoft I was involved in many initiatives to put services online, but they all charged a fee in one way or another to recoup the associated costs of putting that service online and keeping it operational.If you look at it from another perspective then it becomes more clear that the fees actually save most everybody money, depending upon the situation of course. In the US you would have to spend the time (which = $) and also the expenditures associated with your vehicle to transport you there and back. So in the long run if they do charge a convenience fee, it's not so terrible I think.FYI, the census site where NSO office locations are listed seems to be in the same condition as the Cebu office at this time! LOL

Steve
Posted
Posted

My response from the Census Bureau

Dear Sir:Census Serbilis Center - Cebu City has remained closed to the present, until further notice from the management of the National Statistics Office (NSO). The Serbilis Center is the outlet of the NSO that accepts copy issuance requests for birth, marriage and death certificates, and the issuance of the Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR).Thank you for your inquiry.Yours truly,e-Census Operations

• 2 weeks later...
Mike S
Posted
Posted

Oooooops ... sorry for taking so long to post this ..... Julie got her paperwork done in Mandaue City Hall ..... took her about 30 mins ...... now it will take 4 weeks to get it back from Manila ...... but then there are 2 holidays in there ....

• 3 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

At the SM business centers, you can NOW obtain your NSO, it takes about 7-10 days but its the same cost as going directly to the NSO (oh yes they do have a 20p service charge/fee)

• Like 1

Elsa
Posted
Posted
Does anyone know if the NSO is open in Cebu City or do you have to go else where ....... I know in 2007 they closed it for a while but I thought it was back open ....... a local told me no .......

We drive past once or twice a week and it was CERTAINLY open when we went past last week. But, now a days you can obtain it in almost all municipalities or any agencies that process NSO. The difference is that Municipalities charge 50 pesos extra each documents in order to process and you have to go back after 1 week. If the documents you need to get in the NSO is urgent then its best to go to the NSO office directly as this will take not more than 2 hours.

Elsa

www.Denial of service

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here are some other links/postings regarding the NSO

most are issues/problems that 1 may have had or could have .

these are just a few NSO related topics that I have found,

hope that the "click" from here to the new link is helpful to all.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I had to laugh when I read this thread ..... I saw I had started it and I was scratching my head as I couldn't remember doing it ...... and then I caught the date ...... almost 3 years ago ...... :hystery: :hystery: talk about a flash back ..... :mocking:

• Like 2