My Singapore Trip

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It seems that the majority of us retirees in the Philippines has this BB stamp fully understood and it's good time to time to mention our experiences on forums for those newcomers to avoid the mistakes and frustrations we all experienced when we too were just newbies in a foreign land!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Looked like an expensive turn around trip to Singapore! My wife and I did a 3 day turn around trip to Bangkok, Thailand 6 yrs ago to avail the BB stamp. We just arrived yesterday yesterday from a 2 month vacation in Northern California and the weather was great! Anyway, my wife got her Dual Citizenship in San Francisco during our vacation, but I didn't because I didn't have all of my documents with me. Upon our return, I got the BB stamp and my wife got the regular resident stamp. BTW, we even got to meet up with my buddy Jake while on our way to San Diego to visit some friends! We pigged out at the IHOP, my favorite place for breakfast! Too bad we didn't have time to get some tennis in since we were just passing through Jake's neighborhood and what a nice place too, tennis court just outside his front door steps! Singapore will be on our list next time to visit.
Hey Art,I'm glad that you and Jho have made it home safe and sound. I assume you came back as a 13G, returning Filipino with a foreign passport (US) and your wife returning with her new Philippines passport. In her case being a dual citizen, did the immigrations officer ask to see both her passports?Anyway, thanks for making that trip from San Jose, CA just to feed me some breakfast. I had a great time chatting with your wife and your brotherand his wife over a nice breakfast at IHOP (Internal House of Pancakes). Yeah, tennis is becoming addictive and get withdrawal symptoms if I missone day not being on the court.Respectfully -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

No, I just came back on a BB stamp. I will just resubmit my Dual Citizenship application in Manila within the 12 months of my BB stamp elapsing. Jho didn't have time to get a new Filipino passport in San Francisco which takes 6 weeks to process, she just used her (IC) Identification Certificate the Philippine Consul gave her after her Oath taking and her U.S. passport to re-enter the Philippines, she can get her new Philippine passport anytime in Manila or have an agent process it for her. Remember, we drove from my brother's place in Santa Clarita, so it was just a 2 hour drive to your place in Temecula. Nice area you live in! Yeah, we went to IHOP 3 more times after our meeting! Also we all made to Sizzler's for steaks the day before our departure back to the Philippines! Love them IHOPs and Sizzlers too!!!!!!